PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:46:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sims 1 Booty
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 1 Booty  (Read 23304 times)
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
Re: Sims 1 Booty
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 31, 20:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 1 was uglier than Sims 2, but was still great fun to play and much more customizable.

I wouldn't exactly call Sims 1 "uglier" than Sims 2. Wink  I personally think well-made Sims 1 objects look far sharper, brighter, and more detailed than Sims 2 objects of similar quality.  Hell, even most of the Maxis TS1 objects seem "better" than the Maxis TS2 stuff.   I also think the Sims even look better.  Sure, their eyes and mouths don't move, but when you compare Maxis TS1 Sims to Maxis TS2 Sims, the TS1 Sims still seem to look more like real people.  This is even more painfully evident when comparing Maxis TS1 clothes to Maxis TS2 clothes.  Many of the Maxis TS1 outfits are gorgeous (particularly those from Unleashed and Makin' Magic), having highly detailed textures and the right amount of wrinkles and creases in the right places.  Most of the Maxis TS2 outfits seemed to be too smooth-looking and "painted on," devoid of the detail and texture that real clothes have.  And, must I also mention that the TS1 Sims came in more than one body type?  Or, how although, there were only 3 skintones, those 3 skintones seemed more "real" than "Barbie"?  Sure, TS2 has many advantages over TS1 (basements, 3 and 4 story buildings, diagonal windows, doors, and objects, kids grow up, etc.), but in very many departments (like customization, as you mentioned), the original game still reigns supreme.

Rant ended. Smiley

I do play for a bit with new expansions to see what they have new.  However, I expect Apartments, like Freetime, will hold my interest for a bit.  Hobbies and witches are what had me reinstall sims1

I'm sure you're aware that they put witches in Apartment Life, right?  Neverthless, the inclusion of witches in Apartment Life seems to have been executed a little too "casually," if you know what I mean.  I mean, what do witches have to do with apartments?  It seems like EA forgot that TS3 was on the horizon (and there weren't going to be any more TS2 EPs) , so they hurriedly stuffed magic into the last TS2 expansion so they could say that they remade Makin' Magic in TS2.  I don't know, but something just seems wrong with it... Undecided 
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 31, 21:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that annoys me no end is that in Sims 1 children could interact with babies, they could sing them to sleep, it was so sweet and they can't in Sims 2. The voices were more pleasant somehow too. It also shocked me that there are only 2 body shapes, while Sims 1 had 3. Now of course, Custom creators have given us all kinds of body type options, but they didn't come from EA. I can't really go back to Sims 1 though, I enjoy the life cycle too much.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 31, 21:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I'm not sure if it was to hurriedly stuff a 'Makin' Magic into Sims 2, or if it is just they had folks made about not having a real 'supernatural' in Free Time and couldn't think of anything more apartment-y, so put witches in.

Since Free Time really has alot more crafting even than OFB, the Witches are really what I'm looking forward to [ I didn't really -play- 1 until MM came out], but I'm also really looking forward to the cielings and the rumours of being put stuff on walls at different levels too.

Of course, it is also a lot harder to share my houses than anything I might make to go in them, which makes me sad, since I have all the expansions.

As far as Sims1, my only problem playing it is the size of everything - my eyesight is a bit poor, and its harder to see the stuff in that version.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
jmrcrp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 31, 21:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the main reasons I am interested in Sims 2 and may try it out is for the life cycle thing.  When you play a family for a long time in Sims 1, it can almost get boring when you realize that the kids will forever be 10 years old - so they will never leave the house unless they get shipped off to military school, then you never see them again.  Babies become kids, but it's an instant "bang" kind of thing, no stages of kidhood, which I understand is what happens in Sims 2.  There is a "grow-up" program for Sims 1, but it is notoriously buggy, and has some weird effects.

I would also enjoy getting to see my Simmies close-up.

The nicest thing about Sims 1 is that it plays very well on my low-end basic Dell inspiron 530, with nothing but an on-board graphics card.  Even with tons of CC, it loads at an acceptable speed.

I may get the base Sims 2 game just to try it out, but it sounds like I would need a much better machine than this to really get the full enjoyment of it.

We have some "Sims 1 vs. Sims 2" threads at CTO, and every time I mention that I want to try out Sims 2, the members threaten to tar-and-feather me - they call it "going over to the dark side"...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 31, 21:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't go as far as saying that.  There are some things that Sims1 has over Sims2, and some things sims2 has over sims1.

Lifecycles are okay, but honestly, I about go mad trying to rais children, even with the no-motive-loss cheat.  Building is much more interesting, with foundations and stages, and the like.  But with sims 1, I never really modded much, because I couldn't grasp it as well as I do the sims2.

I think sims 1 is -much- easier to play though, so long as I have fruitcake. >.>

www.thestormradio.com
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 31, 22:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have some "Sims 1 vs. Sims 2" threads at CTO, and every time I mention that I want to try out Sims 2, the members threaten to tar-and-feather me - they call it "going over to the dark side"...

The problem is that you can't judge something you don't know, and so you can't compare the 2 opus if you've never tried sims 2. So the topic of threads like these is borked if most of the users only know sims 1.

lol i have the same problem as SoggyFox, when i tried replaying sims 1, my eyes hurted so much Embarrassed I had the reflex of using the scroll of my mouse and page up and down, trying to scroll closer. I went "what the heck?!" for a few seconds, until i remembered there was no zoom feature Cheesy

I never had any problem with the small program to grow kids in adult, grew them all Smiley
I do miss a lot of things that disappeared from sims 2: changing the bulb for the lamps, potted plants needing watering or else they wilted, the real robot that sometimes goofed in a party, the squeletal maid, the cats 'making out' normally (not needing a closed doghouse), the bakery oven, making different recipes with the garden vegetables, rabbits, and specially mices!!... Waaaa! Cry

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
jmrcrp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 31, 22:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many of our members play both games, but some of us have not played Sims 2.  I agree, it's hard to have an intelligent conversation comparing two things when you have no knowledge about one of them.

The first thing that I always put in a new install is the fruitcake.  Of course you have to do a little on-the-spot home remodeling every day to put it somewhere the damn maid won't be able to grab it and put it in the trash.  But if she can't get to it, she hangs around and won't leave, so she ends up costing as much as a new fruitcake every day.

I love those meeces to peeces!  Also the hideous songs in Superstar.  If I've been playing studio town a lot, they get stuck in my head - especially the country song.  Gaahh!
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 01, 01:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the main reasons I am interested in Sims 2 and may try it out is for the life cycle thing.  When you play a family for a long time in Sims 1, it can almost get boring when you realize that the kids will forever be 10 years old - so they will never leave the house unless they get shipped off to military school, then you never see them again.  Babies become kids, but it's an instant "bang" kind of thing, no stages of kidhood, which I understand is what happens in Sims 2.  There is a "grow-up" program for Sims 1, but it is notoriously buggy, and has some weird effects.

Hai, jmcrp! You know me as my alter-ego, betty_newbie, over at CTO.  Well, I'm Bella over here (and Cassandra_Goth over at Sims Cave BTW).  I like being many different people! Grin

The ability for kids to grow up in TS2 is a good thing.  However, any aging beyond that, personally, just leaves me cold.  I couldn't stand to see my Sims grow old and die. Embarrassed  When I (briefly) played TS2, I always used the "Aging off" cheat.

Fortunately, kids in TS1 can grow up with either a certain Makin' Magic spell or hacks like the Millennium Sims puberty cake.  Yeah, it's not 'gradual" like in TS2, but at least the kids won't be 10 yrs old forever. Wink
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 01, 04:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my sims 2 game waay more than my sims 1 game. Only because of the fact it's not as buggy for me anyways..... it seems like I was always having to delete stuff because of bad meshes, and I would have something weird and borked up in my sims 1 game to the point of where it was unplayable. One of the cc's I downloaded for my game even corrupted my disk!

Hasn't happened for my sims 2 game yet *crosses fingers* But so far I've have no crashes.... just one time where it would freeze, that's all. And I fixed that, so it was no biggie. You can definately tell more effort was put into the sims 1 than it was in the sims 2. Seems like in all of the sims 1 expansions packs it was like you were buying a new game! Whereas in the sims 2..... not so much.....

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 01, 19:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mostly used the fruitcake in my downtown/vacation lots.  The commericial ones, I'd just put it in a little pillar.  The other alternative is that blue expresso machine.

www.thestormradio.com
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 01, 20:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the sims 1, and I have NO clue what half of these things are you speak about  Cheesy

I wasn't a member of any communities back then, and the only place I downloaded from was TSR, and that was rare. I must have missed out on a lot of stuff for that game. Makes me wish I hadn't donated it to stepchild!

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 02, 01:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst things about Sims 1 that I remember is the endless binary searches for CC that caused problems, finding hacks that work together etc. After all that, being happy that it *only* crashed 3 or 4 times a day.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 02, 02:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, that sounds like my Sims 2 game this week. I play with no hacks at all, nothing to  make my sims screw around, stay young or any of that. Well, put some in this week and it was crashie time to the fucking max. I took out the hacks, Ralphie will let me play my game. I put the hacks in, the thing crashes twenty minutes into building a house... I've used different hacks at different times, and none of them are allowed. Fucking computer has a cranky disposition, which is why it's named for Ralph Kramden... None of the hacks by Sim Wardrobe, Two Jeffs, Squinge or the Pirate King himself are allowed by this cranky son of a bitch machine. If Ralph Nader was dead, I'd say his spirit was taking refuge in this thing, but meh!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 02, 14:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burn that computer! Sims 2 without hacks is utterly maddening Lips sealed I'ld rather play Tic-Tac-Toe lol

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
jmrcrp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 02, 21:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you mean that if I get sims 2 and play vanilla, it will be as bad as playing Sims 1 vanilla?  And I will have to go into a DL frenzy for it, as well?  Oh, noes!

At least if I start doing that for Sims 2, I won't be such a noob that I think it is wise/right to pay for CC, the way I did for Sims 1 back in the day.  I know where the booty is, and where to get better-than-pay free stuff!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: