PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:26:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW  (Read 54762 times)
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW
« Reply #60 on: 2006 December 19, 15:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghanima rocks  Cool
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 December 19, 16:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
Ghanima rocks  Cool

that isn't a new thing Tongue she always has lol
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 December 19, 16:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I say that was news? Tongue
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 December 19, 16:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only found the Sims community because someone robbed my store at Renderosity.  I used to have about five items up -- all eyes and eyebrows and makeup -- and made about $12.00 a month so it wasn't like I was a major player.  A friend had Sims and I saw the eyes I had made in a set on MTS2.  I knew it was mine not only because of the pattern and coloring but because  the highlights in the eyes were my initials.  I complained to the site and the "creator" and absolutely nothing happened. Someone else with Sims content also complained about being robbed.  Then the content was yanked.  It only seemed that Sims content was off limits and not Poser content.

If you're going after mesh thieves you might want to skip Renderosity and go straight to Daz3d.  They actually have an end license agreement and a legal firm and are pretty picky about people ripping them off.

Something that made me laugh the other day was this from ChazDesigns

http://isc.thesimsresource.com/images/404/404493.jpg who not only swipes meshes but also complete color palettes http://www-cache.daz3d.com/store/item_file/1821/image_large.jpg.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2006 December 19, 16:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did he mangage to make the texture look like he'd pasted from a low quality scan of a magazine?  It looks fine in the original :shock:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 December 19, 16:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like Delphy needs to apply his forum news about "Theft of Intellectual Property" to the people that are really doing the thieving!  :evil:
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 December 19, 16:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After browsing through Renderosity, I saw a lot of hairs that reminded me of ChazDesign's hairs.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 December 19, 16:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doursim - I can't tell if he's lifted the complete texture from Poser.  There's a huge resolution difference for things like hair and if you resize for Sims it looks like mush.  I just thought it was funny that he was using the exact same color selection which kinda put a flashing "I stole this" sign on top of everything.

And everyone keep their eyes open for the appearance of Future Hair (

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=49615 which is the hot new hair in Poserland.  It's everywhere and I can only imagine how long it will take to migrate to Sims.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 December 19, 16:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rickets,

Is there a way to legaly purchase a mesh and convert it to sims? If it were free and there were credit? I'm not sure how it all works. What do people usually do with Poser meshes they purchase?

I've often wondered about textures too, just can't believe that many people are that good.

You ought to register and post over at the MTS2 thread. Delphy is a control-freak, but it's probably the best way to get info out to lots of sims players. Everyone is in quite a state over all this.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 December 19, 16:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

god that hair looks fugly (by Chaz)
what is everyones obsession with recreating that skank and her hair/clothing?
we need less whore-ish stuff for the game not more lol

I'm sorry your stuff got ripped off. Is the content still up? or did they remove it when they removed the other stolen content?
I am not sure about the Poser thing...IIRC awhile back there was some girl named Katherine that was converting hair meshes from other places (Poser or something) and people were bitching in her threads...her stuff ended up getting deleted i think...but since she had her own sims site (SimsBeauty), people could still technically get the meshes if they wanted them. Actually Sims2Sisters ended up retexturing one of those meshes and TSR probably has it up right now (unless s2s is linking to the file externally)--Ghanima listed it in those comparison pics as being a sims2sisters hair--they didnt make the mesh though nor did they steal it from poser lol--Katherine did.
So maybe it's based on a case by case basis? How much of a tantrum you throw determines whether it gets pulled or not? lol I don't know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Ghanima/jeanettehair.jpg Who's hair is that supposed to be...im sure as soon as you tell me i'll say duh i knew that but my memory seems to be shot today lol
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 December 19, 16:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exnem's hair, had a horrid gap in the back, but someone fixed it. It's been around for awhile, used to be free, maybe it's pay again.  :roll:

Edited to add: BlueSoup fixed the hair, see her post below.  :oops:

Edited yet again to spell BlueSoup correctly.  :oops:  :oops:
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 December 19, 17:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
After some of the comments I got after posting my joke picture... I am not sure that I even want to live.  Much less have friends. Wink

with your full lips and great bone structure what have you got to complain about?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 December 19, 17:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
That's exnem's hair, had a horrid gap in the back, but someone fixed it. It's been around for awhile, used to be free, maybe it's pay again.  :roll:

I fixed that hair, it's available at both MATY and at The Laden Swallow.  It doesn't include the colours though, only the fixed mesh.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 December 19, 17:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know i kept thinking it was one of his but it wasnt listed on his mts2 page so I figured I was wrong lol....funny how just a few posts before that everyone was talking about how he uses his donations to feed his child.
So I wonder if the sheep think its ok for him to pay for meshes that he then converts to the sims2 (against the creators TOS) and then forces people to pay for just so he doesnt have to get a "real" job to support his family and meanwhile bitches if anyone so much as breathes wrong on his crap or violates his TOS?
BTW before anyone bitches about me saying "real job"....What I mean by "real" is something that doesnt involve him sitting on msn talking to lyric all day while both of them neglect the screaming kids and bitch about how fucking evil we all are for being against them making money off of crap they "borrowed" from other people....that, to me, isn't a job

I guess thats what lyric meant previously when she said some people use the money to support their families--She was defending him but didnt want to name him.

ETA: Unrelated--I just noticed one of the comparison pics shows one of Guppys meshes but its labelled as sims2sisters, i guess they retextured it? Guppy specifically states that the meshes were converted and where he got them from (he even links to the site)--they are available for free on his website and on the evil tsr. I'm not sure whether thats allowed (to redistribute/edit/clone them) but I like the fact that hes honest about it and isn't making money off of them. They are pretty hard to recolor though and since they are all old, I don't think they're animated or anything--I havent used them in ages.

edited again to add link to picture and fix typo
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 December 19, 17:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

Edited to add: BlueSoup fixed the hair, see her post below.  :oops:

Edited yet again to spell BlueSoup correctly.  :oops:  :oops:

Plus is looks crap overall. I wouldn't download if  they paid me.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: