PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:28:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 556754 times)
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #870 on: 2008 October 21, 02:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post edited to add the link. Smiley

Thanks and thanks for linking to a site I'd never been to before. Bookmarked!

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Hannahg
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2008 October 21, 02:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Nouk's mesh and texture are epic win compared to that assault on the retinas! Why do people insist that purple is the same as black? Shocked

You don't know? Purple is the new black, pink is the new red, and green can be any other color Grin. Just throw some bows on the hair to cover the gaps, and you have a brand-new Peggy hair.
dignas
Landlubber

im stingy ..:D

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2008 October 24, 07:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im bit of shock from what i've read in this forum , i can see that there is no contest from helga, bruno,reginaS ,mts2 creations vs TSR's artists , vitasims, peggy and rose , i dont stand againsts the other site but coz i do appriciate creations what these artist creates .. even sometimes we see flaws and imperfections but we can always modify what makes our eyes bleed on what we see on Chaz's Amy Winehouse sim though she looks like drag queen but its what creator's eyeview of his/her creation ,shes beautiful.. no one is perfect we cant personify perfection in any ways but both paysites and freesites are good in my point of view..
 in a sims2 game .. a sim cant say if her make up makes her look like "a Bading" (in english hmm a female version of Ru Paul LOL) but what EA games programs this game to amuse us ,all i can do is dont download what i think is crappy and makes me puke .. if TSR , peggy, rose or vitasims almost made me pay their stuffs i think they pack their creations.. ehem ehemm  "good"lol.. they mastered the art of a conartist in the market place they could sell alot to consumers but not getting the quality of the product consumers want , hmm or is it conspiracy between thesim2 and the upcoming new game of thesims3? well  even if EA games creates sims4 to sims10056 .. there will still be ppl who will abuse and make paysites and will make their packaging smell nice to those who arent aware and innocent on what they pay  isnt what we get but the more they demand for an amount for their site (pocket, bank account what ever ...) there's always what we call "carma .." what they sow they will reap.. lol 
im nutral to every one , i play the same games paysite artists play and i pay the same amount of cash what they also paid to purchase the sims2 game ..  Grin

its that payable when able .. ? Cheesy
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2008 October 24, 08:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude. This ain't a telegram you're writing, but a post for an e-board, so you don't have to be stingy about punctuation marks, really. Your post is painfully unreadable.  Lips sealed

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 2008 October 24, 11:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whut?

Do I need a joint to read this?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #875 on: 2008 October 24, 11:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still reeling from the use of the words 'Chaz's Amy Winehouse sim' and 'beautiful' in the same sentence.

elpemmy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: 2008 October 24, 12:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurm... what I think he's trying to say, is that while there is no contest between free vs pay, its in the creators point of view whether their sim (e.g. Chaz's Amy Winehouse Sim) is beautiful or not. He/she won't download anything that makes him puke, and he considered paying Peggy etc. cause they consider their creations good or something (got cunfused at that bit lol) and then he/she said why should anyone pay when we all paid the same amount for the sims game.

I think. I might be completely wrong in this... it was kind of crazy...
UartigePigebarn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2008 October 24, 12:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurm... what I think he's trying to say, is that while there is no contest between free vs pay, its in the creators point of view whether their sim (e.g. Chaz's Amy Winehouse Sim) is beautiful or not. He/she won't download anything that makes him puke, and he considered paying Peggy etc. cause they consider their creations good or something (got cunfused at that bit lol) and then he/she said why should anyone pay when we all paid the same amount for the sims game.

I think. I might be completely wrong in this... it was kind of crazy...

Other than what you said, elpemmy, I thought that he/she/it meant that the fight against paysites were lost because they'll always be jerks around to take advantage of others. So we should just let them get away with it until 'karma' gets them. Am I the only one who got that? I'm confused.

Deelink might be right, joints are probably needed for us to comprehend the underlying meaning.

Shh! Be quiet, you might piss somebody off!
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2008 October 24, 13:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a. Chaz's Amy Winehouse sim though she looks like drag queen but its what creator's eyeview of his/her creation ,shes beautiful
b. if TSR , peggy, rose or vitasims almost made me pay their stuffs i think they pack their creations.. ehem ehemm  "good"lol..
c. there will still be ppl who will abuse and make paysites and will make their packaging smell nice to those who arent aware and innocent on what they pay  isnt what we get but the more they demand for an amount for their site (pocket, bank account what ever ...)
d. here's always what we call "carma .." what they sow they will reap.. lol 
f.  paysite artists play and i pay the same amount of cash what they also paid to purchase the sims2 game ..  Grin

A. She's not beautiful - she's down right ugly and its all because she abuses drugs. She was a good looking girl when she first arrived on the scene but not anymore. I doubt she'll ever get over her addiction and lead a normal life. And Chaz can't create for shit!

B. Packaged their creations good? Sorry, but this entire thread and others like it show they can't create anything that doesn't require brain or eye bleach or a warning attached to them!

C. So you're okay with it? Sorry - but people swindling money out of others for stuff that doesn't belong to them (i.e. EULA) is far beyond wrong. And why should we pay for it, especially during the current global financial crisis?

D. So we just sit back and wait? Oh please Roll Eyes Nothing will happen if we don't take action, seeing as EA seem to be siding with the paysites (i.e. The Sims Store) more and more.

E. Paysite artists do not play - they create to get money. If they played, where would they find the time to help us spam out Ugly Paysite Creations thread with their MSPaint Floodfill?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 24, 13:20:13 by Anyerfillag » Logged

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #879 on: 2008 October 24, 16:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I got from the post, and I may be wrong and you may be right, was, "I paid every bit as much money as those sucky paysite artists for the game. I don't really want to pay for CC. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if you don't think it's beautiful, don't bother downloading it as nobody's forcing you to; I certainly don't. Chaz may think his Amy Winehouse sim is beautiful, and fine by him, but I don't think it's beautiful and I won't download it. Paysite artists, such as Peggy, Raon, Vita, etc, have discovered a way of conning people out of their money by making their items seem better than they are, and I don't think we should give in the fight, but there will always be paysites until karma reigns supreme, and I think it's probably best to keep the fight going until that happens, but I'm not entirely sure that WE will be the victors by force or by happenstance."
But who knows what they said.

I enjoyed looking through this thread, because there are some seriously beautiful things in here. However, I thought the purpose of the thread was to compare very similar pay and free items? Like Redisenchanted said on the first page: "I've always thought we should have some side by side comparisons of similar free and pay content," the optimum word being "similar". There are some excellent examples of this in the thread, admittedly; the Parisian flats, the swimsuits a few pages back, the Rose/Nouk plait comparison, Pirate Jenny's post on page 11 and Calalily's post on the first page.
However, it is NOT a fair comparison if you find a random ugly hair and then put a random Nouk or Helga hair next to it that is extremely different in style from the picture depicted. People seem to have been doing this as a lazy way out, and whilst the answer is, "yes, those Helga/Nouk hairs are far prettier than the other hair", you can't compare two entirely non-similar styles in a thread which the purpose of is to find similar creations for free.

Feel free to spork me or something. It's just something that's irritated me from about page 15 in this thread. Can't fault a girl for her opinions when it's relevant to the thread purpose, yes? Wink

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: 2008 October 24, 16:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to spork me or something. It's just something that's irritated me from about page 15 in this thread. Can't fault a girl for her opinions when it's relevant to the thread purpose, yes? Wink

No sporking, I agree completely. Just because they're not playing by the rules doesn't mean we shouldn't  Wink

Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2008 October 24, 16:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tchan, that was what i was thinking from the begining, but was hesitant to say. This thread should not necessarily show some ugly things compared to shiny free things, this way it could be turned around by paysite lovers to compare shiny pay things with crappy free ones (no need to neglect that, they really exist, crappy free as well as nice pay sets). The purpose should be to give alternatives - compare Buggybooz' kitchen with one that has a similar style but is pay, find a free alternative for the holy simoly tranquility kitchen etc. Same with hair - find very similar styles in pay and free. If the two items are indeed the same style might be in the eye of the beholder(?) every now and then, but at least we can try to find items as similat to each other as possible, only this way the goal (to tell people that there are free alternatives) can be met.

The problem I had with some of the pics shown here in addition to the things said by Tchan is that sometimes very old things from the beginning of meshing (and for example hairtexturing) have been compared to pretty new stuff, and although the style might be similar nobody might bother getting a sub just because of that one very old set, and why do you think did Rose make her first 15 paysets into "gifts"? Because nobody would spend money for them anymore.
Also comparing some object set to a set by Buntah, a hairstyle to a set by Chaz cannot be effective because we all know for sure that there are better things out there.

And to have something to compare:

Hairstyle by Peggy

vs

Hairstyle by Flora (Yes, XM is still a pseudo-paysite, but I still adore their hair, and they are still saying they want to release their sets for free, and don't forget that Helga had a payset, too, and is now loved by everyone...)

One is pretty new, one was made a year ago, but they are that similar to each other that time doesn't matter.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #882 on: 2008 October 24, 17:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hairstyle by Flora (Yes, XM is still a pseudo-paysite, but I still adore their hair, and they are still saying they want to release their sets for free, and don't forget that Helga had a payset, too, and is now loved by everyone...)

Because Helga is free.  Helga doesn't have any paysets.  That's why she's now loved by everyone.

As an actual freesite comparison to those two paysite hairs, cool sims:

Available on page 3

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2008 October 24, 18:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed Wink Just thought I'd point it out because someone said some pages ago that Helga never was pay which just isn't true...

Now I have a question: is this thread about
- comparing items that are free to items you'd have to pay for
or
- comparing items from free sites with items from paysites, no matter if the item in question is free or pay?

I always thought it's the first. That this thread is about comparing one free thing to a similar (in looks and (seem-to-be-) quality) pay item. I know that some people don't download from sites that have paysets, just because of their principles, and for these I'm glad about every alternative. But for all others IMHO everything that's free, no matter where it is published, should be considered.
So nobody needs to pay for the XMSims hair, but to have exactly the same style at Peggysims you'd need to pay. While the CS style is indeed similar it's not as similar to the pay hair as the XM hair is.

Well, enough said. It's just my own opinion, ignore it, bash it or whatever you want to do. I just thought I'd point it out.

Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: 2008 October 24, 20:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty. I'd never seen that sims-site Cala. Wink

Sarah (^..^)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: