PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:49:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552929 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #945 on: 2008 November 11, 01:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that explains it. I love Amsterdam, now I want to go back  Grin

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 2008 November 11, 02:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live near Amsterdam. The 3 million McDonalds and H&M's will get you lost, they're on every corner.

Inactive
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2008 November 11, 09:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like San Francisco, except here it's the 3 million Walgreens and Starbucks. Cheesy

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 2008 November 12, 01:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here there are a trillion 7-11s and strip malls  Tongue
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 2008 November 12, 03:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free stuff rules over everything, even EAxis content in my humble opinion. Whenever I see an Enayla skin compared to a base-game default skin, I get a little pissed that the makers of Sims couldn't hire some decent artists to at least make the sims look cartoonlike/realistic, instead of straight-up cartoonlike.
Anyway, I found a horrific ponytail on simsconnection that looks somewhat like a gorgeous Nouk hair I have in my game only horrific. I was going to post pictures, but I didn't know if someone already posted it (It's been weeks since I've seen the earlier pages and I don't remember).
Permission to show glory of Nouk next to failures of simsconnection?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: 2008 November 12, 04:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grant you permission.  Grin

Next time, just do it. Pescado is the only mod here, and he rarely shows up.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2008 November 12, 07:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prepare to be blown away by the awfulness of this first one:

Yeah, it looks big and fluffy, but I deleted it within five seconds of seeing it in-game after downloading it from the booty to test it out. It looks like the ponytail of someone with severe balding issues. Not big or fluffy at all. I suppose it might be useful for a sims story about alopecia I guess.
Now, prepare to be overjoyed by the awesomeness of this free Nouk hair that is much more realistic:

This one is beautiful in-game, I might add. I love it.
And you can find it here: http://modthesims2.com/download.php?t=235994
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2008 November 12, 19:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prepare to be blown away by the awfulness of this first one:

Yeah, it looks big and fluffy, but I deleted it within five seconds of seeing it in-game after downloading it from the booty to test it out. It looks like the ponytail of someone with severe balding issues. Not big or fluffy at all. I suppose it might be useful for a sims story about alopecia I guess.

I've done this in the past. What's most frustrating is the amount of orphans it leaves behind, and the hassle it takes to delete them if they werent' sorted in their own folders to begin with.  I'm sure I still have dozens of unwanted paycrap recolors floating in limbo. I once saw a post of a pay creator griping that if we hate their stuff so much, why do we download it? Heh. Little do they know. I almost felt bad for that person.

Would they be surprised? Things like seeing the sky through a sim skull because of a certain hair mesh. That's a cause for concern. Or at least the trash icon.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised that that Nouk ponytail escaped my notice. (yoink)

« Last Edit: 2008 November 12, 20:07:05 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2008 November 12, 20:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, all I did was download one recolor of it, because I figured that it wouldn't be very high quality.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #954 on: 2008 November 13, 03:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got all het up in the Cyclonesue thread about Windkeeper's awnings and wishing there was a free equivalent. Mustluvcatz gave me a link to some free awnings that are AWESOME! And BETTER! Behold:

Windkeeper's failsauce in game:

Notice how you can't see hardly any of the awning because of the roof? I thought that was just something I was going to have to live with, but NO!

cat3cm's wonderfulness check it:

Same house, same roof, same roof pitch and voila! Awnings you can see more than just the tip of! Yay! (In case you haven't guessed, I'm flailing around like Tabby's kermit avatar.)

Also, the door in the first pic is from Windkeeper's Long Island set and the door in the second pic is Rebecah's from MTS2. The garage door in the first pic is Windkeeper's flat garage door with some payset recolor (Shakeshaft? Cashcraft? I don't know) and I've since changed it for a free one from MTS2 as well, I just didn't have a pic of it. I am Windkeeper free and I love it.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2008 November 13, 04:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem....Samantha forgot to mention one thing....

You can find cat's awnings on TSR. They're free there, but since TSR is a pay-site that is from "Do Not Want Land"...the link I gave her was for Sim Estates 2, which is free, free, free!
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #956 on: 2008 November 13, 05:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poo.  Kiss

As long as that file is free on Sim Estates 2 I am willfully ignoring the fact that it's on TSR (it is free there right?). In other words, lalalalaIcan'thearyou Tongue

At any rate, I'm not putting Windkeeper's stuff back in my game.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 13, 06:12:25 by SamanthaS » Logged

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: 2008 November 13, 13:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims Design Avenue used to be Caravan Sims (I think) so, they've been paysite for a long time. I doubt talking to them now would do any good.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #958 on: 2008 November 13, 14:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: DARN! My worshiping of new found site has gone out the window when I found her 'donation' section. Can someone smarter than me please explain a few things to this creator so I can go back to worshiping...

Nothing will be explained - long term paysite owner.  Perhaps you should remove the free ad you've given her in lieu of the following freesite downloads:

There used to be Missing Studios - but they've removed a lot of their downloads. Abstract Simmer still has foodz downloads at MTS2 though.

French toast by AbstractSimmer

Profiteroles from MaryLou

Holiday cakes by Fireflies

French pastries by bibidoublezero

Doughnuts by AbstractSimmer

Nectarine tarlet by Morague

Pasticcini by sims2cri

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: 2008 November 13, 15:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found something just now that's begging for a comparison so hope this works (just to clarify, hotlinking from paysites good thing, yes?)

Hotlinking from paysites is good and encouraged. But yes, Caravan Sims morphed into Sims Design Avenue since there weren't a whole lot of caravans to be had. Pretty straightforward. Not so worship-worthy either. I've seen what they do and I've seen it done better.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: