PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:22:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 556583 times)
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #105 on: 2008 August 02, 22:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://altlab.com/hotlinking.html

Check that site out - it explains it. Basically, hotlinking means you directly link to am image on a site; this means that when ever anyone opens or reads a post/thread with a hotlinked image it means that more and more of the site's bandwith will be eaten away at, meaning that they will have to shut down due to going over their set bandwith untill they can a) get it sorted and find the culprit or b) wait till the next month and reopen or c) pay for more bandwith...and seeing as free sites don't charge this means they can't do c and have to shut for a while.

Or you could see it (in my eyes) as someone telling everyone that there is a stall filled with juicy apples, and without the stall owners knowledge people take them - they loose profit (or in this case site space) and have to shut down as they can't afford to stay open.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 August 02, 22:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Bella, I understand about not knowing what to do about hotlinking.  When I joined here, I didn't know what it meant either...come to think of it, I still don't get it.  But I remember not long ago there was quite a long discussion (as I recall) that hotlinking was not allowed at all.  My solution is that I don't post pictures at all.  And I'm lucky because if I ever did decide to, the only way I would be able to would be through photobucket.

However, you lost my sympathy when you started being insulting.  Even if you felt attacked, and didn't understand why, going on the offensive does not solve the problem.  It's usually best to just figure out as quickly as possible the actual problem and fix it.  There is no reason to respond like you did. Think of it this way, if you didn't like being attacked, don't pass it on.  And don't stoop to calling names.  It's not fair and it's frankly childish.

Am I being to nice for this forum?  i'z don't wanz be kickded off Cry

calalily was attacking me, what was I to do?  It tried to play nice (as much as PMBD allowed), but calalily wouldn't let it.  I didn't know what the fuck I was doing or what the fuck "hotlinking" is.  I didn't know what the fuck "Imageshack" was.  It's called being a n00b.  I've been hooked up to the internet for less than 5 yrs and in forums for less than 1.  I understand PMBD is the home of complete and total assholes, and I appreciate that.  But, beating the piss out of n00bs is the lowest of the low.  Even normal assholes pick stronger targets to pummel to the ground.  T$R mods are the type of assholes that beat, maim, and kill n00bs before they even have a chance to breathe.  Beating on n00bs is like clubbing kittehs: it's incredibly inhumane.  If a kitteh fucks up, you appropriately scold it and move on.  You don't aim a machine gun at it and blow it into 5 million pieces.  Only a sick, twisted waste of life wouldn't grant the same mercy to a n00b.

Rant over. Angry 

Wink
Topaz
ARR!

gorgeous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 August 02, 22:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't worry. just don't do it again, read the forum rules and anything you don't understand google it Wink

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 August 02, 22:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't like it *points* the door is over there. If you knew we were prone to ripping apart n00bs who lacked any sort of sense (i.e. not reading FAQs, demanding requests are done, uploads, trolling etc) then why join?

She attacked you (if you can call it that) because you kept on posting without removing the hotlinked image - of course she was going to get pissed. And beating on n00bs is like beating on kittens? What fucked up world do you live in?! Its online, its just text - beating kittens for real is inhumane, not slagging someone off online Roll Eyes

Meh, I forgot about the n00b/newb difference - in my defense, I can't tollerate text/chat speak and always write as correctly as I can
« Last Edit: 2008 August 02, 22:53:52 by Anyerfillag » Logged

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 August 02, 22:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

calalily was attacking me, what was I to do?  It tried to play nice (as much as PMBD allowed), but calalily wouldn't let it.  I didn't know what the fuck I was doing or what the fuck "hotlinking" is.  I didn't know what the fuck "Imageshack" was.  It's called being a n00b.  I've been hooked up to the internet for less than 5 yrs and in forums for less than 1.  I understand PMBD is the home of complete and total assholes, and I appreciate that.  But, beating the piss out of n00bs is the lowest of the low.  Even normal assholes pick stronger targets to pummel to the ground.  T$R mods are the type of assholes that beat, maim, and kill n00bs before they even have a chance to breathe.  Beating on n00bs is like clubbing kittehs: it's incredibly inhumane.  If a kitteh fucks up, you appropriately scold it and move on.  You don't aim a machine gun at it and blow it into 5 million pieces.  Only a sick, twisted waste of life wouldn't grant the same mercy to a n00b.

Rant over. Angry 

Wink

N00bs and Newbs are completely different.  I know in the context of your post you meant "newb" but you are acting like a "n00b".  You weren't be attacked.  You were being corrected.  Grow a thicker skin.  We're not the assholes here.

BTW, if you did not know what hotlinking was, you should have done what others do and googled it to find out.  You are on the internet with all of its wonderful resources and answers.  Use it.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 August 02, 22:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't worry. just don't do it again, read the forum rules and anything you don't understand google it Wink

Thank you, Topaz.  I will remember that. Cheesy  (*purposely ignoring further comments on matter*)  Can we get back on topic?
Topaz
ARR!

gorgeous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2008 August 02, 23:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes we will...

Simmetrical crappy photoskin textures.

Nouk, maxis textures but still free!

Viking Marta
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2008 August 02, 23:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh, so much prettier.   The first almost looks like real hair photoshopped on as texture...wait is it?...whatever it is creepy.  Not even shampoo-commercial hair, just frizzy-real hair burned by the straightener.

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 August 03, 00:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they've got neutral coloured hair, and put a layer of colour over it in PS and lowered the opacity.

Lameo.

Updated April 30th!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 August 03, 01:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Topaz.  I will remember that. Cheesy  (*purposely ignoring further comments on matter*)  Can we get back on topic?

I will be curious to see if you can ignore Calalily's response to your post.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 August 03, 01:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I forgot cala hasn't replied to that yet.

[insert MOAR FIGHT macro]

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 August 03, 02:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put it like this: if you think she was attacking you, you ain't seen nothing yet. Been on the net for less than five years? Uh huh. Yeah.  Right. Whatever. We haz FAQ. Yu pleez reed FAQ. Yu lern mani stuffz bout site. Den yu no get buttz choo'ed no moar. You don't wanna read the thing and keep on whining? Then get prepared for getting an ass-ripping from the people that have tried to help you in the past. We can forgive one mistake, we can forgive two mistakes, but if you keep on making them we're gonna pick up the text book and cram the lesson into your skull one way or another. Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm in a pissy mood because my one fucking day off from taking care of the family in a fucking year has been canceled due to lack of sleeping accommodations. So, I get no rumz, no beerz and no quiet time to myself at all.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 August 03, 02:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a bad excuse, though, huh? I mean, come on, being hooked up to the net for less than 5 years? I've been hooked up for less than 2. Moreover, my family didn't even have a phone until I was 16. But I still know enough not to call people assholes - particularly when they've been on a site longer than I have!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 August 03, 02:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think it's a big deal that she called Cala an asshole because Cala has been here longer. Cala's personality is what I think makes it interesting.

*waits for Cala's response because she's always an interesting read

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 August 03, 02:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is so a big deal cause I have copyright when it comes to calling cala an asshole! Read the cult handbook! You get to call her a motherfucker, Hec gets to call her a bitch, Pooki gets to call her Queen Shit, and I get to call her asshole... Or didn't you get the new Cult of Calalily handbook that came out last month?? Damn, I knew there was someone on the mailing list that got skipped!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: