PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:11:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552741 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1425 on: 2009 March 14, 06:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mods are manually reattaching some files, ones donated by downloaders.  Creators can replace their own files without the need for mods to do it manually.  Delphy got the server back online and made a list of all the files that got toasted by hardware failure, so we all know exactly what needs to be reuploaded.  If enough creators replace their own stuff in the next few days, the damage shouldn't be that bad.

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 2009 March 14, 20:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mods are manually reattaching some files, ones donated by downloaders.  Creators can replace their own files without the need for mods to do it manually.  Delphy got the server back online and made a list of all the files that got toasted by hardware failure, so we all know exactly what needs to be reuploaded.  If enough creators replace their own stuff in the next few days, the damage shouldn't be that bad.

All hail the recovering and hopefully stronger MTS2!
Amadeus Rexor
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 2009 March 17, 11:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished reading through this entire thread, in one sitting — it took me five hours.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 2009 March 17, 11:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, congratulations?

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Amadeus Rexor
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 2009 March 17, 11:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.

After such a hefty investment of time and effort, I felt I owed myself some sort of acknowledgment. Admittedly, not a very good 'first post'.

On the topic of sub-par sets getting more attention than quality efforts, I found this oh so lovely collection of carpets, but what what caught my eye was the tag line across the top of the image...

Anyone else think that it perfectly captures the Orwellian mindset of most paysiters?
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2009 March 17, 11:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That purple carpet whole set looks like a flowery knock off of one Gelydh did a long time ago. Except Gelydh's textures were a hell of a lot better.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 2009 March 17, 14:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This set? 

(Above can be found here)

This also makes the original post a proper "Free vs. Pay" post now.   Grin 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 2009 March 17, 19:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like Padre princess has been allowed to unleash his "emo"-ness on TSR. Anybody else loving the oh-so-subtle attemps of T$Rians to copy GOS? Maybe they think they'll get the cool kids like that... Too bad the Goslings do it better and for free. Go team Dumbass T$R! Another Fail...

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1433 on: 2009 March 17, 19:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All TSR seems capable of doing these days is coping poorly stuff already done for free and better.  There are still one or two exceptions, but that seems to be a dwindling number.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 2009 March 18, 01:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

La Princess de Padre can't seem to decide what the fuck he his. pfffttt Emo boy.
I want Superfly back. He be a badass muthafucker.

P.S. Nice try with the carpets. You seem particularly attached to Gelydh's work.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 2009 April 06, 06:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Charging for carpets seems to be the hot new thing among TSR FAs. Izazu has some upcoming "berber carpets" that probably took her about half an hour to make. 5 minutes to find the texture online, 10 minutes to load Homecrafter, 1 minute per carpet color, and the rest of the time trying to figure out how to spell "berber".

Meanwhile, McAlli at MTS2 made lots of lovely carpets: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=300007

And, hey, you lazy, greedy TSR goons, I can tell exactly how long it takes to make carpets because I made about a bajillion of them. (Scroll past other peoples' awesome stuffeths if you want to see them.)

I'm not trying to advertise my own crap -- it just makes me so goddamn mad to see people spend money on stuff they could make for themselves in 15 minutes. And the TSR FAs claim this stuff takes artistic talent (I have none) and so much time (one obsessed weekend) and energy (sitting on your ass in front of the computer) and omg they're not appreciated (pfft). Yeah, it takes time to get floors to look right, but throwing pretentious artiste fits because you can copy and paste a texture is fucking ridiculous.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1436 on: 2009 April 06, 11:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they don't just steal them from McAlli instead.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 2009 April 06, 17:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana, I have your carpets and I lurves them lots! Same with your bedding, and Reyn's. Hope you guys don't mind being given the good word in the WCIF's that I answer...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2009 April 06, 17:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they don't just steal them from McAlli instead.

Yeah, I thought some of her things looked awfully similar to Izazu's "new" carpets, but then, they're carpets, so it's hard to tell. They aren't as unique as, say, planters.

Paden: happy to hear it Smiley.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 2009 April 06, 19:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like your carpets too, Neriana. 

Although, whenever someone talks about how fast it is to make floors/walls, I remember the floor I worked on for over eight hours.  Of course, once I was finished, I realized my mistakes and the next time I made a similar floor, it took me only a couple hours.  But yeah, walls and floors are usually pretty easy to make.  And sometimes the plainest walls look the best.

I just wish Maxis had put more trim on their walls.  They did a lot of painted walls with no kick or crown trim and that irritates me, because I've never been in a place that didn't at least have kick trim. And even in my crappy  ancient apartment we have kick and crown. 

I know, I should just shut up and add it myself.  But then it shows up as custom and sometimes it's irritating wadding through nine million custom wallpapers.

I always thought that if EAxis were smart, they would have done the trim as separate pieces that snapped to fit over walls.  That way, instead of having to come out with so many of the same color wall, but with different trim combinations, they could just say, "Here it is.  Flowered wallpaper.  You want white beadboard wainscotting?  You add it yourself." 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: