PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:04:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807167 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1740 on: 2009 July 18, 22:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HystericalParoxysm is converting all of her hairs for TS3 and has received permission from Nouk to convert all of hers as well- there is apparently now a way to do so without replacing hairs which means Delphy and WesHowe must have figured out methods of doing so - I am anxiously awaiting these hairs- especially HP's Athena Cut and Nouks Curly hairs - the only curlyish hair in game is the long sort of wavy hair and that god awful 40's Wannabe cut (I hope someone converts Ghanima Atreides Pinup Girl cut and makes it as a default for that one - it is even uglier if possible than the 40's hair that came with AL) and I miss my Sims being able to have decent short or curly hair

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 2009 July 18, 23:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to get those hairs. I think that may be the best way to start, converting content made for Sims 2, and even content in the Sims 2, for Sims 3. That was one of the major letdowns of Sims 2, they kept asking "Oh what objects do you want from Sims 1 to be made into Sims 2" and we didn't really see that. The only things I can think of they did was the vibrating bed, mic(though in superstar it was a stage and everything), and a sorta remake of the mystical bed from Makin' Magic.

CC for Sims 3 is starting to looking promising.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: 2009 July 18, 23:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were a few TS1 conversions for TS2 on MTS- The Polyphonic Stereo, the Lovebed, Walls and Floors , and the Antique Stove and Old Thyme Fridge but not many at all - at least that were not on paysites as ATS has a bunch of stuff as well. Object wise who knows if there will be a lot to do since most of the stuff is already remakes of the exact same stuff in TS2 except with different names

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 2009 July 18, 23:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking more of from EA.

I did get some of the Sims 1 to Sims 2 remakes off of mod the sims, one person was at one point working on recreating all the lots from sims 1 onto sims 2, she did the houses in Hoods 1 and 2, old town, downtown, and part of vacation island, then she stopped, and deleted all of her stuff on MTS. I looked to see if she was on TSR, and she was, she just didn't repost the Sims 1 to Sims 2 lots, at least last time I checked she hadn't, and that was last summer.

Yeah I know about ATS. Sandy has made a lot of her sets from Sims 1 on to Sims 2, and then sets she is making on Sims 2 she has started to make on Sims 1.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: 2009 July 19, 00:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it is pretty par for the course since Maxis became EA- whatever we as the paying customers want- we don't get- EA does not support  the adage that the customer is always right- for instance - I would have loved BV much more if it has operated more like Vacation but with community lots and more things to actually do at the hotels

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: 2009 July 20, 02:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great news on the hairs.  I'm still waiting for word on object creation - making new meshes would be wonderful, or importing sims 2 meshes.  I want my counter culture kitchen back.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: 2009 July 20, 12:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR gave an update about their tool, just took a month and 2 days. This is what they say:

The Workshop BETA is being released this week (monday) and will include full import/edit/export functionality. At this stage the tool can be used to create edited clothing and hair meshes as well as completely new make-up and accessories. Hair retexturing is also functional to a certain degree. See the section at the end of this post to learn more about the current capabilities of TSR Workshop in more detail. To take part in the BETA, read the details on the TSR Workshop Website when it goes live tomorrow (monday).

Our early testers have provided some great feedback which has allowed for us to create what we think is a very user friendly tool with powerful features such as export/import functionality for meshes, overlays, multipliers, speculars and masks and the live 3D previews which can be rotated and zoomed allowing you to check your work in real time for seamless wrapping and detail.

The TSR Workshop exports user friendly .sims3pack files which include all meshes and patterns either used or created, to allow for a simple and reliable install method for downloaders.

The TSR Pattern Editor is now integrated into the tool which now includes a fully searchable EA (base game) patterns database.

TSR Workshop v0.5.7.0 Specification Update

For those technically minded CC creators, here is the current status of the TSR Workshop for each content type. You should be sure to read the EULA before using the TSR Workshop to create your own Custom Content.

Clothing: Full support for all clothing types. New meshes are currently limited (see below). This is a work in progress.

Makeup: Nearly full support. Eyebrows can not be recolored in game as of yet.

Hair: Partial support, some items can not be recolored in game yet. New meshes are currently limited (see below). This is a work in progress.

Accessories: Nearly full support. A few items can not be recolored in game. New meshes are currently limited (see below). This is a work in progress.

Complates: Partial support for changing the different steps in the texture generation process (type, alphablending, colors).

Textures: Full support for changing all properties (rgbmask, specular mask, overlay, multiplier etc.) plus Export of all textures and Import of DDS files.

Meshes: Partial support of export/import of OBJ-files (wavefront format). Mesh vertices may be replaced IF the number of vertices is the same. Bone assignments may not be changed. Fully automated process with a live 3D preview.

Patterns: Possible to create/upload new patterns. You may also use existing EA patterns by using our patterns browser.

Variations: Possible to add new and delete existing variations to a creation. This makes it possible to include several versions of the same file in one Sims3pack file.

Export: To sims3pack with auto-generated thumbnails or custom thumbnails.

Utilities:

* Being project based you can start by cloning existing game content or by creating 'from scratch'
    * Project/package contents may be changed by using "Edit->Project contents"
    * Smooth upload of files to TSR using the file storage option

I'm getting off that damn site now, ads are starting to redirect theirselves to their sites. When I was pasting that above I was taken to a "Crush Calculator."

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1747 on: 2009 July 20, 14:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hope someone besides TSR does a tool doing what this is claiming to be able to do.  I just don't trust anything from TSR and I just can't bring myself to use their tool, not knowing what virii or worms could be lurking in it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 2009 July 20, 15:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meshes?
I bet they replace other items. Someone from Modthesims has done non defaults already, so I would like to see them try.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 2009 July 20, 18:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wes and Delphy already have tools that do this.  I don't know anything about it but since we already have creators making accessories (new tattoos and watches etc.) and non replacement clothing and hair meshes, I don't see how this tool does anything that another tool doesn't already do.  They seem to be making their own tool so that they don't have to follow the terms of use of the currently available tools.  I know Wes's tool does not allow creations to be pay.  Peggy has already used the tool and violated the terms in order to sell her "creations".  TSR seems to understand how bad it would be for them to do this so they have to create their own tools so they don't have that issue this time (enough people ripped them last time for using free tools to make objects to sell).

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Hartley
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: 2009 July 20, 19:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she says they're not default replacements: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ulkrhsn/blog/view-post/post/12283
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: 2009 July 20, 19:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yet again, free sites did it first, and probably better.

I'm actually surprised they can do that yet, considering they talked about their "new tool that could create patterns, meshes and more", and yet they didn't come out with it until much later.
MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: 2009 July 20, 22:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

I'm a newcomer to this thread to I'm responding to the first few posts (so forgive me for bringing up old news and getting off the current discussion):

"'Secure' passwords are mostly a myth. While it pays not to have really LAME passwords, beyond that, it is no use. Besides, given that TSR bundles mysterious SPYWARE in with their downloads, it is likely that Buggybooz picked up a keylogger trojan, probably from a TSR download.

So remember, get your TSR downloads HERE, where we have swept and cleaned them, don't run strange executables, and don't download from TSR."

This chills be to my social advocacy bones. If this is true, than TSR can be reported to the FBI for cybercrimes (look it up on the FBI site. Delivering Spyware is a reportable offense that the FBI takes seriously). If anyone can prove TSR is still doing this (or at least attest to it, if not prove it)--specifically, those who sweep the downloads before uploading them here--then I'd suggest reporting them. After all, they're not going to stop hacking into people's accounts unless they get smacked in the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. This probably won't stop them from being a paysite, but it might curtail them from being an EEEEEVIL paysite.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: 2009 July 21, 00:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

I'After all, they're not going to stop hacking into people's accounts unless they get smacked in the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. This probably won't stop them from being a paysite, but it might curtail them from being an EEEEEVIL paysite.

All paysites are evil - We don't rank them at PMBD- Thomass, Rose and Peggy are just slightly moar foul than the other paysites

MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 2009 July 21, 05:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

I'After all, they're not going to stop hacking into people's accounts unless they get smacked in the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. This probably won't stop them from being a paysite, but it might curtail them from being an EEEEEVIL paysite.

All paysites are evil - We don't rank them at PMBD- Thomass, Rose and Peggy are just slightly moar foul than the other paysites

Ah, I stand corrected. Though I do mean evil in the sense that evil activity may be addressed by stern men in trenchcoats and fedoras who will investigate claims just controversial enough to get EA reconsidering any cooperatives they have going on.... if you get my drift.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: