PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:44:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552886 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #555 on: 2008 September 11, 02:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do it and I'm in the southeast us.

Maybe its an age thing?  I'm 41...I mean, 36

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2008 September 11, 02:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey yall lets hav'a fen tam alright. Cheesy I not that bad!
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2008 September 11, 03:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be a more worldwide expression than I thought (I'm a 30 Grin and I found it and my use of "borrow" listed on the Urban Dictionary; plus, SoggyFox, you are very far and a country away from me Cheesy). Unfortunately, they don't have any etymology there and I'd love to know how it originated (I don't think it's with PotC, being as I am not a huge fan of those films (and yes, I feel your horror, peoples), and it seems like I've been using them that way for a damned long time).
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: 2008 September 11, 03:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use that steal and borrow thing too.

I also use "aye" and occasionally "ahoy" too. XD

You're a hella-pirate. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: 2008 September 11, 03:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be its something we picked up from some book years ago - a fair warning, I live here - I've lived here for over 30 years now - but my parents were from the northeast, I was born in W. Germany, and I've grown up on lots of non-US TV and literature.  So, I couldn't tell you most 'southernisms', even even alot of americanisms.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2008 September 11, 04:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya right Mando, you just go ahead and Blame Canada.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2008 September 11, 04:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved from the midwestern US to California recently and sometimes I lapse into my midwestern accent. It's a really slight version of what you hear in "Fargo". Tongue

Oh, Cala, it's probably not ad companies being stingy. It's the client. It's always the client. Tongue

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: 2008 September 11, 04:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Cala, it's probably not ad companies being stingy. It's the client. It's always the client. Tongue

Whoops - I know it's Colgate being stingy - but some ad companies do a crap job of hiding it too.  Kiss

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2008 September 11, 04:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, it's okay. I know how most people feel about advertising. It's not all as skeezy as it sounds, though.

-Eddie Izzard
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2008 September 11, 04:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya right Mando, you just go ahead and Blame Canada.

Well, I mean, who else am I going to blame?

As for the fake Australian voice ads, it reminds me of a weird trend on this end of the world (although we have poorly dubbed ads as well, generally ones that were filmed in French originally and then lamely dubbed into English, and I'm sure done only as a method to save cash). For some bizarre reason, I've noticed a rash of ads lately starring Australian actors; someone somewhere must have decided that the accent calms the viewer and puts them in the mood to lay out some cash Cheesy.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2008 September 11, 04:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, depending where you're from, different accents do different things. In marketing research, it's often found that British account planners (they talk to people, do focus groups, get consumers to talk about what they actually want in a product, etc) do better in America and vice versa because the unfamiliar accent encourages people to stop and take more care to listen, so will understand the question better and answer it more thoroughly.

-Eddie Izzard
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: 2008 September 11, 09:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, it's okay. I know how most people feel about advertising. It's not all as skeezy as it sounds, though.

Let me guess - you're an ad person.  I don't hate all ad people - just the dubbed over ads.  I've been enjoying the The Gruen Transfer - a show about rating ads and making ads - most notably these funny ones here

Visit Calalilysims

ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2008 September 11, 18:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it that obvious? Wink I understand. I hate people who get away with badly done ads, too, but I understand why they're out there. I'm still a student and student work is allowed to be FAR more creative than some of the stuff out there, with a few exceptions (the Sony Bravia bouncy ball commercial is one of my favorites). When you get into an agency, so many people touch your ad. It gets passed around the entire office from creative directors to production artists, to the client, who always have something to add or subtract. When it gets back to you, it scarcely even resembles your idea. But I enjoy it. I mean, where else can I get paid an obscene amount of money to sit around the office in comfortable clothes and scribble ideas onto paper?

-Eddie Izzard
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: 2008 September 11, 18:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it that obvious? Wink

Cheesy Yep.

I love all the funny Aussie beer ads.

Visit Calalilysims

Metatwaddle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2008 September 11, 18:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a comparison of pigtails:

Part 1
Rose's pigtails have a weird-ass mesh where the hair hangs below the head and then goes back up to meet the elastic, which is resting on the model's shoulder. The pigtails are far too thin for the mountains of hair above them. Also, they don't even look like braids, because that was too haaaaard. Basically, this mesh sucks.

Compare with these beautiful new braids from Helga:

Part 2
I have no idea wtf Peggy is doing here. No real hair does this when put in pigtails.

Compare with these lovely pigtails from Nouk, which look absolutely adorable on toddlers in-game:

"That's such a nasty fucking word. I'm so damn glad it was censored! It would have shat me to have seen such a cocksucking term as 'prick!'" --Deelink
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: