PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:12:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 958259 times)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #345 on: 2008 May 25, 01:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite being gone a fair chunk of time, I've just finished reading this whole thread, every page of it.

Whether TSR were free or pay, it is irrelevant.  They are basically allowing a potential threat to child safety to go on without consequence.  I'm fairly sure there's a standard over the Interwebz where if you are under 13 years of age, you can't provide personal information (without parental consent?).  If a site discovers someone under that age is posting personal information, it is their duty to remove it, otherwise I'm pretty sure they can be held responsible.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no longer about being "family-friendly", it's about PROTECTING any children that may be members of that site.  I couldn't give a rats ass, in this particular case, if TSR is pretending to be family-friendly or charging thousands of dollars for flood-fill content.  I am way more concerned about the fact that this can be easy-pickings for a paedophile.

I think its ridiculous if sites are not allowing this WARNING to be posted simply because they don't want to"get involved" with the TSR/pay/pirate issue. It has NOTHING to do with that.

In my mind this is likely a legal issue - IIRC, facebook got in trouble for something similar to this: paedophiles could easily message some 12 yr old with a profile.  How is this any different from what TSR is turning a blind eye to?

hornymanatee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 May 25, 07:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought that InSim and InSimAdult were PMBD friendly.

If you mention how much TSR sucks on Insim you'll have your post "unapproved."
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: 2008 May 25, 12:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite being gone a fair chunk of time, I've just finished reading this whole thread, every page of it.

Whether TSR were free or pay, it is irrelevant.  They are basically allowing a potential threat to child safety to go on without consequence.  I'm fairly sure there's a standard over the Interwebz where if you are under 13 years of age, you can't provide personal information (without parental consent?).  If a site discovers someone under that age is posting personal information, it is their duty to remove it, otherwise I'm pretty sure they can be held responsible.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no longer about being "family-friendly", it's about PROTECTING any children that may be members of that site.  I couldn't give a rats ass, in this particular case, if TSR is pretending to be family-friendly or charging thousands of dollars for flood-fill content.  I am way more concerned about the fact that this can be easy-pickings for a paedophile.

I think its ridiculous if sites are not allowing this WARNING to be posted simply because they don't want to"get involved" with the TSR/pay/pirate issue. It has NOTHING to do with that.

In my mind this is likely a legal issue - IIRC, facebook got in trouble for something similar to this: paedophiles could easily message some 12 yr old with a profile.  How is this any different from what TSR is turning a blind eye to?

Amen.

I am still surprised with what we came up with here - I thought we'd see some skank clothing, not opportunities for pedophilia AND the site manager's blind eye.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 May 25, 13:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade, would you please send that post to TSR?  I'm sure they have slimy lawyers taking care of their CYA, but maybe it's worth putting more pressure on them.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: 2008 May 25, 14:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, was she atleast cordial to you?
She's such a wanker. *stomps feet on Barbs avvie*
She's always been that way....and BTW, lots of TSR creators are members at N99...so...yeah.

GlassCigarette...come sit by me, hun, you're as twisted as I. Grin

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: 2008 May 26, 00:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade, would you please send that post to TSR?  I'm sure they have slimy lawyers taking care of their CYA, but maybe it's worth putting more pressure on them.

I am 99.9% sure this will be killed in exactly one second if I posted it on TSR, and I'd be subsequently IP-banned (not that I really give a shit).  ThomA$$ has already been pm'ed about this by Nouk, anyway, or am I mistaken?  Going to TSR would be like talking to a literal brick wall.

I'm thinking more along the lines of involving EA and/or lawyers.

There was more about it on the news, but I'm too lazy to search more links. This mentions the Facebook/Children issue but doesn't say as much as I heard on the news http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpolicy/2007-09-26-facebook_N.htm

This link talks about Facebook agreeing to a Child Safety Plan: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7391170.stm

Notice they say it is to "protect kids from online predators and inappropriate content"

TSR may not be a popular social networking site, but I believe they are still required to provide a safe environment from children, including making sure too much information is not revealed.

In another article regarding the dangers of children and MySpace, a man found the work address 16 year old girl, tracked her down, and assaulted her.  So this isn't just a fear of paedophiles contacting or posing as 11 year olds (bad enough, yeah?), it's that they could be tracked down from the info they provide. And TSR is doing nothing to prevent that information from being out there.

It's a game, kids and young teens play it. If TSR wants members to have public profiles (do they need to have age, personality type, fave food, etc??), they need to do every damn thing they can to make sure young kids are not putting themselves in danger, or that an old man isn't posing as a young kid to try and lure them.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2008 May 26, 00:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade, empty your pm box plx

Inactive
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: 2008 May 26, 00:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. Done. Wtf is the limit? 5? I was like 740% over the limit XD I deleted all except two, JUST FOR YOU NOUKIE@! I have space now Smiley

Edit: Have emptied, but not received pm Huh If all else fails, PM at wnf
« Last Edit: 2008 May 26, 00:30:31 by RenegadeSims » Logged

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: 2008 May 26, 12:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ry - No, I can't say she was. Apparantly she also hates me for something I said last summer in a discussion at Juniper Sun about that N99 thread about MikeInside that DoW mentioned. It seems my crime was to say that I find it a ridiculous and repressive rule that quoting anything said on N99 anywhere outside the forum can get you banned from N99.

Bad Moune! Bad!

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008 May 26, 12:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Moune, I find the irony hilarious.

You will not call us dictators! You will not say we are totalitarian! Don't you understand that if I can't moderate you on the outside, I'm being forced to JUDGE YOU and Ban you where I.Rule.Absolute. *hiss*

Sorry it probably is nothing like that, but I wanted to share the scenario with all Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: 2008 May 26, 14:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, you are a very very bad girl and I'm afraid I will have to punish you with a cask of rum, cakes, cookies, a comfortable sofa, a nanny to mind your son, and a cabana boy to massage your aching feet. Wink

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: 2008 May 26, 14:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a game, kids and young teens play it. If TSR wants members to have public profiles (do they need to have age, personality type, fave food, etc??), they need to do every damn thing they can to make sure young kids are not putting themselves in danger, or that an old man isn't posing as a young kid to try and lure them.

100% agree!!

They also don't always police the forums as well as they should either.  I remember one girl there not only in the forum mentioned certain landmarks around where she lived, she also had it in her profile.  Now I recognized those landmarks because as it turns out, she lives in the same town as I do...I immediately pm'd her to warn her of the danger of doing that...she has since taken it down, but TSR needs to be doing a better job of protecting children on their site.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2008 May 26, 15:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Moune, I find the irony hilarious.

You will not call us dictators! You will not say we are totalitarian! Don't you understand that if I can't moderate you on the outside, I'm being forced to JUDGE YOU and Ban you where I.Rule.Absolute. *hiss*

Sorry it probably is nothing like that, but I wanted to share the scenario with all Tongue

Actually, it's exactly like that. It's getting worse because the community all around them is changing and they can't control it.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2008 May 26, 16:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade, I was thinking along the lines of your sending that post to Thomas, Tug, and Steve in pm's.  I know you'd be banned if you posted it.  I don't know if Nouk has already pm'ed them, but I have, and have gotten a response that tried to justify their doing nothing,  and then blamed ME for a lack of faith in them.  It was a piece of work. Roll Eyes  But as I've said many times before, I think they do respond at least a little when pressure is put on them.  It's worth a try.

And Dina, they do police the forum.  For phrases like,  "paysites are illegal" and "why can't we have some GOOD stuff for a change" and "Chaz's latest mesh is the worst piece of junk I've seen."  They don't have time to look for 11 year olds endangering themselves or pedos soliciting them. Let's get our priorities straight! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 May 26, 16:43:23 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2008 May 26, 19:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, a point that may be worth considering, and I am NOT slamming anyone on this forum before you think that.

I have kids, and I have concerns over things like this.
What does concern me is here on the booty, things like xxxsims are available for download with no age restriction on them. I haven't been through all of the booty, but I have seen these.

Would it be possible to put a warning or something like that? I wouldn't let my kids download off the booty, but other parents may not be aware.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: