PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:52:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 557028 times)
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #930 on: 2008 November 07, 22:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Book or broadway? I'd love to see her either way.

Book. The one on Broadway (I don't know how many actresses there've been, but I mean Idina Menzel) doesn't have much for a nose or chin, in my opinion. But my Sim doesn't have the hair that I'd like, either, so...
I'll get back to you on the pic, though.

Although I did find "Wicked" a bit too filthy, too far removed from the original. It shocked the reader just for the fun of shocking them, which I think is cheap.

I don't know, I'm not sure that he did that for shock. I think that he needed it to be known that this is not the glamorous Oz everyone has come to know and love, and any kind of censorship (even self-censorship) would have taken away from that concept. Personally, I found Mrs. Maddingly and her cats (in Lost) to be a lot more shocking than anything put forth in Wicked.

You should have called her Fabala, I think that's a gorgeous nickname

Yes, I think it's rather pretty, too. But my Sim isn't really that good-looking. Oh, she's pretty in her own way, like Elphaba, but she's really more of a Fae.

I think it would be a tad cruel to make her a popularity sim seeing as everyone's scared of her, she'd never get any friends and be in failure all the time. Or maybe that's appropriate... Pleasure might work though.

I don't think that she's a popularity person. She had friends, but it wasn't such a big deal to her that she would, say, feel a desire to go out and make 20 friends, like a popularity Sim. If I had to pick, I would make her a knowledge Sim, seeing as how she was Doctor Dillamond's assistant and then her research with the Grimmerie. Also, all the work of putting wings on the snow monkeys. However, some of the popularity Sims seem to care more about making friends with animals, so I guess that could work...

As far as the popularity goes, haven't you ever had one that rolled the "make x number of enemies" want? Cheesy

I don't know about making enemies. She never seemed to give a damn whether she made friends or enemies, it was really more about the individual person and whether or not she liked him/her (like Avaric).

So, uh, hey, guys, does this mean we get to start our own Maguire book club?  Cheesy

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #931 on: 2008 November 07, 22:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I did find "Wicked" a bit too filthy, too far removed from the original. It shocked the reader just for the fun of shocking them, which I think is cheap.

I don't know, I'm not sure that he did that for shock. I think that he needed it to be known that this is not the glamorous Oz everyone has come to know and love, and any kind of censorship (even self-censorship) would have taken away from that concept. Personally, I found Mrs. Maddingly and her cats (in Lost) to be a lot more shocking than anything put forth in Wicked.

Well I obviously don't know what he intended when he wrote the filthier passages, but to me they felt overdone. They were in the way, big ugly things I had to squirm past to get back to the story I enjoyed. The story itself, the turns and twists, the style and the way the characters interact (plus a completely unlikeable main character, but that's probably just me) are more than enough to convey that this is not the sacharine disney version of Oz. Really, I could've done without the image of a preacher getting kicked in the ass and shitting himself.

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 2008 November 07, 23:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I obviously don't know what he intended when he wrote the filthier passages, but to me they felt overdone. They were in the way, big ugly things I had to squirm past to get back to the story I enjoyed. The story itself, the turns and twists, the style and the way the characters interact (plus a completely unlikeable main character, but that's probably just me) are more than enough to convey that this is not the sacharine disney version of Oz. Really, I could've done without the image of a preacher getting kicked in the ass and shitting himself.

I dunno..I felt that the image of the double-peened puppet having sex with the mother and daughter puppet in the TimeClock was more disturbing Wink

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 2008 November 08, 00:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno..I felt that the image of the double-peened puppet having sex with the mother and daughter puppet in the TimeClock was more disturbing Wink

Slightly shocking, yes - perhaps I'm just too desensitized! But I thought that these things really added to the book. Had they not been there, would Elphaba seem more evil or less evil? It makes me sympathize more with her, that she was brought up in such a world, and respect her more because she still managed to question what was right and wrong, evil and not, as opposed to merely accepting it as normal and questioning nothing. Also, the more rude bits really go a lot further toward shattering the preconceived notion that she was the blight on Oz, or the wicked one, the one in the wrong.
If you take out the details, and just say that Frex was met with scorn among his followers, would you know better or worse the scope of what he deemed his 'failure' and why he was the kind of father he was to Elphaba? And then, in turn, would that make Elphaba more or less of a rich character? And after that, how would that have effected Liir, and changed Son of a Witch? All the little things, crude as they are, really set the stage for the whole story. Compare it to a tapestry missing a color, or a theatrical scene missing a prop, or whatever metaphor or simile fits the bill, but I think it made the book all the better, and I really think that it would never have been half as successful without the gorey details. Granted, a bit of that success can be attributed to those strange people out there who are attracted to the mere fucked-uppedness of things, but I guess that's only to be expected.

Okay, I took some pictures of my Simmie in game. I'm going to do a few tweaks; I'm searching for better skin, eyes, and hair, but this is what I've got at the moment:

I'm not sure if I want to put a witch's hat on her or not, but she definitely needs better hair.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 08, 08:40:38 by dusdeedawn » Logged

jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 2008 November 08, 11:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the re-rail, but I thought this was necessary.  Cheesy

vs

Available here!
Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: 2008 November 08, 14:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, thanks jilly!  Cheesy Yeah, we sort of went off on a tangent there. It's nice to meet other Maguire fans, since his books weren't translated in my language and nobody here knows about them. I cannot stand evi, I really can't. Every time I hear that name I get an urge to call the cops.
Those collars on the lower two shirts look plastic and the sleeves seem to be slowly squeezing their hand off. Maybe that's why they're all screaming Undecided

Dusdeedawn, that's is exactly how I pictured her! I actually like the hair a lot (where did you get it?) and the skin is green without being that cartoony emerald from the show and the book, or a Maxis alien. It makes her look... tired, I guess. It fits her. The nose and chin are spot on if you ask me. If I promise you a big e-hug and imaginary rum if you put her up for download, would that technically make you a paysite?

Lady_Grace
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 2008 November 08, 14:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eww, teen hooker undies  Angry

Cute ones from Bruno  Cheesy

Oh shit.. what does it say about me when I tell you that I used to wear undies like that as a teen..
I suppose I'm a dirty pirate hooker.  Grin

L_G
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #937 on: 2008 November 08, 15:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady Grace, you're not supposed to quote pictures I think.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 2008 November 08, 17:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish, the hair is a (mumble mumble) recolor by Rissa. Let me see what I can about putting her up.

Safety Pins
Landlubber

Crazy Airship Wenches!

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 2008 November 08, 17:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evi's toddlers give me the willies. Sad

What I thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 2008 November 08, 17:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady Grace, please change your dragons m'dear!

* pickles draws your attention to the shoutbox

PAYSITES: Now more destroy-worthy than America!
Still Making TSR Cry!
DEATH TO CALALILY!
USE OF TINYURL OR SIMILAR TO HIDE THOSE STUPID DRAGON URLS FROM ADBLOCK WILL BE MADE A BANNABLE OFFENSE!

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Erhama
ARR!

Cake

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2008 November 10, 00:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blech, disgusting pay wannabe crap from TSR

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/lots/apartment/803942/

Beautiful, hardly worked on lot from Black0rchid

http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=254641

Grin

I'm a 12 and I eat shit with a cherry on top.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: 2008 November 10, 13:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really weird. I've been two Amsterdam a couple of times and it feels like I actually remember walking in that second picture. I seem to recognise that street.

I had a bad LSD trip too, so maybe that's why the first one looks familiar as well  Undecided

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 2008 November 10, 15:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That second lot is gorgeous and must be in my game a.s.a.p!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Erhama
ARR!

Cake

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2008 November 10, 23:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really weird. I've been two Amsterdam a couple of times and it feels like I actually remember walking in that second picture. I seem to recognise that street.

I had a bad LSD trip too, so maybe that's why the first one looks familiar as well  Undecided
The second one is an actual place in Amsterdam.

As Black0rchid noted in her upload:
http://www.amsterdam.info/

I'm a 12 and I eat shit with a cherry on top.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: