PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:50:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 817764 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #210 on: 2009 March 31, 03:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, this means there is no actual way into the server that isn't secure. Therefore, there is no way a "hacker" could be randomly using this service. No true hacker would ever pay for a "secure" proxy service knowing it would leave a paper trail back to him, and so many free "open" proxies exist on the Internet. This sort of service is only paradoxically used by those who don't understand privacy at all AND have money to throw around. Who do we know that fits that profile?

If we're talking about a resident TSR fanatic going that extra mile to try and undermine coconut, my guess would be either padre or DOT. Neither seems particularly tech savvy and both have demonstrated an unusual desire to "get" us. Remember padre's failed attempt to perform an attack on the booty? How about DOT's totally senseless tutorials?
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: 2009 March 31, 03:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we're talking about a resident TSR fanatic going that extra mile to try and undermine coconut, my guess would be either padre or DOT. Neither seems particularly tech savvy and both have demonstrated an unusual desire to "get" us. Remember padre's failed attempt to perform an attack on the booty? How about DOT's totally senseless tutorials?

My vote is on Atwat. Shes been known to have been inquiring on how to hack & i think was the one responsible for hacking Sim Secret.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2009 March 31, 03:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think padre or DOT have money to throw around. Thomas does though.

What's the name of the company that owns TSR?

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2009 March 31, 03:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the name of the company that owns TSR?

Electronic Arts Tongue LOL

I don't remember what the company name name is.

Found it. TSR is owned by Ibibi AB.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 March 31, 03:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does this affect Coconut?  She/he hasn't really said much, only that they heard TSR were talking about it and confirmed it, but they haven't posted any proof.    Coconut seems to be staying out of this, so how can attacking Mts2 help to discredit Coconut?

On the other hand though, I do wonder if someone inside of TSR is trying to destroy TSR.   No, not just Coconut, because this isn't Coconut's style, and if they had this power, why weren't they using it earlier?   I'm just wondering if there might not be someone else trying to destroy TSR who's on the inside.  Because it does seem weird that MST2 was hacked, but no real damage was done, and they were sure to leave a "Calling card," in the form of using an account that Thomas uses. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 March 31, 03:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I have been thinking too, Darq. This all reeks of T$R, and while Thomass is not a bright bulb, I have trouble believing even he could be this stupid. Although, maybe that was the point. So he could blame the "big, bad pirates", since we are all such excellent HAXXORS.  Roll Eyes

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 March 31, 03:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the same thing as Darqstar, maybe somebody at the tsr ( besides coconut) is pissed off.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 March 31, 03:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sinthe posted that when her Life Journal account was hacked in November last year, her password for TSR and LiveJournal where the same.
This means that, months and months before TSR claims to have had the breach, they have already used the same method to get Sinthe's password, and used the same proxy service to attack Simsecret.
So yeah, Thomas is full of shit. Surprise surprise?

This whole fake hacking thing was, like alot of people said back then, a way to expose and/or discredit Coconut and blame her for being a hacker. And this is what they are steering towards, to keep EA and now Delphy on their good side.

Inactive
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 March 31, 03:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... Nouk, are you saying that maybe TSR did all this in order to blame Coconut? 

If so, that's pretty freakin' clever of them. And risky as hell too.  They hack Simsecrets, then use Buggy's complaint as an excuse to hack her site.  They leave a lot of calling cards to draw attention to the fact that it's TSR, and everyone goes, "Those bastards!" But some of us wonder, how stupid do you have to be?

So, TSR comes forward and says, "We wuz haxed!" 

And who is the logical person to blame?  Coconut.  Because Coconut has the motive.  And, from the screen shots, it's known that Coconut has access to TSR, higher access than other people. 

EDIT to add:  Also, I think all of us would agree that Coconut is pretty intelligent.  He/She has to be clever to get away with everything they have.  So, I think even Coconut would know not to leave too much evidence that it was Thomas, if Coconut was doing all this damage.  But, if you were Thomas, and wanted to make sure that TSR would get the blame until they could claim they were hacked, he'd make sure the evidence was as crystal clear as possible, so there would be no doubt that the hacker wants to frame TSR. 

« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 03:57:52 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 March 31, 03:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On gayles screencap, of the banning of Atwa, in Coconuts blog there were two ips connected to Atwa. The email address used was associated with Toms wife.  I am not in the know of ip addresses but one of them was very similar to 70.85.179.186. it was 70.85.197.178.  Similar isn't the same so I don't know if it means anything or nothing.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 March 31, 03:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same service. The configuration is identical and everything. Probably another exit node for their network. We can thus consider the SimSecret hacker and the Buggybooz hacker to be the same, entry vector, also the same. It's confirmed to be TSR, and refutes Thomas's "3 months" claim because the SimSecret break is nearly 5 months old!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Kyna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 March 31, 03:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And who is the logical person to blame?  Coconut.  Because Coconut has the motive.  And, from the screen shots, it's known that Coconut has access to TSR, higher access than other people. 

But Coconut doesn't have the motive.  Coconut is doing just fine with bringing down TSR's reputation already by reporting on stuff that TSR actually do.

Why would Coconut need to contrive something like this, when TSR are already handing out plenty of rope for Coconut to hang their collective a$$e$ with?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 04:03:25 by Kyna » Logged
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 March 31, 03:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't be Coconut: Coconut lacks the technical chops to pull this off, and the funding. That is a PROFESSIONAL proxy service for those with more money than sense. It is NOT something Coconut would use, as Coconut cannot afford such a thing, as she cannot even afford hosting for CoconutBlog.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 March 31, 04:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same service. The configuration is identical and everything. Probably another exit node for their network. We can thus consider the SimSecret hacker and the Buggybooz hacker to be the same, entry vector, also the same. It's confirmed to be TSR, and refutes Thomas's "3 months" claim because the SimSecret break is nearly 5 months old!

There you have it. Wonder what the next "story" will be...

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 March 31, 04:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm already embroiled in a fight with someone who thinks it was Pescado. *sigh* No, it's no one I knew before. I think that if Thomas can't figure out a way to make a coconut accusation stick, he's going to throw blame on Pescado. And defending Pescado is really not how I enjoy spending my time.  Tongue

I still expect Thomas to break the glass in case of emergency and end up blaming Atwa, though.

Edit: unclear pronoun usage.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: