PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:21:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 18 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1626209 times)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #4230 on: 2009 May 27, 15:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She actually does upload at TSR but I believe she has said that she won't ever be pay so she uploads there after she uploads to MTS2.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4231 on: 2009 May 27, 15:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I like about her stuff is unlike TSR's Victorian Queen Cashcraft, who creates rooms that have 8 million pieces, are wicked high poly and huge- PhoenixPhaerie does her research and understands the fact that " Real" Victorian bathrooms were little more than closets converted to bathrooms when indoor plumbing first became available- the only people in the Victorian World that would have bathrooms as designed by Cashcraft or Vitasims would be Queen Victoria, or President Lincoln - not Victor Goth - mayor of Victorian Pleasantview

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: 2009 May 27, 16:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one in the Victorian world would have bathrooms, or anything else, as designed by Cashcraft. They did not use those styles or colors. They're like a Barbie's idea of "Victorian".

As for President Lincoln, I don't know when extensive plumbing was installed in the White House, and now I'd like to find out. It was probably post-Civil War though.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: 2009 May 27, 16:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar IIRC each set page has its wall & floor as a free download. Hurray. *ironic*. Btw did victorian wood showers really existed?
The bazar wallpaper is almost as stupid as the closet paper i once saw. A friggin' real pic of a closet Sad
And i'm pretty sure Dot fakes it too. Lettuce column is just too ridiculous. Even Peggy wouldn't make that mistake with her translator. Dot must love to read us.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4234 on: 2009 May 27, 16:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one in the Victorian world would have bathrooms, or anything else, as designed by Cashcraft. They did not use those styles or colors. They're like a Barbie's idea of "Victorian".

As for President Lincoln, I don't know when extensive plumbing was installed in the White House, and now I'd like to find out. It was probably post-Civil War though.

It was Post Civil War- I looked it up actually- The White House had indoor plumbing in terms of running water piped to the White House in the 1830's- They did not have indoor toilets and running hot water until the early 1900's - 1902 actually which would have been about the time that the transition from Victorian Era (Victoria died in 1901) and the Edwardian Era took place. The work began in 1902 but the hot water/indoor toilet system was not fully functional until 1902

I agree most Victorians had better sense than to own anything that looked like what Cashcraft, or Vitasims designs- Adele's stuff however fits perfectly, as does Guatla's .

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4235 on: 2009 May 27, 22:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just looked it up myself - in fact, until recently, the Presidents had to live pretty damn primitively, at least according to the artcile I found.  And most plumbing didn't occur until 1902 or later.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: 2009 May 27, 23:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's hard sometimes, to grasp how "new" some modern conveniences are.  My father was born in 1926, in a rural community.  He was six when they finally brought electricity to the house, he was ten when they got their first indoor toilet.  Their first bathroom was a small closet that held a toilet.  that's it, a toilet.  You went into the kitchen to wash your hands.  Bath water was still heated on the stove, and you took your bath Saturday night in the winter, before church.  In the warm weather, you took your soap and towel down to the pond and had your washup there.  Because heating bath water was a huge bother, children under six were bathed three at a time, children from 6-12 were bathed two at a time. If you thought this was unfair and wanted your own bath (as his sisters did, starting at about age ten) you could have it, but it was your job to get the water and heat it up themselves.   I think by the time my father (baby of the family by a far stretch) was close to "Have your own bath to yourself!" they had a bathtub installed.  And, probably, his brothers and sisters were mostly out of the house. 

When he told me about that, I marveled that it seemed very "Little House in the Big Woods" primitive, and it was hard to believe he lived like that.  Yet, he did.  And his neighbors did too, so it wasn't that he was the poor family of the community.

Closer to the modern age, in 1985, I took a trip down South with some friends.   I was astonished at all the houses we saw with huge satalite dishes, standing between the house and the outhouse. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: 2009 May 28, 01:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My grandparents still had the old outhouse when I was a kid, but they'd had plumbing for ages. They had it filled in and used it for storage.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: 2009 May 28, 01:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My grandparents still had the old outhouse when I was a kid, but they'd had plumbing for ages. They had it filled in and used it for storage.

I'd like to have believed that was the case with what I saw, but we saw people going in and out of them, and saw enough evidence that they were not being used as sheds, but as outhouses. 

Someone heading over there with a roll of TP in hand is usually a pretty good indication they're not going to get a garden rake.   Cheesy

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: 2009 May 28, 03:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds a lot how my dad was raised, too. He was born in 1922 and yes, in a rural community that today only has seventy-five people living in the town. He had four younger brothers and this was in the Depression era, just like your dad, but my dad often lived with his grandfather in order for the family at home to have more resources to feed the younger ones. He said it wasn't the outhouses that bothered him so much, it was the freezing of the ass in the dead of winter and having to run out there in the middle of the night for an urgent call of nature. Well, that and the cracked wooden seat would bite now and then. Ouch! Cheesy

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4240 on: 2009 May 28, 03:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My family has always lived in rural areas, so it does not surprise me how new some conveniences are either. When my mother was a teen and the the first rocket landed on the moon, my great grandfather who was born in 1886 told her that in his lifetime he had seen the advent of the telephone, electricity, the automobile, movies, radio, television, nuclear weapons and modern warfare, vaccines for most of the major childhood illnesses, antibiotics and then man traveling to the moon. So none of it surprises me.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: 2009 May 28, 03:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your great grandfather was born a year after my grandpa and all of the stuff they saw come in must have been amazing. It does make me glad that we live in a time of modern devices, though!

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: 2009 May 28, 03:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was a kid, ca. 1960, my cousins lived in a rental house near me that had an outhouse.  It was a really small town in Northern Indiana, though.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: 2009 May 28, 03:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here in Ohio, the Department of Transportation just got rid of outhouses for the road side rests on the side of the highways, in the last 40-50 years. We have tons of road side rests here, so it wasn't hard to find one, but people hated to stop at one while driving because it was an outhouse at the edge of a forest or farmland. Must have been fun in the middle of the night on the side of the highway using an outhouse. 

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: 2009 May 28, 05:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bath water was still heated on the stove, and you took your bath Saturday night in the winter, before church.  In the warm weather, you took your soap and towel down to the pond and had your washup there.  Because heating bath water was a huge bother, children under six were bathed three at a time, children from 6-12 were bathed two at a time. If you thought this was unfair and wanted your own bath (as his sisters did, starting at about age ten) you could have it, but it was your job to get the water and heat it up themselves.

This gave me such a chuckle, Darqstar! Particularly the 'You want it, you heat it' bit. That's so very accurate! I didn't have running water until I was nearly 16, and I cannot count the times I had to use melted snow for bath water. What a pain! Even using just plain old water is difficult, having to both haul it home, and then heat it - it usually took two people to lift the ginormo heating pot on and off the stove. And then there's those times you have to heat it on the wood stove! Oy. We preferred bathing on Sunday night so we'd be all clean for school. But when summer came we absolutely reveled in bathing in the swamp. It's just crazy. Actually, though, it's really, really amazing. I've noticed that every family without running water comes up with their own system for getting things done and every member of the family considers it completely normal, whereas others think it's completely nuts. I still miss my outhouse with the view, and of course I get teased about it mercilessly. Cheesy

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: