PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:40:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A Very Interesting Discovery...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Very Interesting Discovery...  (Read 48252 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: A Very Interesting Discovery...
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 25, 01:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, whu?? You're talking Sims ONE? Ok fine youbetcha, yeah. No matter what game it's for, T$R is gonna treat people like shit, meal tickets, idiots, fools and catspaws. They're gonna talk down to them, browbeat them, insult them and be totalitarian mud-fucks. That is why we want them flushed down the shitter. Because we're normal humans that don't allow ourselves or anyone else to be treated like they have maybe an eight of a brain, although if you hang out there at T$R long enough, that is surely what in the hell is gonna happen to you.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 25, 01:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see you yet - be fair! Plus - I am meshing and watching Dr. Who.  Your avi is missing, and I'm glad you're back. Your sig is fine.  Grin

<snipped because I can moderate Calalily's posts!....in quotes Sad>

Yes, okay I will let it slide, but you owe me in the future...maybe sexual favours, I haven't decided yet.  What the hell happened to my av? And, my signature WAS messed up, it cut off the first letter (just like it did to Plum's [ it seems).  So I was telling people to "isit" my site. I don't know what that means or how they can do that, so I changed it to "visit". I'm sure they'll appreciate that.. Tongue

Edit: Uploaded a new avamatar.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 25, 01:45:15 by RenegadeSims » Logged

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 25, 06:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What i think as a pirate? I thin there are far too many TSR threads here.

Edit, cause of necromania threads over at TSR.

from 2004.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 25, 06:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see you yet - be fair! Plus - I am meshing and watching Dr. Who.  Your avi is missing, and I'm glad you're back. Your sig is fine.  Grin

<snipped because I can moderate Calalily's posts!....in quotes Sad>

Yes, okay I will let it slide, but you owe me in the future...maybe sexual favours, I haven't decided yet. 

Moderate me will you! I shall never perform the Venetian Butterfly sexual technique for you! Hurmph! I also linked to your site too.  Grin

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 25, 12:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, you promised to only do that dance for me! :::wails::::

But back to topic: I know that there were people bitching when the first paysites appeared for TS1, but there was not enough organization to make much of a stink. Fortunately in 2006, Pescado saw a way to give some people butthurt, and from a desire for endless amusement, a movement was born.

What's interesting about the thread you posted however, is that even in 2004, they were already on the defensive - it's as though they all knew this was wrong right from the start.

Amusing. And fascinating.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 25, 15:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I've got to add that I'm not referring to Kiri or Cindy, both of whom were involved with SimInternational Imports in the early days.  They split off from the site either when, or before, the woman who ran it (come to think of it, I believe her name was Ran, lol), started charging money.)

Her name was Ran Shengali, I believe, and Simternational Imports actually started the whole "exclusive content" -trend so fondly embraced by both Liquid Stars and Simbella.

Ran had some exclusive content (I don't know if it was free or pay), people shared it, she threw a hissy fit and started an exclusive site with only 500 closest friends as members and disappeared from the face of the earth. I was very pissed off, since I loved the ethnic flavour of her things but could not get in as I was not one of her lackeys.  Angry

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 25, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't it all about a bed?
Some silly, fugly, bed?

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 25, 16:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the online community goes, I'm still a fairly new addition to it.  I played sim city, and sims 1, and sims 2, but did not participate in the online community at all.  I didn't know anything about it.  Heh.  When I did finally find it, I didn't understand it.  I think the very first thing I wandered on to was a paysite.  I didn't look around any more after that.  I was rather pleased years later to discover a place that was giving butthurt to paysites at large.  I only wish I'd known about it sooner. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 25, 18:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the very first thing I wandered on to was a paysite.  I didn't look around any more after that.  I was rather pleased years later to discover a place that was giving butthurt to paysites at large.  I only wish I'd known about it sooner.

Which paysite was it?  How much $$$ did you blow off? Huh
Bella the Paysite Slayer
Landlubber

T$R's Worst Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 25, 19:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did some more spying on TSR.  Here's some more pre-TS2 paysite discussions:

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=222171&highlight=bandwidth+cost- From Nov. 2003.  This one's rather toned down and mature.  However, the paysite defenders are still bringing out the old "I should be paid for my hard work!" argument. Cheesy

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=222989&highlight=paysite- From Nov. 2003.  Very similar to the one listed above.

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=229573&highlight=paysite- From Feb. 2004.  This one's about general frustration with paysites.  No real debating, however.  But, at least no KGB moderators popped up to quash all dissent!

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=227366&highlight=paysite- From January 2004.  T$R members ponder whether or not the paysite industry would be harmed by TS2's release.  We all know the answer, now, do we? Wink

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=236317&highlight=paysite- From May 2004.  Same as above.  Gawd, they were SO naive!

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=242338&highlight=paysite- From July 2004.  A thread about "stealing" (What they call filesharing.).

That's all for now.  I find this rather fascinating, since VERY many people online think paysites weren't a TS1 issue and are a TS2-only issue.  What n00bs!

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 25, 20:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the very first thing I wandered on to was a paysite.  I didn't look around any more after that.  I was rather pleased years later to discover a place that was giving butthurt to paysites at large.  I only wish I'd known about it sooner.

I don't know.  Some sort of mall thing.  I don't know what it was.  And none.  I said WFT?! and then didn't bother looking anymore, cause ChemistryCourtney doesn't pay for pixels. 

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 25, 20:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't it all about a bed?
Some silly, fugly, bed?

Honestly, I cannot remember. Even at that time I thought she was blowing it out of proportions, but then it more or less became a norm.  Roll Eyes

I don't know.  Some sort of mall thing.  I don't know what it was.  And none.  I said WFT?! and then didn't bother looking anymore, cause ChemistryCourtney doesn't pay for pixels. 

That would be the Mall of the Sims. The site and its contents sucked anyways. No wonder you were not impressed.

Edit: typo

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 25, 20:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked over some of those threads, Bella, and all I can say is...wow. I wish I had been a member of the online community at the time, because I would have loved to rip those idiots a new one. Or new ones. Whatever.

I said WFT?! and then didn't bother looking anymore, cause ChemistryCourtney doesn't pay for pixels. 

Good girl. Wink

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 25, 20:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sure.  It is just one of those things that has always hit me wrong.  I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.  I don't eliminate the use of an item because it is pay, but I don't feel it is better than items that are not.  I just think they are all items, and well, some suck, some don't.  Charging for them is inherently wrong, and by default makes your creations a little less interesting to me.  Although I am not above using them; especially now that the booty exists in my world.  Ah the booty, the great equalizer. 

(on a slightly unrelated sidenote, most everything I've ever downloaded from the booty has been deleted over time from my game.  There are things that I would have been super pissed if I'd paid for them.) 

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 25, 21:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Kerry bed...oooeeeeoooooo *think Harvey Birdman's lovely ESP laden judge*
Infamous.

I believe that's the one Seabree gave SIH. *snort*
Why I can remember all this shyte is beyond me....but I can't remember trash day... Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: