PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:12:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552835 times)
Lord Darcy
Landlubber

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1110 on: 2008 December 25, 23:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Simslice (and will probably bork your game), NOT really a pirate ship or pirate-y at all:
Looks like SimSlice blocked hotlinking, the image does not show up for me.

http://www.simslice.com/violation.html

A fug indeed.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: 2008 December 25, 23:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link now leads to a "Warning" page that lectures about teh evils of hotlinking.  Much more amusing than the original picture.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: 2008 December 26, 01:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MouseyBlue makes some really pretty Sims and nice hair recolors. Her method is a bit counterproductive--you PM her and she sends you the package files--but they're still interesting Sims.

Maybe I'm just very share-oriented, but I don't get the point of showing off pictures of Sims you created, then hoarding them. WTF, it's pixels on your computer! It's not like you're sharing a boyfriend! Anybody with the same CC and a decent amount of patience could remake him, so why not slough a few minutes off of the process and just upload them?

pringeta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: 2008 December 26, 02:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that Mouseyblue doesn't openly share her Sims because she uses skintone blends blended from certain free artists who don't allow their skins to be shared/used for blending.

ETA: I think I read a thread about this at GOS.
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: 2008 December 26, 02:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that Mouseyblue doesn't openly share her Sims because she uses skintone blends blended from certain free artists who don't allow their skins to be shared/used for blending.

ETA: I think I read a thread about this at GOS.

Really? Huh, never heard about that. I'll have to find that thread.

pringeta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: 2008 December 26, 03:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to find the thread for the past 30 minutes.  My search skills are sorely lacking.

ETA: Ok so I've been searching GOS for awhile now, and I'm pretty sure I was wrong.  Mouseyblue said at one point that she won't share any of her sims that make ugly children, so perhaps those two sims make ugly kids?
I could've sworn that I read about some of the GOS creators not posting new skintone blends because of policy changes. Sorry for the wrong info!
« Last Edit: 2008 December 26, 03:44:39 by pringeta » Logged
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: 2008 December 26, 05:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pringeta, you're in the wrong thread. I'm not sure if there is a right thread for your subject, or I'd point you there.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: 2008 December 26, 07:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Simslice (and will probably bork your game), NOT really a pirate ship or pirate-y at all:
Looks like SimSlice blocked hotlinking, the image does not show up for me.[/quote]
Get RefControl for your FurryFox. Then you'll never have problems with blocked hotlinking again. I look at whatever the hell I damn well please, and to hell with your NOSY SPYING and anti-hotlinking!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
pringeta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: 2008 December 26, 14:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pringeta, you're in the wrong thread. I'm not sure if there is a right thread for your subject, or I'd point you there.

No, I'm not. I was replying to Kragey.  I just didn't quote the conversation.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: 2008 December 26, 17:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I should have said Kragey. Who is definitely in the wrong thread. This is "free content pwns paysite crap", not "this creator doesn't upload what I want."

Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: 2008 December 26, 18:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I should have said Kragey. Who is definitely in the wrong thread. This is "free content pwns paysite crap", not "this creator doesn't upload what I want."

I didn't mean it that way. I meant to show that the aforementioned free content looks nicer than most of the pay content I've seen. It has nothing to do with her "not uploading what I want," because technically, I can just ask her for it. I just thought the method was a bit odd, and I went on a mini-tangent about people who won't share things because they're "posessive" of their Sims. Mouseyblue is not one of those people.

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: 2008 December 26, 18:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean it that way. I meant to show that the aforementioned free content looks nicer than most of the pay content I've seen. It has nothing to do with her "not uploading what I want," because technically, I can just ask her for it. I just thought the method was a bit odd, and I went on a mini-tangent about people who won't share things because they're "posessive" of their Sims. Mouseyblue is not one of those people.

It sounded like that - no way should a creator be forced to upload anything and the wording you used and the way you structured them made it seem you were bitching about not having her sims. And people can do what the hell they want with their sims, including spamming the forums with images. Heck, there are certain sims I would never give out as I spent a lot of time on them AND they are selfsims of friends and family. Like with any creation, people feel attached to them.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: 2008 December 26, 18:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounded like that - no way should a creator be forced to upload anything and the wording you used and the way you structured them made it seem you were bitching about not having her sims. And people can do what the hell they want with their sims, including spamming the forums with images. Heck, there are certain sims I would never give out as I spent a lot of time on them AND they are selfsims of friends and family. Like with any creation, people feel attached to them.

If you feel attached to them, fine, but I personally don't understand it. I didn't mean for it all to come out as nasty sounding as it did. I apologize.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: 2008 December 26, 23:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, and you'll still laugh when I say I don't want my stuff on fat sims??? Whyyyy? So mean!!einz  Cheesy

Inactive
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: 2008 December 27, 03:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, and you'll still laugh when I say I don't want my stuff on fat sims??? Whyyyy? So mean!!einz  Cheesy

right now your stuff is on a lot of fat sims in my game! blame the butler who will not stop cooking!

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: