PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:49:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552734 times)
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #210 on: 2008 August 07, 12:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried so hard not to contribute to the OT here but... My biggest problem is that they're not sims anymore. That's the trend that I hate the most right now in the community. People photoshop the hell out of their sims, and at that point, they aren't sims anymore.
I also hate the rather HUGE trend that male sims must look as femenine as possible. I can understand metrosimsual, but it is beyond my comprehension why a lot of girls seem to think that male sims need to like women.

I agree with this 100%. I've seen pictures on some sites where female sims heads have been stuck on male bodies.

For the love of (insert favourite deity here if you believe in one), we blokes are not women with dicks instead of breasts. We're not some weird, twisted extension of a female's personality. I get the impression that some of these creators who do this sort of thing have never actually met a bloke.

There is a current trend of having deliberately feminine clothing for males (especially when there's already a shortage of proper men's clothing to begin with), and I don't include anime, emo or goth stuff here - male anime characters, emos and goths still look like males even with all the makeup and clothes, I mean the stuff I've started to see that are quite clearly female clothes being put on so-called "effeminate" men.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
nihil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 August 07, 13:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to add my two cents on Photoshopping:

I'm very adept at Photoshop - I've actually sold some images I created pixel by pixel.

HOWEVER - it pisses me off when I see contest entries that are obviously photoshopped and no one calls the submitter on it.  I recently entered a house contest.  I did very well in the voting, but the winner had photoshopped their pics so heavily that all you noticed were the effects, and not the content.  I never use photoshop in contest pics because it feels too much like cheating. 

I suppose, however, that some people feel the need to mask their design inadequacies with a gaudy border and multiple lightbeams.

Ah well - rant off.   Smiley

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2008 August 07, 15:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate photoshopping too - if I detect it in a contest, I vote for the least photoshopped entry, and did so recently. If I detect photoshopped content, I just don't download it. I wonder that people have the time and energy - after I'm finished in game I just want to crop those suckers and get them done - I don't want to spend commensurate time on photoshopping the second time (first time being the time I photoshopped the clothing to make it).

As to feminine male sims. I believe....tough.  Cheesy I create the sims I like, and I let you download them if you like them too.  It's not as if you can't use Bodyshop yourself and make your own faces.  As to hair and clothing, there is oodles of male hair and clothing - sure - not as much as females, but still loads. It's not as if there's a total of 3 tops and 3 jeans they can wear - there's far more than that.

As for meeting and not meeting blokes, well, attraction is individual. I make sims I find attractive - and I don't like giant butch hairy men. I'm not married to a giant butch hairy man. I'm married to a guy with medium length hair that used to be long, who wears jeans and a lot of the "emo" t-shirts I see around, and who has waaaaaay better legs than me.  I could easily dress him with EAxis clothing or custom clothing. So it's not that I like sims that are all girls, I just happen to find my husband attractive (hence the marrying) and because that type and face appeals to me, that's what I find I want to make.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2008 August 07, 15:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get back to the topic at hand.  I love Phoenix Phaerie's Tuscan Kitchen at MTS2:

I was curious to see if TSR had anything even remotely close.  The best I could find was this kitchen by Shakeshaft:

There's S&K's New England kitchen:

But with a quick look, I found Darqstar and Paleoanth's kitchen at MTS2:

And I love to do castle's.   And I almost always use Lethe_s's castle kitchen:

Which is much better than this one by Simaddict99:

I like to do fantasy stuff too.  Compare Lethe_s's Wizard Study (with new meshes) from MTS2:

With Arenaria's Wizard's Lair which is nothing but recolors of Maxis meshes:

Finally, there's Cyclonesue's Victorian Bath:

Compared to Phoenix Phaerie's Manor House Bath:

Now I'll admit, all of those paysite sets aren't bad.  But when you can get the same/better for free, why would you bother?

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 August 07, 16:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm not mistaken, Snakeshaft has Numenor's free pot bellied stove featured in that kitchen set. Unless of course in her crappy pay way, she made another less awesome version.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 August 07, 16:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to feminine male sims. I believe....tough.  Cheesy I create the sims I like, and I let you download them if you like them too.  It's not as if you can't use Bodyshop yourself and make your own faces.  As to hair and clothing, there is oodles of male hair and clothing - sure - not as much as females, but still loads. It's not as if there's a total of 3 tops and 3 jeans they can wear - there's far more than that.
Actually I think your sims are quite nice. They're subtle and realistic. The ones I don't like are the ones that are so femenine, you can't actually distinguish them from female sims, and have loads of makeup and tacky fake hair so shiny you need to wear sunglasses to look at it.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 07, 16:59:30 by Pirate Alex » Logged
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: 2008 August 07, 17:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, plz, leave download links.  I love that Phoenix Phaerie Manor Bath House.  Grin

If I'm not mistaken, Snakeshaft has Numenor's free pot bellied stove featured in that kitchen set. Unless of course in her crappy pay way, she made another less awesome version.

Looks like it to me too. I notice a lot of good free content propping up pay.

Actually I think your sims are quite nice. They're subtle and realistic. The ones I don't like are the ones that are so femenine, you can't actually distinguish them from female sims, and have loads of makeup and tacky fake hair so shiny you need to wear sunglasses to look at it.

Come now, they're hardly manly. Severe lack of chestal hair, frou frou hairstyles, fairly soft faces with some hard angles (like our children Cheesy ). If you saw them on the street even without their custom skintones you'd wonder if they were chicks or androgynous or something.  Coolington also wears makeup, has better nails than me, and better hair than me. If I didn't suck complete arse at doing makeup, they'd be wearing it. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 August 07, 18:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come now, they're hardly manly. Severe lack of chestal hair, frou frou hairstyles, fairly soft faces with some hard angles (like our children Cheesy ). If you saw them on the street even without their custom skintones you'd wonder if they were chicks or androgynous or something.  Coolington also wears makeup, has better nails than me, and better hair than me. If I didn't suck complete arse at doing makeup, they'd be wearing it. Tongue
Yeah, I would probably not like them if they had makeup. But there are people that do look like that (femenine features and manscaping and all). But it looks more emo-ey than woman-ey. It's stuff with loads of makeup, like this, this and especially this that I really don't like. It looks so odd and weird and quite frankly the last one looks like a drag queen.

Anyway, a little more on topic. The bath set is amazing.
ValkyrieProfile
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 August 07, 18:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, plz, leave download links.  I love that Phoenix Phaerie Manor Bath House.  Grin

There you go.
Miami
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 August 07, 18:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also don't get this men dressing like women thing. Is that emo? Anyways, what exactly is emo?  First there was this gothic-hype and now emo? Huh can somebody tell me what it is because to me emo is the same like gothic, but just not so much ... ya know, gothic.   Undecided   Cheesy

Like you put on your entire gothic outfit PLUS some extra nice hello kitty necklace because that's so cute ...  Tongue EWW. I totally missed out on that trend.

Oh my god, I'm getting old ... at the age of 23  Sad  Roll Eyes
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 August 07, 19:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miami, I know how you feel. Out here kids are really scenester. That's a trend that baffles me. It's the kind where these boys squeeze into these tiny little pants that look like they're painted on after not showering for a week, throw on an ironic t-shirt, and turn on their I-pod with their ironic music. Kids these days...(I'm only turning 20 in a few weeks. I feel so old.)

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2008 August 07, 19:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't a clue what emo is supposed to be either. They cry a lot, I think.

Urban Dictionary is my best friend ->http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

(You know how not-with-it I am because I'm always having to look things up on there. I had to even look up what 'beaver' meant because I didn't understand why Beaver-Hunter was considered smutty.)

I also hate the rather HUGE trend that male sims must look as femenine as possible
[sarcasm]RAON FTW!!! [/sarcasm]

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: 2008 August 07, 20:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I would probably not like them if they had makeup. But there are people that do look like that (femenine features and manscaping and all). But it looks more emo-ey than woman-ey. It's stuff with loads of makeup, like this x3 that I really don't like. It looks so odd and weird and quite frankly the last one looks like a drag queen.

Those three examples are more manly than my sims. Tongue

There you go.

Aww, you rock.  Grin

I also don't get this men dressing like women thing. Is that emo?

Nah - it's been around for ages.  I'm sure if you don't know what emo is you'd remember the 80s mode of dress? Or at the very least, the 1700's mode of dress, where men wore frockcoats, makeup, high heels and wigs?  Cheesy It's really no different now.

Anyways, what exactly is emo? 

This is emo

Visit Calalilysims

Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 August 07, 20:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emo is Goth's wimpy, overly-emotional little brother wanting to play with the big kids but instead gets beaten up.

Scene is Emo but with more colors.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2008 August 07, 20:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emo is Goth's wimpy, overly-emotional little brother wanting to play with the big kids but instead gets beaten up.

Scene is Emo but with more colors.

Cheesy
Great explanation. Lulzy as hell.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: