PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:48:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 597321 times)
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1755 on: 2009 August 24, 04:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that geneticized skins are bad (if you decide to pull them out after some time of playing with them), but if this is the result, I might forget about the warnings. I wanna alien burglars, and alien maids, and alien everything in my game!
This is actually possible without geneticized skins, I think. Somewhere out there there is a hack that allows your NPCs to spawn as Creatures. Like Zombie Maid. Not sure what exactly the hack entails - I'm still trying to find it - but I think it should be possible to have alien NPCs/Townies, and they of course will use the default alien skin. My default currently is FantasyRogue's green Canvas one, so that would be pretty awesome. Crap. Now I have to find that mod! Cheesy
Oh, thanks for the tip. I've never heard of such hack before. I must look for it. On default skins - I have so many downloaded and switch them all the time. I wish there's an option for multiple replacements. The ones that you linked to are simply gorgeous.

Well I looked for that mod and the most I could find of it was a mention, and then a link to an LJ post that no longer exists. I may have to take it to another site's WCIF section, since I, too, would like to have that hack.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: 2009 August 24, 05:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're built on the same engine.

I can see major graphical improvements in Sims 3 when it comes to plants, especially the way they move. Otherwise... yeah. Puddings. I think pretty soon I'll be going back to TS2, at least until Pescado beats TS3 with a hammer enough.

El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: 2009 August 24, 15:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, agreed, the landscape graphics are quite an improvement. Terrain paints are loads better, too, looking much more natural. Do I even have to mention the incredible water effects? But, the pool water effect is crappy compated to TS2, and in general I find that the Sims-related graphics are jerky and poorly animated. The way they just wave their arm at something to pick it up, for example, and of course the fade-out effect when they get into a car. Their butts don't even touch the bicycle seats, have you noticed? I can just see the programmers, bleary-eyed at 4 AM with dozens of empty Coke cans and Twinkie wrappers scattered around, envisioning their supervisors coming around in a few hours to demand a progress report. I'd just throw up my hands and say, "Fuck it, that's good enough!" too. EA's misuse of its programming talent is legendary.

On another note, I'd like to echo others' comments about the similarities between pictures of Sims 2 and Sims 3 content and suggest that this thread be split off into a separate Sims 3-only version, to avoid confusion.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: 2009 August 24, 16:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's the same engine and it can't be. Too much differences in everything: lots displaying, managing a huge load of neighbours and all the citizens. Nope can't be. Sims 2 engine would be left dead trying to render even a single lot. I seem to recall an interview where they said it's a new engine. Basically the pre-release ones I guess.

The pudding. Yeah right Roll Eyes Funny how those who smash sims 3 will keep arguying, even if you show them they're wrong. Want to know the real difference between the games? sims 2 is a single lot simulation, sims 3 is a whole hood simulation. Now sims do have real neighbours and can go relax on the beach without loading time; don't you see a difference?! Clearly: Sims 2 is a demo compared to Sims 3. Yes, you read it right. Don't you realize that seeing your other lots kids actually going to school is something amazing you'll never see in sims 2? Sims 3 simulates a whole friggin' town, not a mere lot with a horrible outside view. You really see your neighbours kids growing up, getting married etc. No more 'Oops mommy's dead! We'll have to take the grave to a graveyard, let's load the graveyard! Ow I'll put her here, it's a nice spot. Now loading time again: we have to go home feed the kids before they go to that school that I've never seen and nevar will! Loading time over, I can keep on playing this lot 'til they all die! Weee!"... LOL alienating. Smashing a game because of a feeble lightning that utterly turns almost every pic into crap is really silly. Then you have all the other improvements that a lot here keeps mentionning, but who cares?! There's pudding! Grin Ooooo I prefer my tiny lot 'til my sims death! My god, pudding! Pudding, the magic word! ROFL. Come on, seriously. Sad

Edited for taipoo.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 24, 16:12:59 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: 2009 August 24, 16:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. House, its getting pretty irritating to hear you basically telling those of us who have decided to stick to The Sims 2 how wrong we are. I get it, you love the new game. However, there are many of us who don't want anything to do with it. You may think TS2 is a demo of TS3, but I disagree. Sure the terrains are pretty, but I don't like the gameplay. If all I want is pretty graphics, I'll stare at a damn landscape picture for a couple of hours. We're all open to our opinions, but its getting sickening to watch you plug this game to everyone like a EA fangirl. There are some of us who arent interested in TS3, you're probably not going to change it. You may think the game is amazing, which you're obviously welcome to, but not everyone is going to think like you. In my opinion, the game is well thought out but poorly executed. Obviously, you're welcome to your opinion, but the rest of us are allowed to dislike the game as much as you love it.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: 2009 August 24, 16:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. House gave me rum, I don't forget. So I won't bash her for bashing TS2. Otherwise I may never get rum again.   Cry

But I don't understand the anger. TS3 has some great improvements, and it's turned out to be more fun than I originally thought it would be. And, I appreciate that judging this first release against a game that's had umpteen EPs and Stuff Packs is unfair.

That said, I have to defend those who prefer TS2. Actually, the story progression feature that Dr. House likes so much is the thing I immediately turned off and leave off. So I'm a control freak. I don't want Sims moving in and out without my say-so. I don't want to miss the childhood/adulthood of my created Sims because I was engrossed in another family for a time.

Maybe it's because I'm such a natural hermit in real life and I can stay happily cocooned for days, but I have no problem with my Sims being "confined" to one lot at a time. I rarely take them to community lots, especially after OFB fubared the grocery shopping feature. Getting clothes for them is now the main reason for leaving home turf. In TS3, you don't need to shop for clothes at all, you have access to the entire wardrobe collection via your dresser, which I find even more unrealistic than paying 200 simoleons for a single piece of clothing.

But, to each her own. For me, the best solution is to keep both games installed and play whichever one takes my fancy at the time. At present, because it's still new, I play TS3 a little more, but it's fast becoming old news and the scales are starting to tip back toward TS2 and all those gigs of great content and super hacks. If it's going to take TS3 two or three years, or more, to catch up to TS2 in terms of EP content, interactions and playability, then I'd say TS2 has a lot more life left even for those of us who find much to enjoy in TS3.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: 2009 August 24, 17:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are hacked computers for Sims 2 that allow you to shop for everything from in front of your computer desk. I believe it's Monique's Moneywell computer and that you can get it from MTS. I'm the same way about leaving my sim at home, it's how I live myself. I don't go out much and most of the time, I'm OK with it. I use hacks to achieve things such as keeping my sims happy, fit, rested, educated, etc. I don't give a rat's fart in a hurricane about Sims 3 and you guys know it, but since some of you like it so much, I'm not going to tear you a new asshole and rip you apart for loving it. I would appreciate the same. This is a big forum with lots of room for differing opinions, yanno? I like the look of the doll houses in Sims 3, I will admit that, but I also have to like the look of my dolls and such.

Plus, it just seems that Sims 2 doesn't require so much damn nurse-maiding and didn't from the get go. The style of play in my game pleases me, which is all that matters. If the Sims 3 style suits and pleases you, find and dandy, but don't come off and say that my game can't be as fulfilling to me as yours is to you. Then the gloves could well be off. *passes rum to El Diablo* Cool avi, I've liked it since I first saw it.

And yeah, I am with some of the others that think this thread needs split, kindly separate Sims 2 finds from Sims 3 because other wise, I get confused and disappointed. I want to be able to find the shiny for my game when I'm in the mood to go looking and so far, haven't seen much in this thread for what, a week or so? Sad

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: 2009 August 24, 17:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, there are many of us who don't want anything to do with it.
Then stop whining about it! You hate the game, we got it! There are even some that put stupid comments in the sims 3 section of MTS 'Oooow that's lovely. Too bad it's for sims3. Pudding!' Then why go see the sims 3 section? Why post there?
but its getting sickening to watch you plug this game to everyone like a EA fangirl.
Now that is crazy. Where did I do it?!! LOL it's only the second time that I rant pro sims3. The first time was in another thread 2 months ago! Really, where?!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: 2009 August 24, 17:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same ol' Same ol'.  "You played Sims 2 wrong, and You must convert to the One True Way and then you will be happy to play Shit 3."

Watch my lips:  I hate the way the ugly sims look, I hate the enforced "play it EA's way or no way", I hate the mini-games, I hate the locked into one neighborhood.   I have no intention of starting up with Sims 3. Now or ever.  Get over it.

And I suggested a while back that we split the  "prettiest free sites" threads Sims 2 and Sims 3, and was basically told that I was a moron for not being able to tell the difference.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1764 on: 2009 August 24, 17:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay - as someone who happens to like both games, for different reasons [and Sims 1 for its reasons too] can we please fucking stop with the attacks back and forth?

I'm not adverse to having two threads, myself.  Because if nothing else, maybe we'd stop having this fucking bickering.  I -thought- we were adults here.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: 2009 August 24, 17:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same ol' Same ol'.  "You played Sims 2 wrong, and You must convert to the One True Way and then you will be happy to play Shit 3."
?! Again, where? Are you being paranoiac or what? And why are you suddenly being so fussy? You stated your opinion against sims 3, I stated mine against sims 2. So rant is over. Respect my opinion as I do respect yours. I only posted my rant because there was yet more "Same ol' Same ol'" pudding argument! So what?! Respect should be in both ways: stop bashing sims3 on a daily basis and I'll stop bashing sims 2 in my every-couple-of-month rant!
And I suggested a while back that we split the  "prettiest free sites" threads Sims 2 and Sims 3
That may be totally useless and makes the same fights: pro sims 2 will go post comments in the sims 3 finds saying 'Oooo cute! Too bad it's for sims 3! Pudding!". Then you'll dare to say you respect the others' opinions? And do you think there'll be ONE similar comment in the sims 2 one? Nope, 'cause of apparently mono-sided respect!

But yes it should be done, so we'll be able to see what happens Roll Eyes

sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: 2009 August 24, 18:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Paden and all else who said it, we do need a separate thread for Sims 2 and Sims 3 finds.   I come to this thread to find new prettys for my Sims 2 game.  I'm not about to play the Sims 3 for various reasons.  I'm perfectly happy with the Sims 2 and will continue to play it for awhile.  I'm still discovering new things about the game and I've been playing it for a few years now.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: 2009 August 24, 19:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me, if we split the threads I have no intention of visiting the Sims 3 version. 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: 2009 August 24, 19:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also putting in a vote for splitting the threads.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: 2009 August 24, 19:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, much as I'm sorry about the way this has come to be, I also vote for a separate 'prettiest free' Sims3 thread. I was thinking it might be a good idea before, but what with the petty bickering, it seems that that may be the best course of action, anyway.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: