PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:24:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552721 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #750 on: 2008 October 02, 08:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't. Hence why I almost have 12,000 files and 31 folders.  Cheesy They are sorted by the basics, what they are. So everything in buy is in a folder, everything for build mode is in a folder, everything for hairs, etc etc. Not sorted at all.

This is partially why I don't share many houses either. I use so much CC I wouldn't know who's TOS I would be violating, and I would have no idea what actually belongs in there vs. what sneaked into the file.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2008 October 02, 09:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The recent posts here have me afraid to even look through my downloads folder to see how many files they have. Instead I present tartan undies/sleepwear!

This bland tartan from tsr

The straps are ugly. I know, cover them up with even uglier hair!

mts2 tartan from Ninika: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=70638
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2008 October 02, 10:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very cute Tartan set! (the free one of course!) Ninika's stuff is awesome Tongue
I try to not download too much...hehe, here is the bad news: 5GB compressed. 39,000 files. 1016 Folders. Tongue Loading time? Who the hell knows? I am usually on Smash Bros Brawl till I die/finish level and then I come and check on it. Usually it's already loaded Smiley
ALEMONS....your rooms are beautiful!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
CellBlockTango
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2008 October 02, 11:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Threads like this one are definately bad for my dl folder. I'm pretty much a dl addict, when I'm home I spend more time downloading sim stuff than actually playing the game. I'm suffering serious withdrawal symptons now I'm back at uni as we haven't got internet at the flat yet so I can't download any new stuff. arggh!

At least hmy downloads are reasonably organised though, I have them categorised under the different categories under build/buy/bodyshop and then in carefully named subfolders so I should in theory be able to identify individual creators. As for how big the folder is, i'm not sure right now as I'm on a different comp but it takes about 15 mins to load, which is about enough time for a round of mariokart or a few bouts of Supersmash bros (like Deelink). I play on a laptop but it's harddisk is rapidly filling up with cc! uh-oh!
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2008 October 02, 15:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Threads like this one are definately bad for my dl folder. I'm pretty much a dl addict, when I'm home I spend more time downloading sim stuff than actually playing the game.

I'm guilty of that, too.

I finally girded my courage to see my file count. *cough* I have all of you beat *hangs head in shame*
by a lot.
takes me about 10-12 minutes to get to the neighborhood screen.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 19:14:35 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2008 October 02, 18:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.67 gigs of CC which equals 12,829 files in 1,229 folders and takes about 3 minutes to get to the neighborhood screen.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2008 October 02, 19:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.5 gigs of CC and growing. I found that I love Art Deco stuff and cannot resist. *hangs head in shame* I even went to Sims Design Avenue and grabbed what they had... And they has donation sets, so that makes them a paysite, but the stuffz I got were free. I'm waiting to see if any of it cuts or bleeds through. I'm always on the look-out for Art Deco... Blame my mom and her parents, they loved the stuff and influenced me!

Neriana's quilts, Cala's gorgeous bedding, the afore-mentioned style of stuff, build mode objects, clothes, Nouk's hairs, eyes, skin tones, Hec's Falling Water, etc... I've also discovered Adele's victorian stuff. I use hacks by jfade and Squinge and a few hacked objects. Help, I'm sinking fast!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2008 October 02, 20:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting to see if any of it cuts or bleeds through.

I've never noticed any problems with the objects I downloaded from there.

I knew I shouldn't have checked...well over 13,000 files. Yet, I'm still looking for new goodies and there's still a bunch of stuff on my desktop waiting for me to take care of it!  Shocked
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2008 October 02, 20:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um... I have 17,633 files in my downloads folder.  Embarrassed  I don't even know how many subfolders I have, but I'm pretty anal about organization, so... I'm guessing a LOT. I routinely get rid of stuff, but I also routinely download stuff. It doesn't take all that long to load, though, really. Usually I can start the game and go outside for a smoke, come back, read another page of whatever book I'm reading, and it's ready. Okay, maybe that is a while, but it's a lot less than it used to be, before the compressorizer.

Missbonbon: that pic of your bedroom is fabulous. I want! Especially the curtains. *hinthint*  Cheesy

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2008 October 02, 20:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got 34,383 files. Grin They're pretty well organized. I use most of the objects; I guess I should cull some of the clothing, but meh. My game runs fine, and I don't mind waiting 15 minutes for it to load.

I might go through and delete all the pay content when I feel the need to put off something more important, but for now I'm happy with what I've got. I don't have much pay stuff any more anyway, most of it isn't as good as the screenshots.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2008 October 02, 20:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked That is quite a few! Makes my 2000 seem like nothing.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2008 October 02, 20:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just peeked and I have 5, 866 so now I don't feel so bad. That means I can go after MOAR STUFFZ!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Hannahg
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2008 October 02, 20:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have over 31,729 files; 9.14GB Sad. *Sigh* this thread isn't helping much with my addiction. And I still have 4 folders on my desktop filled with more stuff I downloaded.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #763 on: 2008 October 02, 21:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

9,110 files, 116 folders 1.59gb. Thanks heavens for the Compressorizer.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2008 October 02, 22:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are out of control.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: