PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:21:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552924 times)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #765 on: 2008 October 02, 22:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame this thread for most of the downloads.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Erhama
ARR!

Cake

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2008 October 02, 22:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, lemme correct what I have, it's like, 4,000 files or something alike, and it's 4.34GB

I'm a 12 and I eat shit with a cherry on top.
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2008 October 02, 22:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 16,551. Sad  You know, I think I'd play more if it didn't take so long to boot up the game, but I can't bear to get rid of anything.  I did a major clean out a few months ago and cut it in half...but since then I've gotten a lot more discriminating about what I download, so now it's all quality stuff that I can't get myself to delete because it's too pretty.

Even worse, I have no organized subfolders.  The only subfolders I have are from things I downloaded that came in a folder and I didn't bother to take out.  Everything else is just thrown in there.  I remember wanting to organize it a couple of months after I'd reinstalled the game (before about a year and a half ago, I didn't have a stable computer, so I never got more than a couple hundred downloads before everything'd be blown away), but I refrained because I thought 700 was too many to go through. Cheesy  Little did I know.

It's not compressorized, either.  I'm afraid to, because I think I have a couple of hacks in there, but I'll never be able to find them in that mess.  And if anything conflicts, I'm pretty much screwed.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 23:48:51 by Souvenirs » Logged
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2008 October 02, 23:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have about two gigs (1.80) of CC, but since I had to reformat my harddrive (and since the discovery of the compressorizor) I have 2,642 files in 696mb.

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.

Tongue
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2008 October 02, 23:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compressorizer? Now I be a confused pumpkin. Not to sound stupid, but what is that, where can I get it and if I use it, it'll do what?

ETA: I know, I know...search is my friend. I AM searching!

Edited AGAIN to add: Yeah, I know! I thought about that 2 seconds after I hit save. I was expecting to have to walk the plank over that. Google really isn't my friend though, I prefer to use MSN or Ask. Ask is really cool because you can see a preview of the page before you click on it. (I hate going to a page I already went to earlier just because I have a faulty memory and couldn't remember if I'd been there....)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 23:25:10 by mustluvcatz » Logged
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2008 October 02, 23:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here. Remember, google is your friend.

It compresses your sims files which makes more room for Moar Files.  Grin It also helps my game start up faster.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2008 October 02, 23:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! I laugh at your general direction. Properly purged and without most of the build items I previously had from dowloading lots my dowloads folder has 18,602 files. Playing the game directly out of the box is, as you see, not an option.

I should look into this Compressorizer, though.

Closeted stamp lover.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2008 October 02, 23:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the Clean installer to help sort some stuffs, the hacks will show red. Put them in their own folder, take them out snd use the compressorizer doohicky.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2008 October 03, 01:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even worse, I have no organized subfolders.  The only subfolders I have are from things I downloaded that came in a folder and I didn't bother to take out.  Everything else is just thrown in there.  I remember wanting to organize it a couple of months after I'd reinstalled the game (before about a year and a half ago, I didn't have a stable computer, so I never got more than a couple hundred downloads before everything'd be blown away), but I refrained because I thought 700 was too many to go through. Cheesy  Little did I know.

I would just love, LOVE to get my hands on your computer! I really like organizing stuff like that. When I did mine I had something like 5,000 files. I took my time, and over the course of a couple days, I had everything organized in a pretty neat little system. I've been thinking of re-vamping it lately, but I'm still considering what kind of organizational system would work better for me than the one I already employ.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2008 October 03, 02:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that sorting things like brows, skins, accessories, clothes hair and makeup will result in them not showing up in the game at all, but clearly some people are doing just that and the content shows up in game.

This thread is the devil. I've downloaded almost every free content its led me to. All except the falling water house, but now I'm considering that, too.

*sigh*
« Last Edit: 2008 October 03, 02:27:04 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: 2008 October 03, 02:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would just love, LOVE to get my hands on your computer! I really like organizing stuff like that. When I did mine I had something like 5,000 files. I took my time, and over the course of a couple days, I had everything organized in a pretty neat little system. I've been thinking of re-vamping it lately, but I'm still considering what kind of organizational system would work better for me than the one I already employ.

Want to organize mine? I shall pay you with cookies and alcohol.  Grin

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2008 October 03, 03:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want to organize mine? I shall pay you with cookies and alcohol.  Grin

Hah, that's a good enough payment for me!  Wink

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: 2008 October 03, 03:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can subfolder stuff NL or later, but if you have too many folders in folders, it can slow your loading time. I found since I only have 1 folder level (downloads>hairnouk for example) and any defaults just in the download folder, my game is surprisingly quick to load.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2008 October 03, 03:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can subfolder stuff NL or later, but if you have too many folders in folders, it can slow your loading time. I found since I only have 1 folder level (downloads>hairnouk for example) and any defaults just in the download folder, my game is surprisingly quick to load.

I can do more than one layer deep on folders?  Shocked

Sadly, I now know how I'll spend at least some of my Friday night!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2008 October 03, 05:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have folders in folders in folders in folders....you get the idea. My load time is excellent.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: