PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:20:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 815859 times)
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #270 on: 2009 March 31, 13:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen just as many dumbfuck men as I have women. This behavior is not isolated to females of various ages.  Roll Eyes Men can be just a petty and stupid as women, it doesn't have anything to do with reproductive organs; its lack of brain cells.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
misshate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009 March 31, 13:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Tabby said.

Thomass is a fucktard. His penis does not factor into it in any way. (One would hope.)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: 2009 March 31, 13:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only in Atwa's fevered imagination *hides*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 March 31, 13:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen just as many dumbfuck men as I have women. This behavior is not isolated to females of various ages.  Roll Eyes Men can be just a petty and stupid as women, it doesn't have anything to do with reproductive organs; its lack of brain cells.
Men are more likely, actually. Men are both more likely to be smart and more likely to be stupid. This is because, biologically, males are more likely to exhibit extreme characteristics, in part because they are nature's guinea pigs, and partly because they lack the moderating influence of a balanced chromosome set. This is why the ranks of both the super-genius and profoundly retarded are both heavily male. The logic is quite simple: Nature can afford to play risks with males. Males are expendable. If you crank out 30 males and 20 get eaten by lions, no biggie, your population growth is unchanged. Can't do the same thing with females.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: 2009 March 31, 13:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While women are more inclined to show wisdom, since wisdom means they are more likely to surprise, and thus more likely to keep the population growing. Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 2009 March 31, 14:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, lookie there. We got the same browser string, and one of these IPs is, surprise surprise, Thomas himself dating back to olden times. We can clearly see our h4x0r wannabe trying, and failing, at using proxycondoms, probably because noob how-tos don't cover how to configure Furryfox, and as a result, BUSTED.

Sorry Delphy, but you are being lied to.
- The Proxy Service is definately and specifically linked to TSR Thomas
- He has apparently used the same ip's on unrelated sites, being Thomas
- The same method of getting the info needed to break in has been used, all on an administrator level
Are you telling me that poor Thomas's computer has been hacked, and the hacker is the one that coversated with Atwa and gave her the ip's she needed to return to TSR and do all kinds of other crap? Because you realize that that story of Thomas buying her ip's  has been confirmed by others besides Coconut? Because, Atwat couldn't keep her mouth or her behaviour in check?

This is TSR trying to pin this on an 'inside hacker', namely Coconut, and you're just being used to slowly get there.

Inactive
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2009 March 31, 14:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, it sets up a scenario that they had problems with the security of the accounts and that anything prior to 3 months ago could have been compromised.  But for me it still leaves questions about why whoever did this waited till now - months later - to do this attack on MTS2.  Not many people know how much information we log, and didn't before yesterday, so I really don't think that whoever did this really thought it would go public.  I suspect it was more simply a way to make buggybooz look bad and to try and discredit her, rather than any specific attack against MTS2 as a whole.  So then it all goes back to timings - who knew about the stolen content, and who would have the motivation and technical knowledge to pull this off?

It still creates questions like you have said. How many other accounts have been tapped into? How long did they have a security breech? Who all knew they were having security issues? Why didn't they inform their customer base? Plus tons more. I personally think it is a cover up, because if they had this security breech, then it should have been there all along. If that mistake has been hanging around, why did it take them so long to fix it? Why did they not tell people, who ya know, put money in Thomass's pocket? At the very least they could have made a tiny news announcement so people could change their information.

I still call bullshit on this one. It would be more believable if they had released a new statement about it when they discovered it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Shiny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2009 March 31, 14:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm taking it beyond the sims community at this point, because this shit has gotten ridiculous.

Here's my thread as of this morning (still going 2 hours later!): http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=5f7bf43cb22b2e8fdd6e8249029a15cc&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Also, I did write to the Consumerist. We shall see what happens.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2009 March 31, 14:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definately a cover up, Missbonbon.
Thomas's ip has been busted on events unrelated to this, and also, the ip's have been linked to him personally, as they had also been purchased for atwa to use.

Inactive
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2009 March 31, 14:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why choose *now* to do this attack if you've had the logins for *months*? It doesn't make any sense.  The timings are way off, and are very suspicious.

That works on Coconut's side of things more than TSR.  If you had all that information, all that power, and were going to use it to destroy TSR, wouldn't you want to use it ASAP?  After all, it's only a matter of time before the leak is discovered and blocked.  Why make a tiny attack on Sim secrets, wait a few months, then make one tiny attack on MTS2?  It comes off like someone who knows that time is on their side and they can leisurely  pick and choose when to strike.   Not doing too much damage, because well, if the truth is discovered, you don't want to leave too much of a mess.  After all, no one really got hurt with this, did they?  Sure, annoyance all around, but Buggy has her stuff, MsT2 fixed the problem, all is well! 

Think about it.  If you were Coconut, or even Pescado (as he's been brought up from the outside as a potential suspect) why be so namby pamby about it? I mean, if you're going to commit a crime and lay it at the feet of TSR, do it RIGHT.   This comes across like someone with ninja training using their skills merely to sneak into your house in the dead of night and annoy your cat, then leave a video of it for you to watch.  Yes, it's shaky, someone broke into your house.  And sure, the cat is miffled as hell, but nothing is permanent, it can all be fixed. 

This sounds like a crime planned to indite someone, yet leave as little true damage as possible.  If you're truly someone who's out to get TSR and trying to line them up in this, wouldn't you go to a lot more trouble?  Wouldn't you want to do some real damage? 

I can tell you only that TSR anti-freesite related activity has been picking up in the last couple of months.

Remember awhile ago when several of us were sure that  TSR was up to something and we were waiting for the big shoe to drop?  I thought it was Dot's little "How to treat people like idiots, when you're one yourself!" tutorials, but I think now that was the red herring to lull us into a false sense of security.  After all, how many of us felt so superior to see that lame attempt?  "Oh, TSR, you are such sillies!" 

We were lulled into a false sense of security, that TSR were total idiots, and all was right with the world.  They even picked DOT, someone we have talked about not being very bright as the bait.  Why not pick BlackGarden?  We hate her, but I at least, don't think she's stupid.  Nope, pick Dot.  We can all point and laugh now.

Meanwhile, they plot and scheme and wait for the right moment.  And BANG here it is!  Buggy blames Shakeshaft for theft, perfect!  The only rough point is the coincidence factors, which is that Buggy happened to notice it.  TSR was taking a pretty big risk, unless they've been stealing stuff for a long time and Buggy is the first person to notice it and who has an account with TSR that uses the same password.  But if that were the case, then why haven't other people stepped forward to claim theft.  People that they couldn't hack their accounts because they didn't use the same password?

But, I think this really is the other shoe.  Dot was just being used as a decoy for all of us to follow and think that TSR was being stupid. 

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:  I am NOT saying that Buggy knew what was going on.  Upon rereading what I wrote, I could see where someone might think I was hinting at that.  I am not. She is an innocent victim in this whole thing. 

Also, can anyone do a C&P of the BBS thread Shiny posted?  First because it'll be gone soon enough, second because I'm banned from the BBS and can't see it.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 14:59:54 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2009 March 31, 14:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, Thomas is laughing at you. You've been duped. You fell for his lame excuse.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2009 March 31, 15:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there is a list compiled with the most popular TSR myths somewhere?
Any help would be appreciated!

/Johan @ TSR

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2009 March 31, 15:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, johan. We don't have myths here. Fresh out. But you're doing a good job trying to create them. Wink

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2009 March 31, 15:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, lookie there. We got the same browser string, and one of these IPs is, surprise surprise, Thomas himself dating back to olden times. We can clearly see our h4x0r wannabe trying, and failing, at using proxycondoms, probably because noob how-tos don't cover how to configure Furryfox, and as a result, BUSTED.

Sorry Delphy, but you are being lied to.
- The Proxy Service is definately and specifically linked to TSR Thomas
- He has apparently used the same ip's on unrelated sites, being Thomas
- The same method of getting the info needed to break in has been used, all on an administrator level
Are you telling me that poor Thomas's computer has been hacked, and the hacker is the one that coversated with Atwa and gave her the ip's she needed to return to TSR and do all kinds of other crap? Because you realize that that story of Thomas buying her ip's  has been confirmed by others besides Coconut? Because, Atwat couldn't keep her mouth or her behaviour in check?

This is TSR trying to pin this on an 'inside hacker', namely Coconut, and you're just being used to slowly get there.

Nouk,

The only IPs that I know of are in Sinthes screenshot - and they dont link to Thomas based on information in the MTS2 logs. The 70 address is obviously the proxy, but the other two do not match anything we have on record here as being Thomas. The two IP addresses on the Hamilton IP are wildly different from the 2 on the Sinthe screenshot.

Which IPs are supposedly Atwas then?  I'll look them up and see who else they match.

There are way too many holes in the story right now to pin this down.  Suffice to say I don't think that this is all as they say.
mrs_cicero
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2009 March 31, 15:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, can anyone do a C&P of the BBS thread Shiny posted?  First because it'll be gone soon enough, second because I'm banned from the BBS and can't see it.

Done...will post in a sec...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: