PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:12:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552913 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1395 on: 2009 March 11, 16:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That first set looks like "The Sims for Kindergarten Children!"  The bright colors and all.  It's not all that badly done, just the colors are godawful. But, bright, cheerful, godawful colors are often very popular at TSR.  I think though, the set should have been called, "If Toddlers Ruled the World."

The only thing I will say in defense of it though, is that they might have showed all the different colors, to be able to show all color options in one picture.  Remember, TSR only allows one set picture and then one picture for each object itself. 

The second set just looks elegant. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Office Rules
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2009 March 11, 16:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks as if I need to spend more time at MTS2...sigh...my downloads folder is going to explode.Thanks for making this thread,I really had no idea how much great free stuff was out there until now.We need to send all the paysite whores this thread!
I really need to give some fangirl love to Nouk...I have quite a few of your hairs in my game and they are simply beuatiful.Thanks for making them...my sims are so much prettier now:)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1397 on: 2009 March 11, 17:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know that, since I never uploaded at TSR, and extremely rarely have downloaded anything.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2009 March 11, 17:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know that, since I never uploaded at TSR, and extremely rarely have downloaded anything.

Wise of you.  There is a lot of fluffy, frou-frou at TSR.  I remember getting pissed about it once, and making a pinky-pink living room to test this theory.  Of course, it was quickly one of my most highly downloaded sets.  I was so happy when Paleoanth and I did the moderne kitchen set and were able to knock that set out of first place of my downloads.  The Moderne kitchen set was something I could be proud of.  And it didn't look like it was decorated by blowing up boxes of Klenex. 

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1399 on: 2009 March 11, 17:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that annoying?  Making something to make a point and having that point completely missed?

Its in alot of ways worse then putting up something you made in 20 minutes and having it featured, while things you work weeks on gets overlooked.  Granted, I love that bloody CAS screen, but it didn't take me long to put together, once I realized I couldn't use pets or seasons while making it. Cheesy

www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: 2009 March 11, 17:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that annoying?  Making something to make a point and having that point completely missed?

Its in alot of ways worse then putting up something you made in 20 minutes and having it featured, while things you work weeks on gets overlooked.  Granted, I love that bloody CAS screen, but it didn't take me long to put together, once I realized I couldn't use pets or seasons while making it. Cheesy

That's always how it seems to work.  The Pinkypink set was made after having made a wood set that was hardly noticed after spending weeks.  I think the pinkypink living room was done in a couple hours. 

At least it wasn't just taking slider bars and changing hue/saturation until everything went from the color it was to pink.  I actually, like made new textures and stuff! 

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1401 on: 2009 March 11, 18:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll admit, I usually don't do fresh textures - I'm better at meshing then texture [ though I suppose I could hand do a texture then scan it and clean it up...] I do however carefully select bits and do different things to different parts, and use multiply, overlay and sliders combined.

www.thestormradio.com
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 2009 March 11, 19:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks as if I need to spend more time at MTS2...sigh...my downloads folder is going to explode.Thanks for making this thread,I really had no idea how much great free stuff was out there until now.We need to send all the paysite whores this thread!
I really need to give some fangirl love to Nouk...I have quite a few of your hairs in my game and they are simply beuatiful.Thanks for making them...my sims are so much prettier now:)
Amen. Before I discovered Nouk, I had *hundreds* if not thousands of hair files that were weird colors, complicated, and non-animated. AND they were ridiculously high poly. Now I've seen the light, and download simple hairs that move, have great textures, and way less polys.

My computer is on its last legs. Why torture it needlessly? But even if I got a supernew powerful computer I wouldn't go back to my old ways.
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 2009 March 12, 05:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wise of you.  There is a lot of fluffy, frou-frou at TSR.  I remember getting pissed about it once, and making a pinky-pink living room to test this theory.  Of course, it was quickly one of my most highly downloaded sets.  I was so happy when Paleoanth and I did the moderne kitchen set and were able to knock that set out of first place of my downloads.  The Moderne kitchen set was something I could be proud of.  And it didn't look like it was decorated by blowing up boxes of Klenex. 

Hey Darq, all of my stuff was fluffy, frou-frou, pinky-pink, girly-girl, blown up klenex box stuff and you said you liked it. Did you lie to me? Grin
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1404 on: 2009 March 12, 12:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beg to differ, De.  Your stuff is feminine and classy.  That is not the same as frou-frou. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 2009 March 12, 13:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Darq, all of my stuff was fluffy, frou-frou, pinky-pink, girly-girl, blown up klenex box stuff and you said you liked it. Did you lie to me? Grin

No it it wasn't.  You used a lot of bold, contrasting colors.  You used reds and blacks.  The lines on your meshes were clean and sleek.  I never saw a room that you did that was one color.  You know the type of rooms I mean, you were at TSR for how long? Those rooms where even the shadows on the items were one color, like pink.  You decorate more like I would, if I didn't furnish my apartment in Early American Garage Sale. 

I didn't lie to you.  I was always envious as hell of your talent.  I still am.  If I could steal it, I would.  Same with Paleoanth.  I'd sneak out to where both of you lived and late at night, I would steal your talent, while you slept.  Like a ninja!  Cheesy

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1406 on: 2009 March 12, 15:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it it wasn't.  ...<snip>... 

I agree. I've recolored your stuff, and I don't do frou-frou. Your stuff is awesome.  The meshes lend themselves to multiple colors and patterns. (lets just ignore the pink poodles that are one of my top downloads)  Wink

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 2009 March 12, 16:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(lets just ignore the pink poodles that are one of my top downloads)  Wink

Little girls looove to play the Sims.  That explains the popularity of a lot of downloads. 

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 2009 March 12, 17:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else seen this at MTS2?

Okay, so, turns out that when I said I didn't think we'd lost any data, I was incorrect.

The primary drive from chii had a ton of read write errors on it - so much so that currently all downloads past mid-october last year (when the server was first setup - remember, we moved servers back then) are basically toast.

The backup drive has so many read write errors on it that it wont even boot the machine with it plugged in and it just goes to kernel panic mode.

As it stands I have managed to recover most downloads prior to Mid-October last year (some 127gb worth), but anything after attachmentid 826742 is gone. I am not entirely convinced that *all* downloads prior to then are intact and am investigating further to see how many prior to that date are ok.

Suffice to say I am extremely annoyed at the situation and beleive that there may be some other hardware issue on Chii becuase to have 2 drives fail so utterly is extremely rare.

I'm going to see if there is a way of getting the primary drive looked at professionally to see if we can recover any more data, but right now it's not looking hopeful.

I'll bet Thomas is laughing his fat petty bourgeois a$$ off.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 2009 March 12, 17:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that. It certainly sucks. OTH, maybe a good cleansing will help. Just trying to find the silver lining here.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: