PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:12:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 557954 times)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1485 on: 2009 April 15, 01:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair first came in TSS, and only for Teens, AL converted it to adult and elders. But it sure looks like the same hair to me.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: 2009 April 15, 07:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the EAxis copying when the ponytail on recherche-sims.net was put in AL.

Just to be fair, that hair was also done on MTS2 and T$R. I figure at this point, conversions are pretty much par for the course. EA should know better, though. They should be making newer, funner stuff - not redoing what they should have done in the first place (i.e. making the mesh for all ages) and then putting the new stuff up at the effing Sims Store. GrrR.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Osa_p
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 2009 April 16, 00:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just grabbed up these kick-ass rowhouses from QBUILDERZ and had to see what the paycrap version would look like. It's not pretty.

Q's: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=323140

This isn't even base game compatible. :S
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 2009 April 16, 00:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TSR one looks like what I would have built when I just got The Sims 2 and was getting used to it.

But I don't think we can critizie because it isn't base game compatible, because not everyone can or wants to do base game compatible.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: 2009 April 16, 00:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you are right scrappysim. There are several Maxis completion sets (windows, doors, objects, ect.) on TSR that showed up not long after they are made on MTS. It probably kills TSR they have to link to MTS for the CEP.
What did you expect? TSR encourages conformity and discourages independent thought. This is not a climate that fosters any kind of creative innovation. Shiny stuff isn't made by those who meekly accept the rules and limitations set before them, they are made by those who challenge the rules, ignore them, and push the limits.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Osa_p
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 2009 April 16, 00:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TSR one looks like what I would have built when I just got The Sims 2 and was getting used to it.

But I don't think we can critizie because it isn't base game compatible, because not everyone can or wants to do base game compatible.

I'm really trying to criticize the fact that you'd have to pay for something that's really sub-par and also requires you to buy every EP available. Sure there are certain things that can only be found in Seasons or Nightlife or *insert other EP*, but I seriously doubt the necessity of all EPs in this case. D:
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: 2009 April 16, 00:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really trying to criticize the fact that you'd have to pay for something that's really sub-par and also requires you to buy every EP available. Sure there are certain things that can only be found in Seasons or Nightlife or *insert other EP*, but I seriously doubt the necessity of all EPs in this case. D:
It's the sheep mentality at work. All the people who still MAKE anything obviously, have all the expansions, because they meekly snap them up like good little sheep. Having thus placed all of them in the game, they can hardly REMOVE them without a length and bothersome process that renders their game incompatible with what they already have. And all the alternative involve going back to the Den of Evil That Is MTS2, and TSR hardly wants to encourage that!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: 2009 April 16, 01:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the use of AnyGameStarter discouraged at T$R?  Or do they just not know what it is?  Many of the good lot builders I'm familiar with use AGS to build and/or test their lots, and can tell you exactly which expansions you do or don't need.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 2009 April 16, 02:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More than likely most people on TSR have never heard of the Any Game starter because it is on MTS.

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 2009 April 16, 03:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Osa_p Do you recall if Anoeska mentioned Mootilda's Lot Adjuster at all?  I could go look for her lot on TSR to check, but then I'd have to go to T$R, bleh.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: 2009 April 16, 04:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think there's another way to make rowhouses other than to shrink the lots. The only program I know is Mootilda's. I would hope she at least gives credit.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
ninjadaggett
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 2009 April 16, 05:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ages ago I got a copy of the Anoeska rowhouses to see what the deal was.  There isn't any lot shrinkage involved, it's nothing but a useless set of fake wall & floor pieces textured to match a few basegame wallpapers and floors. You're meant to just plonk them down as deco objects to fill the gaps on the edge tiles while all the usual building restraints still apply.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 2009 April 16, 13:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well not everybody wants mangled lots in their game. I do it all the time, I love that program.  I also have a bunch of deco walls that I made for some lofts that needed interieur wall space. It's really not hard to do. So whatevar.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: 2009 April 16, 14:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shrinking lots? never heard of that myself....shows what kind of a noob I am :{   BUT I have build row homes that look nicer then that one.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 2009 April 16, 14:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I adore QBUILDERZ's rowhouses, especially as they're base game compatible, not everyone has the computer for all the EPs/SPs.
The TSR ones look like crap.

I personally don't get why they would stay with a lying immoral site that produces cheap knockoffs that you have to pay for, when you could get loads of shinies and so much more for free. Anygamestarter is surprisingly easy to use, and all you need to do to get it is take a minute to sign up.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: