PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:29:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816989 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #195 on: 2009 March 31, 01:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, lil Tommy boy got Anutty a proxy program to use so others would not recognize her, so what's to prevent him from using the same kind of thing himself. He's proven himself to be dishonest before, so what's to say he's not trying to blow smoke up your ass to prevent you from being angry with him over all of this?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Sarahsuke
Landlubber

INFJ - The S is for Sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2009 March 31, 01:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're all incredibly nieve to think that I actually care what you think?
If you really didn't care about what we think, you wouldn't be here spewing your greed-based drivel at us. But hey, enjoy being used like a crusty old sock.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 March 31, 01:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said in my post, I'm not entirely convinced either way.

IF TSR had no such security problem, then this still points to them/

IF TSR had a security problem, this still points to them having serious issues with the security of thier data.

And the timings are way off.  Why choose *now* to do this attack if you've had the logins for *months*? It doesn't make any sense.  The timings are way off, and are very suspicious.

So, while I'm not convinced it was a TSR high-level sanctioned thing, I'm still wanting to know who and why.  It could have been a lower down or it could have been somebody else entirely.

Paden, who is this "Anutty"? 
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2009 March 31, 01:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anutty = Anita, Atwa.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 March 31, 01:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, could you check for yourself (if you don't want to share) from what countries besides Sweden this account was accesed before the deleting, and when? if this account was shared and/or accessed from different countries before, the "It wasn't me"- excuse doesnt fly that easily.

You're right about the weird timing.
The lack of reaction towards BuggyBooz's accusations aside from the deleting of all her stuff is very suspicious.
Also, Coconut has told us that they were aware of the theft, but it was decided to take entirely different action.

Inactive
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2009 March 31, 01:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, who is this "Anutty"? 

Anita/Atwa. She is a very unpopular person whom Thomas keeps around for some reason. My theory has always been that she's there to deflect attention and blame from him and from TSR's bad practices generally.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 March 31, 01:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, she's also known as Anita, Atwa and Atwat. She's one of the most annoying pains in the ass that you could ever dream of. And if you did dream of her, she'd be a bloody nightmare. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 March 31, 02:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the timings are way off.  Why choose *now* to do this attack if you've had the logins for *months*? It doesn't make any sense.  The timings are way off, and are very suspicious.

*delurks*

In my honest opinion, so everyone would forget about the "security breeches" and they'd be able to use that as their safety net down pat.  This whole thing seems played out even since the so called account hackings a few months back.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 March 31, 02:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, could you check for yourself (if you don't want to share) from what countries besides Sweden this account was accesed before the deleting, and when? if this account was shared and/or accessed from different countries before, the "It wasn't me"- excuse doesnt fly that easily.

You're right about the weird timing.
The lack of reaction towards BuggyBooz's accusations aside from the deleting of all her stuff is very suspicious.
Also, Coconut has told us that they were aware of the theft, but it was decided to take entirely different action.

Which account? Thomas's?  The only 2 recorded IPs are both in Sweden.  Both of which are in one of the screenshots.  I have no recorded login data prior to Jan 2009 for that account other than the intial registration, so I couldn't say anything about last year but the data you see in the screenshot is everything recorded on the account.  It hasn't been used much.

Paden, Ahh Atwa.  Okay, thanks.  Well, unless I know who that is on MTS2 I obviously cannot to any comparisons. Smiley
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 March 31, 02:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, to clarify, so the ip's used before the attack are from sweden? And the one used in the attack is not?

Delphy told me in msn that the ip used in the deleting thing is not from Sweden, but it is somekind of proxy setup. And to ask whatever the that means and any server details, to Pescado.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 02:20:06 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 March 31, 02:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Nouk, but it's the same address used on both accounts.  Pescado can give you more info about the actual server hardware and stuff, but it appears to be some kind of weird proxy setup.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: 2009 March 31, 02:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done an ip search & it comes back as being in Texas.

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp

IP Address   Country (Short)   Country (Full)   Flag   Region   City   ISP   Map 
70.85.179.186 US UNITED STATES  TEXAS DALLAS THEPLANET.COM INTERNET SERVICES INC 

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 March 31, 02:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the IP belongs to a professional proxy service. nmapping the server reveals that it is a Linux, probably CentOS 5, which is NOT consistent with the browser string given. This means the browser string is either faked entirely, or passed transparently. Nmap also reveals that only ports 80, 90, and 7007 are open, and all are running ssh. These are NOT standard ports for ssh. In fact, 80 is HTTP. The only clear reason someone would be running a SSH on port 80 is to intentionally bypass firewall blocks like those set by workplaces or schools, as most firewalls leave port 80 open so people can view websites. Again, supports "professional proxy service".

Of course, this means there is no actual way into the server that isn't secure. Therefore, there is no way a "hacker" could be randomly using this service. No true hacker would ever pay for a "secure" proxy service knowing it would leave a paper trail back to him, and so many free "open" proxies exist on the Internet. This sort of service is only paradoxically used by those who don't understand privacy at all AND have money to throw around. Who do we know that fits that profile?

Last but not least, unconfirmed, but isn't this the same IP address implicated in the SimSecret hackings? Someone doublecheck 70.85.179.186.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2009 March 31, 02:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last but not least, unconfirmed, but isn't this the same IP address implicated in the SimSecret hackings? Someone doublecheck 70.85.179.186.

The ip for the SimSecret hacking is 78.129.197.69

Details for that ip are...

IP Address   Country (Short)   Country (Full)   Flag   Region   City   ISP   Map 
78.129.197.69 UK UNITED KINGDOM  ENGLAND LONDON RAPIDSWITCH LTD 

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Henbane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 March 31, 03:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check this out:http://forums.sims-community.com/showthread.php?p=1336560#post1336560

"Buggy, this is awful and I am so sorry that this happened to you. I'd like to say that TSR wouldn't stoop this low, but that's just a lie. They can, will, and do.

In November, my Livejournal was hacked and used to fuck with Simsecret (in fact, recent secrets are how I found out about this!)... and I think now I know how. My LJ and TSR passwords used to be the same. Also? The login info that LJ logs (browser, OS, IP address, etc) is almost identical to the info logged for Buggy's account. ASFDDFH, I just feel sick now!

I think we need make sure that as much of the Sims 2 community as possible knows about what happened to Buggy, and that TSR did it. Something good will come of this: more people will realize that TSR is a bunch of jerks who have nothing better to do than harass people."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: