PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:41:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552893 times)
Arghyle
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1215 on: 2009 January 10, 12:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soggy, I'm a little confused as to your argument about the US President getting the blame, when it's the Congress really in power - i.e. see above where you list Clinton's Republican Congress as wrong, wrong, wrong.  Under this logic that you hold to be true for Clinton - directly *negated* is your argument against the Bush administration which leaves under a Democratic Congress - a Dem Congress that voted against Freddie & Fannie being reigned in, mind you.  So - *your* logic holds as far as I can see that Republicans are evil, and Democrats are "the goodies."  Any argument holds as long as Dems are in the right??  Also - you DO know the history BEHIND the current economic crisis, right?  Please correct if I'm wrong - only going on previous correspondence...

Oh, and I left these political debates a while back because there was no way my ass WASN'T going to be handed to me - my being on the evil side of things and all, but what the Hell - I hate paysites, love what EVERYONE has done here on this phorum, and still have a right to free speech and all...  Wink  Don't get it in its entirety though - you DO know your fave guy won, right??  Why beat dead horses?  Why??

Also - just really tired of being quiet, quiet, quiet when I have certain feelings about how certain members here are free as hell to shout their opinions, and everyone else be damned - or shot down to the point of not returning.  Not the way I know PMBD.  Love it here, and need free speech to continue damn it.  I EXPECT to be shot down.  Can YOU accept it, in turn?? 

Off my damn soapbox.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: 2009 January 10, 18:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Okay, this is exactly what I mean about treasuring my sanity.

There is no "the history behind the economic crisis". There is no one true History, it is not mathematics. Random facts and trivia are not history. People are still arguing, heatedly, about what caused the Great Depression (and the English Civil War, the fall of Rome, different forms of slavery, everything more complex than basic facts). Anyone who tells you This Is Precisely Why We Are Where We Are regarding history is full of shit.

Pescado is completely right, every generation has thought the world was going down the toilet. Well, some people in that generation, who wrote about it -- not all of them. The ancient Greeks used to gripe about "kids these days" and how much better everyone was in "the old days". Not wanting to look up Anne Frank in one's leisure time, and preferring to look up something entertaining and current, doesn't mean one is an ignoramus. Knowing about Anne Frank does not mean one necessarily understands history better than one who doesn't.

Now I throw a link and run: History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1217 on: 2009 January 10, 20:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What it means is I shouldn't post while barely awake.

What I was trying to say is that while some problems are patently the President's fault [foriegn affairs being notable], others are not, because the President has little real influence, like law making - yes, he or she can veto a bill, but if Congress really wants it to go through, they can override the veto, eventually.

The president is blamed alot of times for things he didn't actually do, because he's the most visible one.

As for laws, our current system is a bit broken - they tack in these stupid riders to bills that have nothing to do with the actual law - sometimes things that are pretty bad, so an otherwise good bill doesn't go through - and then there are the special interests, etc.

I'm not a democrat - I'm an independent - but I'm progressive socially and conservative fiscally, mostly.  The Republican party doesn't share my views in any way, anymore, so I tend to vote democrat - doesn't mean I think they are all that and a bag of chips.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: 2009 January 10, 23:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess you are right Neriana, that just because someone did not look up something specific does not make them a bad or a stupid person. I understand that. But there are people out there that want to learn not because they are smart, but because they are curious about their feelings of compassion that are stirred up when you show them mass graves, shot children and the like. Human beings do love each other in some respect, we have to. And it's not like I'm saying that that feeling is dead, it just seems less nurtured, or maybe I'm being a stick in the mud because I seem to want to reflect, while other people just don't want to hear it. It's too depressing. So I was entertaining the idea, that if noone wants to face it, and indeed bury such feelings, does it make it more likely to happen? over and over again? I guess I am afraid of the alienation and the fear, that I am seeing manifested from everyone these days, young and old alike.

Kiss I don't mind if we continue to talk about free Sim stuff, BF is letting me FINALLY have the computer back on Monday, and I am going to play! Yay!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: 2009 January 10, 23:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you DO know your fave guy won, right?? 

No need to place ownership or anything. He's our guy, right?
Ideally, anyhow.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: 2009 January 11, 03:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is completely right, every generation has thought the world was going down the toilet. Well, some people in that generation, who wrote about it -- not all of them.
Not everyone COULD write about it, and most people don't bother to actually write down what is a commonly held belief: That the new generation *IS* going down the terlet. This belief predates even the invention of terlets. And, of course, given that it has been true of EVERY generation, we can conclude via mathematical induction that humanity is, in fact, going down the terlet.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: 2009 January 11, 04:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is completely right, every generation has thought the world was going down the toilet. Well, some people in that generation, who wrote about it -- not all of them.
Not everyone COULD write about it, and most people don't bother to actually write down what is a commonly held belief: That the new generation *IS* going down the terlet. This belief predates even the invention of terlets. And, of course, given that it has been true of EVERY generation, we can conclude via mathematical induction that humanity is, in fact, going down the terlet.

No we can't. We can conclude that a large number of people thought the next generation was going down the terlet, and that believing the world is getting worse has been common throughout history. Further, everyone who wrote about the next generation certainly did not think were worse than the ones before. And even if they had, just because literally everyone agreed on something (and that I'd like to see!), that would not necessarily make it true.

People very often believed the next generation was getting worse for reasons most of us would not consider legitimate today. Those darn women cutting their hair short! Those darn men growing it long! Ack, the servants are getting better-paid jobs, slaves are rising to prominent positions, more people can vote, we don't hang horse thieves! The idea that just because a certain, even large, number of people think or thought something, that thing must have been/must be true (or, for that matter, untrue) is, well, silly.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: 2009 January 11, 05:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People very often believed the next generation was getting worse for reasons most of us would not consider legitimate today.
That is because YOU are part of the PROBLEM. Viewed from the perspective of someone with higher standards, like if you could resurrect one of the elders of many generations past to see what has happened now, they would be absolutely horrified at how bad things have gotten.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: 2009 January 11, 06:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or they'd go into a culture-shocked induced coma...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1224 on: 2009 January 11, 15:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and my fav guy as you put it, didn't win, even if she's likely to be Secretary of State Cheesy

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1225 on: 2009 January 11, 19:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pwns:

Nice one found here

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 2009 January 11, 22:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sadly snips the preeties*

pwns:

*snips this atrocity with glee*

Nice one found here

Nom! Great find Cala! I especially like the dining area in the first pic.  Smiley

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 2009 January 11, 23:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or they'd go into a culture-shocked induced coma...

They'd most likely catch an illness and die almost immediately.

child_of_air
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: 2009 January 17, 06:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, nice find! *runs off to download* Wink
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: 2009 January 22, 03:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evi: 

vs.

AAS casual sweaters and outerwear :

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: