PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:41:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816150 times)
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2175 on: 2009 November 29, 18:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot...I made the list.  Under a name I have never used anywhere, just part of an e-mail addy.  

Hard to understand where they got the info.  I don't use that name or e-mail here, GOS, Sims Cave, or the BBS.  On the BBS, I've been very vocal against SecuROM.  Only posted on the Sims 3 forum a few times(that place is a mess).  I may use that e-mail at GOS, not sure.

Back in the Sims 1 days I did have a sub at TSR.  The only file sharing I did was with my nephew.  I'd let him use my account to download.  During Sims 2, I've never had a sub there, nor have I file shared.  The only thing I can think of is many months ago I deleted my personal info off my account there and made up a nasty user name and e-mail.  This is when the news broke they didn't encrypt their passwords.  I may have had the same e-mail as the name listed.  Too long ago and really don't remember.
RedSeawench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2009 November 29, 19:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I made that list too,I am a member at MATY (major lurker)PMBD,I don't post often but I am here nearly every day,Sims Cave,GOS and BPS under this name.I have never posted at TSR or BBS and if they think I am a pirate because of my memberships well so be it.
At least I am in most excellent company.
The Shady Waffle
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2177 on: 2009 November 29, 19:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on the list and I'm not surprised by that since I have participated in TSR arguments on other sites including the BBS. I was, however, surprised to see a friend of mine on LJ who is on the list. Her TSR account hasn't been used in years and she has only participated in my personal LJ rants about TSR (which are months old now). She might be a member of MATY and some of the other sites people are mentioning, but I'm certain she would only be there for the mods and other downloads since she doesn't concern herself with the sims community as much as I do. She also says that she hasn't even done anything sims wise for at least a year. Undecided
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: 2009 November 29, 19:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did apparently make the list. What I find strange is that I have no memory of ever joining TSR, as I tend to be pretty paranoid. Needless to say, I haven't downloaded from the site, either. Have now since deleted the e-mail account, of course, but I'm wondering where they got it in the first place.

I sing along with elevator music.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2179 on: 2009 November 29, 20:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, how do we find out which email address is on the list, since Coconut, unlike the TSR folks, is ethical and didn't put it up Cheesy

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Alke
Landlubber

Misillusioned Discreant

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: 2009 November 29, 21:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I never joined TSR either, Sigmund. Never got any TSR content from the Booty either. And like Darqstar, anyone with even a white belt in Google-fu could get my email and full name - or anyone who looked at the email I use here. They'd need a whole lot more to find anything associated with my name, though. No web presence under that name = benefit. The worst they could do is find me on Facebook (thank whoever my country got fussy about their security) and possibly egg my house.

But I'm pretty sure they just looked at whoever posted here recently and wrote 'em down, Landlubber or ARR!.

@Soggy: Maybe ask her in an email?

How many zombies make up a horde?
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2009 November 29, 21:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow - I'm on their list....

I'm a major lurker - I don't even have the same name here as I do on MATY - and I hardly ever post there either.

I hardly go to TSR either - it's a total cesspool. :/

Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2009 November 29, 21:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SoggyFox: The way I figured it out was that I posted using the e-mail that I suspected they had. It doesn't get displayed to anybody else, and Coconut confirmed that it matched. I'd also recommend that anybody else do what I did if their e-mail address was compromised, which is delete the e-mail account. It'll probably just get overrun with spam at this point anyway.

ZariaMoon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: 2009 November 29, 21:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on their list, full name and email.  I occassionally browse Sim sites, have downloaded one or two things on PMBD a long time ago .  

I have no idea why I am on this list or how I got there,  I don't post at TSR(or download for that matter, I do have taste), I do not post on the BBS, I don't post anywhere. I am really stumped how I acquired the honor of being called a Pirate.  

I guess TSR has pushed another Sim player into this war,  I was just a lurker not actively supporting any side, though privately always supported the pirates.

Note:  I did sign an online petition to not buy Sims 3 because of EA's dealings with paysites that did include my email and name, could they have obtained this information from there?  This is the only thing I can think of that I have done.  
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2009 November 29, 21:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it very interesting that you said that. I signed the same petition, and have no memory of ever joining TSR or providing them with the e-mail address that they apparently acquired. Does anyone else who is on the list remember signing the petition?

ETA: Just for fun, I went to the TSR website and tried logging in with the (now defunct) e-mail they manged to get their hands on. Sure enough, it came up with a "no matching e-mail in database" message. I'm becoming more and more certain that however they got it, I didn't give it to them.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 22:08:38 by Sigmund » Logged

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2009 November 29, 21:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol at Thomass thinking we're dead.  Just 'cause we aren't being spammed by the same questions over and over anymore and he's not over here trolling atm doesn't mean we're dead.

And I disagree with you, Darqstar.  It's fine that you personally do not care that they have your information, but I daresay quite a few of us holds that information dear.  It's also not just a matter of the information itself, but the intent behind it.  It's malicious.  Some of the people that hold that information are responsible for many morally reprehensible and illegal things.  Who knows what they were/are planning to do with it!

Skimming the list I see some big names, but the majority of them aren't a part of this at all.  I agree with Pescado.  They aren't pirates at all.  They're people that have been branded as such because they probably linked to the booty once or said something vaguely anti-tsr on one of the many forums that do not protect email addresses from being seen.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2009 November 29, 22:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ZariaMoon
Note:  I did sign an online petition to not buy Sims 3 because of EA's dealings with paysites that did include my email and name, could they have obtained this information from there?  This is the only thing I can think of that I have done.  

hmmm,

Quote from: Sigmund
I find it very interesting that you said that. I signed the same petition, and have no memory of ever joining TSR or providing them with the e-mail address that they apparently acquired. Does anyone else who is on the list remember signing the petition?

Didn't sign it, and I'm not on the list. Anyone else?

edit - of course that could be because I came in at #616 and just missed The Most Popular Pirates list
« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 22:10:18 by SnarkyShark » Logged
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2009 November 29, 22:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't sign the petition and I'm not on this "pirate list".  Does that help?

ETA:  The petition did get hacked, didn't it?

ETA2:  And why is there no "1" for the list?  It starts at 2.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 22:16:04 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
ZariaMoon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2009 November 29, 22:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious and just checked TSR,  the email I have registered there is an old one I haven't used in almost 2 years, the one on the list is my current one.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2009 November 29, 22:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm pretty much convinced that TSR's source of info on this was the hacked petition. Coconut mentions on her blog that some of the names have comments beside them:

Next to each name is a Email address and next to some of them are comments which seem to be addressed to EA and carry anti-TSR vibes

Additionally, I remember signing first-name only on the petition, because I debated over it. Coincidentally, TSR doesn't have my last name on the list. I also remember intentionally signing with an old e-mail address that I never checked, because I figured if it got spammed I didn't care.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: