PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 17:40:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816038 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #225 on: 2009 March 31, 04:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... Nouk, are you saying that maybe TSR did all this in order to blame Coconut? 

If so, that's pretty freakin' clever of them. And risky as hell too.  They hack Simsecrets, then use Buggy's complaint as an excuse to hack her site.  They leave a lot of calling cards to draw attention to the fact that it's TSR, and everyone goes, "Those bastards!" But some of us wonder, how stupid do you have to be?

So, TSR comes forward and says, "We wuz haxed!" 

And who is the logical person to blame?  Coconut.  Because Coconut has the motive.  And, from the screen shots, it's known that Coconut has access to TSR, higher access than other people. 

EDIT to add:  Also, I think all of us would agree that Coconut is pretty intelligent.  He/She has to be clever to get away with everything they have.  So, I think even Coconut would know not to leave too much evidence that it was Thomas, if Coconut was doing all this damage.  But, if you were Thomas, and wanted to make sure that TSR would get the blame until they could claim they were hacked, he'd make sure the evidence was as crystal clear as possible, so there would be no doubt that the hacker wants to frame TSR. 

To explain more clearly: TSR is making up/has been staging the hacking of their site 3 months ago.

The proof that they are lying is that TSR used the same method of attack (using their TSR passwords to gain entree to accounts on other websites) on Sinthe's Simsecret as they did yesterday on MTS2, except back then they hadn't prepared a scape goat. And, they used the same Proxy Service to do it.

There is no-one sabotaging TSR except Thomas or maybe Atwa.

Inactive
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 March 31, 04:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And who is the logical person to blame?  Coconut.  Because Coconut has the motive.  And, from the screen shots, it's known that Coconut has access to TSR, higher access than other people. 

But Coconut doesn't have the motive.  Coconut is doing just fine with bringing down TSR's reputation already by reporting on stuff that TSR already do.

Why would Coconut need to contrive something like this, when TSR are already handing out plenty of rope to hang them with?

BINGO!  But, would it be that hard to convince people that Coconut did have the motive?  People that are on the fence, that TSR wants to lure to their side.  Yes, they took a huge risk today by setting themselves up, but that can also work to their advantage.

1: Get everyone pissed at TSR by hacking something and being so obvious that they were the ones who hacked it.

2: Let people foam and froth and work themselves into a true lather over this.

3: Come forward and "confess" that you have a security breach.  

4: Watch as everyone in a foaming lather looks for a scapegoat, after all, we're all MAD, and when you're mad you don't want to be played for a fool.

5: Point out slyly, that there is someone in the community, well known in the community, that has inside information.  

6: Watch lathering crowd turn on Coconut.  

7: Sit back, cry victim, and wait for the sympathies (and $$$) to roll in.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 March 31, 04:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone should want more evidence, here is the screen I took of my LJ's logins after it was hacked. The entries with blue dots next to them are not me.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 04:12:59 by Pescado » Logged

ILU, Coconut!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 March 31, 04:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FAIL, as ANYONE can now confirm that the ip's have the same source, and the Simsecret hacker is the MTS2 attacker, and the first hacking happened BEFORE TSR's fake security breach. The Simsecret evidence points to Thomas, and the new evidence just supports that.

It was a great idea, Thomas. If you wouldn't have forgotten about Simsecret, you could have won this one.  Cheesy

Inactive
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 March 31, 04:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same service. The configuration is identical and everything. Probably another exit node for their network. We can thus consider the SimSecret hacker and the Buggybooz hacker to be the same, entry vector, also the same. It's confirmed to be TSR, and refutes Thomas's "3 months" claim because the SimSecret break is nearly 5 months old!

The dots. Funny how they connect, isn't it? Well, maybe the EA "team" can now coach Thomass on how to handle the fallout.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 March 31, 04:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like your shape, Snarky.

Inactive
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 March 31, 04:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point Darqstar. I think perhaps it might really be Anita with orders from Thomass as he keeps her around for just such emergencies. "Oh, look it wasn't me! It was that crazy Atwa person seeking revenge on me for having fired her as Artist Manager."

I showed Delphy's post about what happened to my husband (who does not play Sims at all) and he agreed that what they did was low. I still say it is TSR and they are blowing smoke to obscure the facts.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 March 31, 04:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone should want more evidence, here is the screen I took of my LJ's logins after it was hacked. The entries with blue dots next to them are not me.

Sinthe, the link isn't working.  http://pics.livejournal.com/sinthe/pic/0000pga6 <-- This one does though  Grin

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 March 31, 04:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sinthe, the link isn't working.  http://pics.livejournal.com/sinthe/pic/0000pga6 <-- This one does though  Grin

Well, at least that works! I'm kinda angry right now. Thanks, Darqstar!

ILU, Coconut!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 March 31, 04:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, lookie there. We got the same browser string, and one of these IPs is, surprise surprise, Thomas himself dating back to olden times. We can clearly see our h4x0r wannabe trying, and failing, at using proxycondoms, probably because noob how-tos don't cover how to configure Furryfox, and as a result, BUSTED.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 March 31, 04:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't someone have a list of the IP's Thomas bought for Atwa? I think they were listed in Coconut's journal, but I can't remember.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 March 31, 04:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By setting up this trap for Coconut, and admitting the login info came from TSR, Thomas has now 100% proven himself to be the Simsecret hacker AND the modthesims2 hacker. Proving every word of Coconot is true. Thanks, Thomas!
Karma is a bitch. Lawsuit ahoy.

Inactive
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: Stealing Your Identities!
« Reply #237 on: 2009 March 31, 04:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I showed Delphy's post about what happened to my husband (who does not play Sims at all) and he agreed that what they did was low. I still say it is TSR and they are blowing smoke to obscure the facts.

I told my husband about this too. He also does not play sims and thinks it's all frivolous waste of time (whatever). He agreed that this is not only low but unethical and quite illegal. Not just morally wrong, but an actual crime, punishable by fines and, yes, jail time.
Is there a way someone can actually press charges and sue TSR for identity theft, hacking and whatever else they have done?
This isn't just about some video game anymore. There are serious crimes being committed now.

I was gone for a day and came back to find all this has happened. I am literally sick in my stomache over this.
I have Buggy's planter pots collection. I love them. So this whole thing about the meshes being being stolen is absolutely repulsive to me.

fake edit: I believe the thread was split while I was typing this, so it sent my first attempt to post somewhere wierd. I don't really understand what happened. Just wanted to explain in case this post shows up twice or something.

My Deviant artwork here.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 March 31, 04:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So have Delphy and MTS2 been appraised of the situation?

As for Shakeshaft? As it turns out, at the very least she's a thieving bitch.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 March 31, 04:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to find out anything new about Ibibi and phailed. It's a privately owned for-profit company, TSR's webstats have been meandering downward for 6 months, but we already knew that. Is Thomas even trying to play the "it's for bandwidth!" game any more?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: