PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:16:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5278 Members
Latest Member: tiredsleepies
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 801632 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« on: 2009 March 30, 06:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newsflash: Ongoing TSR atrocities!

Apparently, Buggybooz, the person who has been fighting to have some work stolen by an FA removed, has been hacked and all of her stuff on MTS2 deleted.

Her profile now says "paysite OK". Coincidence?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 30, 07:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just low, even for TSR scum.  What can we do to help?  Buggybooz says she has most of the downloads backed up.  Don't know about the pictures.  If Buggybooz needs to redo any pictures for upload threads, maybe a few folks could help do that.  Unless, of course, Delphy has those threads backed up somewhere, in which case, nevermind.

What can people do to avoid having their accounts hacked?  Besides have secure passwords, I mean.  Anything?

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 30, 07:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like they have given buggy a new terms of use.

"Uploading terms:
May be uploaded on pay or free sites.
General terms:
Use for whatever you want."

This is what TSR wishes, while they tell everyone not to steal their stuffs.  Bloody hypocrites.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 30, 08:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What can people do to avoid having their accounts hacked?  Besides have secure passwords, I mean.  Anything?
"Secure" passwords are mostly a myth. While it pays not to have really LAME passwords, beyond that, it is no use. Besides, given that TSR bundles mysterious SPYWARE in with their downloads, it is likely that Buggybooz picked up a keylogger trojan, probably from a TSR download.

So remember, get your TSR downloads HERE, where we have swept and cleaned them, don't run strange executables, and don't download from TSR.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 30, 09:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even download the free items from TSR.  I know I have a weird thought pattern, but I believe that every time someone signs up, downloads or interacts with TSR in a positive way, they are telling them that they are ok with their site, and are condoning everything that TSR does.  My downloads folder doesn't suffer for it.  There are too many good free sites for me to give TSR a second thought.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 30, 09:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am presently receiving reports that the hacker who hacked Buggybooz was none other than Thomas himself, it seems. BEWARE! And NEVAR FORGET!

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 30, 10:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is she listed as banned?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 30, 11:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is she listed as banned?

The account was temp banned by staff with lower-level privs until it could be secured by those with the ability to do so.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 30, 11:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am presently receiving reports that the hacker who hacked Buggybooz was none other than Thomas himself, it seems. BEWARE! And NEVAR FORGET!

If there is proof of this, can't Delphy or HP (Hi HP!) press charges? 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 30, 11:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With regards to keyloggers, etc, from talking to buggy, that wasn't the issue.  Suffice to say that having the same password on both sites was the reason - which indicates that TSRs passwords are either stored unencrypted *or* the admins have a way of viewing user passwords, which is a HUGE breach of security.

HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 30, 11:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is proof of this, can't Delphy or HP (Hi HP!) press charges? 

I think cops and prosecutors are busy enough with real crimes to spend their time and effort on a case where no real harm was done - yeah, it's assholeish, but we got the files and threads back without too much trouble, and now they just look like mega-douchenozzles.  Public ridicule in the community seems the way to go here.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 30, 11:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Public ridicule in the community seems the way to go here.

That might be true, but then the word has to get out, especially to those people who only go to TSR.  And some kind of proof needs to be spread. 

Why am I always surprised by the level to which Thomas et al will sink?

With regards to keyloggers, etc, from talking to buggy, that wasn't the issue.  Suffice to say that having the same password on both sites was the reason - which indicates that TSRs passwords are either stored unencrypted *or* the admins have a way of viewing user passwords, which is a HUGE breach of security.

I know they changed my password (I could recover the new one, because they are dumbasses) and then the email addy that was associated with my TSR account, which probably doesn't tell you much.  I just changed my MTS2 password, just in case.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 30, 11:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  Just....wow.

This is really depraved.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 30, 12:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why am I not surprised that TSR  take members security as something that doesn't apply to them.
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 30, 12:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure ThomASS sit's back on his fat ass in his cushy comp chair, reading our posts and cackling. His utter lack of couth or sense of remorse is just astounding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: