PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 12:35:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A surprising new paysite
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A surprising new paysite  (Read 31140 times)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Re: A surprising new paysite
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 11, 12:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now don't kill me here, but I was thinking:

Is this donation set only for people who HAVE donated already, or is s/h/it trying to lure in more monies?

Maybe s/h/it is just thanking the people who have donated in an unusual way? Like it's a gift or something.

well, jess, I get what you are saying, but the problem is is that it says right there at the site: Gift for April, and then under that it says, a special gift for those that financially help keep the site up and running.  I give you this if you give me money.  If it was a thank you she could be like hey, I sent out this thank you gift to the donators, if you didn't get yours, or just want it, here:  and then put up the link.  Recognize you made it as a thank you, but everyone can still have it.  not pay money for this.   

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Jess Maree
Pedobait
ARR!

Leader of the PMBD Lesbian Militia.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 11, 12:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are right, I think the wording got to me. It DOES seem like a gift, but then again...

So, do you think s/h/it will make another one for next month? Or turn into a full on paysite?

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 11, 12:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep - just like all the other paysites.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 11, 12:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If taking free creators stuff against their will, then telling them to stfu and she will not treat them differently from any scamming paysite wasn't enough to make people lift an eyebrow, then becoming a full blown paysite will not make people lift an eyebrow either. There will always be an excuse for dear old DLMuslow who is so misunderstood and who's fault it never is, who's so nice and didn't mean to do it, who is not lying but just makes little mistakes, who all these people seem to dislike without any reason and they're all just assholes who have something against her, who is even a pioneer instead of a bastard for teaching those 'diva's' a lesson, who does it for the sake of the community and not for her own convenience, etc etc etc.

Now if I upload my first pay hairmesh, there is not a person on this forum who will not want to strangle me for being a dirt scamming scumbag and a liar. While I have not taken stuff from people against their will, not even from the paysites. Me and a whole lot of other free creators. But they would all be butchered on these boards.

What about DLMuslow´s nature is so attractive that she can basically walk around the community abusing everyone who doesn't comply to exactly what she wants, and hardly anyone will speak up or even scratch their heads thinking something might be wrong? If it were just the words 'free community' then that problem would be solved the moment she put up a payset.
But no. So what is so attractive about that antisocial selfish manipulative woman that people jump in and make excuses for her, currently a paysite owner? Why is she treated better than even friggin Numenor, who's never been known to spout lies and treat people like shit, and has one payfile up?

Inactive
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 11, 12:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, nouk, all I can figure is that she seems so different on her own site, you know?  like real nice... and has continually said over there how things should be free and everyone should be able to share, etc. etc.  She has also managed to keep drama to a minimum, on her own site, so really unless people go to other places, they don't really even know what all is going on.  Even if they do, they are like, really, I don't even remember that happening there.  Like I said, that last time there was a problem, I didn't really know what was going on, but she'd been nice to me.  I believe all the niceness in the world doesn't matter much though, if you are going to do things like this.  Nouk, if you made a payfile, I'd be horrified, and wonder if there was some sort of prankster day I didn't know about.  Seriously, I think more people would wonder if you'd been hacked, before the pitchforks and torches came out.  I know that DL makes things, I've seen them.  In the same way though, a lot of her site is powered by the creativity of others. 

I guess my point is if you are going to have a website, and espouse the beliefs of creativity and sharing, and community, doing stuff like putting up a donation file is a slap in the face to anyone that ever tried to defend the things you did before.  It is sneaky and wrong.  And, you mentioned numenor:  Really, if anyone had a grey area that was as close to a real actual gift file, it was him.  She may have put all over the place I've put this here for love and thanks, but it also says, it is "love and thanks" for those that paid me.  Since it says for april, everyone can assume that if you donate now, you can have it, and you know, get ready for next month, when you can donate for the may file.  It may just be one file now, but the wording of the whole thing leads me to believe, give it a few months, and the amount of "donation" files will increase greatly. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 11, 14:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If taking free creators stuff against their will, then telling them to stfu and she will not treat them differently from any scamming paysite wasn't enough to make people lift an eyebrow, then becoming a full blown paysite will not make people lift an eyebrow either. There will always be an excuse for dear old DLMuslow who is so misunderstood and who's fault it never is, who's so nice and didn't mean to do it, who is not lying but just makes little mistakes, who all these people seem to dislike without any reason and they're all just assholes who have something against her, who is even a pioneer instead of a bastard for teaching those 'diva's' a lesson, who does it for the sake of the community and not for her own convenience, etc etc etc.

Now if I upload my first pay hairmesh, there is not a person on this forum who will not want to strangle me for being a dirt scamming scumbag and a liar. While I have not taken stuff from people against their will, not even from the paysites. Me and a whole lot of other free creators. But they would all be butchered on these boards.

What about DLMuslow´s nature is so attractive that she can basically walk around the community abusing everyone who doesn't comply to exactly what she wants, and hardly anyone will speak up or even scratch their heads thinking something might be wrong? If it were just the words 'free community' then that problem would be solved the moment she put up a payset.
But no. So what is so attractive about that antisocial selfish manipulative woman that people jump in and make excuses for her, currently a paysite owner? Why is she treated better than even friggin Numenor, who's never been known to spout lies and treat people like shit, and has one payfile up?

My reason for standing up for her in the past was because she was a free creator, and I agreed with what she espoused as her principles. I  never denied that she was a bitch, and she proved that again and again. Now she is a paysite-owning, hypocritical bitch. It's kind of a relief. Since obviously she doesn't really believe in free content for all, I don't have to grudgingly accept her as a comrade in arms. People do despise her, they have for quite some time. She has now finally lived up to everything I've ever heard about her.

Nouk or Calalily: I think people would be truly shocked if you put up pay items. I think it would take time to bring out the pitchforks. Remember how we discussed Numenor? The consensus was that it was a shame, but to be fair we had to include his item in the booty. No one has any real animosity towards him, no pitchforks out for him. We rarely discuss the less greedy paysite owners, the small potatoes. This move by DL is such a shock. It proves she wasn't motivated by principle in the slightest.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 17:01:02 by redisenchanted » Logged
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 11, 14:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk, I cannot believe you're bringing up the Numenor thing. That was a simple case of policy: he has a pay item, it was donated to us, we put it in the booty. The same will happen for DLM, when we get her pay crap.

I know you have a long-standing distaste for her; so do I. I do think she's underhanded and stupid. But until she had a pay item, it was not strictly the pervue of PMBD to deal with the issue of creator's rights - which is why I never commented on that thread. Now that she's completely stepped into the paysite thing, she's fair game.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 11, 14:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if I would look at this Nouk person screaming at paysite owners for allmost 2 years and then putting up a payfile, I would have not bothered with a pitchfork, I'd gone with the napalm. But I'm always bigmouthed and loud, so that might just be me, heheh.

As for DLMuslow, she has a sheltered community of her own thanks to her deleting and banning, so she probably couldn't care less. If the people on her boards aren't like: FAIL it's probably because they're not all against paysites. Good for them, but the excuse she used to have payfiles on her site was that she was a pirate, the excuse she used for ripping off free creators is that they were the ones being too restrictive and she did it for a free community, and the excuse for her payfile is, who knows. What's clear though, she just uses community after community, and whenever their views come in handy for defending what she wants, she will use it.

Inactive
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 11, 15:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should we go for the napalm and let the Animal Army over at insim know about this? They really hate DL over there already. She is selling Sizz meshes and recolors against his/her wishes. There's also no credit on the picture page. That's the only time I get involved in this sort of thing, when someone sells someone else's free stuff.
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 11, 15:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to contact Sizz besides MTS2?  Has anyone else tried to contact Sizz?
And whoever said the original looks much better than the recolor is my newest drinking buddy.
I couldn't agree more...
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 11, 15:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk, I cannot believe you're bringing up the Numenor thing. That was a simple case of policy: he has a pay item, it was donated to us, we put it in the booty. The same will happen for DLM, when we get her pay crap.

I know you have a long-standing distaste for her; so do I. I do think she's underhanded and stupid. But until she had a pay item, it was not strictly the pervue of PMBD to deal with the issue of creator's rights - which is why I never commented on that thread. Now that she's completely stepped into the paysite thing, she's fair game.

Numenors payfile should be in there ofcourse. It's a payfile, simple as that.

To me you're fair game for critizism (and bootyfying) when you're ripping off a free community, wether it be through payfiles or by things DL does. Numenor's payfile being in the booty to me is not the same as mistreating him personally, however people are known not ot be able to seperate the creator from the payfile. For DL Muslow, this is done alot (she's nice, etc.) and it seems that Numenor was frowned upon alot more (with Numenor being an overall nice guy) than DL is with her payfile (being a bastard to many without a good reason except satisfying what she wanted at the moment). What I'm saying here is: someone who had alot more value for the free community is not given special treatment(= good), but someone who's behaviour was not appreciated in the community and did not really add anything special is somehow worth defending (or only few people dare to say anything for one reason or another) even though it's a payfile (= weird).
Or is this all bullshit and were all those people running in to defend her in those older threads just sent over there to help out?

Inactive
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 11, 15:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noukie,
I'm going to be brutally honest here.
Alot of people felt you were being a drama queen about the other thread you posted, because you said yourself that she obeyed your TOU, just that YOU had forgotten to update it.
Therefore she couldn't be at fault, because it was your mistake.

I agree with that statement as well. If you have a TOU somewhere, it's your responsibility to update it, not another persons to ask.

Okay, everyone beat Ry now.

On this subject, she's shown her spots blatantly. She can't use the excuse of an outdated TOU. *although I agree with what I said, I do still think she used it to cover her ass.*
This time, she's shown obvious hypocrisy and disrespect for views she claimed as her own. NOW, it's time to throw stones.
Think Shirley Jackson's, "The Lottery."  Cheesy

BTW, Noukie. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I don't like ya. You do alot for the pirate cause, I just think you were too close to see reasonably on that last fuck up of DL's. If you decide to beat me, I'd like to request whips and chains, please....lol. And maybe a wet noodle or two. Grin

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 11, 15:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If taking free creators stuff against their will, then telling them to stfu and she will not treat them differently from any scamming paysite wasn't enough to make people lift an eyebrow, then becoming a full blown paysite will not make people lift an eyebrow either.

Still disgusts me though. I'm all for no special treatment, no matter who's on the receiving end.  I won't hoist a petard for others' personal reasons, and I won't kowtow for others' personal reasons.  The true test of any kind of ethical base for one's decision is when that decision is tested - Numenor's tested it (as in were we really about paysites, or just who we didn't like) and now DL is the test. Anyone who sees this as fine isn't really here to stop paysites - they're just here because they like snarking/free paysite stuff - and shouldn't joke about being a pirate - they're in it for what's in it for them, pure and simple.  

well, nouk, all I can figure is that she seems so different on her own site, you know?  like real nice... and has continually said over there how things should be free and everyone should be able to share, etc. etc. 

People like Atwa too - this doesn't mean that she's any better.  I'm sure Tom Ass is nice to his girl/boyfriend/wife/Atwa - that doesn't mean that he gets off scot free.  This is the catchcry of all paysites - "share (with me), help (me), provide stuff (for me/ for me to sell) - sweet as pie, while raking in all the money they can get their grubby little hands on.    

Good for them, but the excuse she used to have payfiles on her site was that she was a pirate, the excuse she used for ripping off free creators is that they were the ones being too restrictive and she did it for a free community, and the excuse for her payfile is, who knows.

And no one felt sympathy for the paysites that tried to sell Enayla's stuff, now did they?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 11, 16:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noukie,
I'm going to be brutally honest here.
Alot of people felt you were being a drama queen about the other thread you posted, because you said yourself that she obeyed your TOU, just that YOU had forgotten to update it.
Therefore she couldn't be at fault, because it was your mistake.

Ry, I'm going to be brutally honest here.
You did not read. The problem was, (and is time and time again), the way she handeled the situation when I told her I didn't allow the use of textures on other meshes. Shall I tell you? - deletion of comment, bannings, condesending emails, basically STFU, being a victim in public while telling me on msn that she would do whatever she wanted with any sims2 custom content, disprooving that she even gave a crap about anyone's TOS.

The obnoxious behaviour towards creator has always been te problem, and it was no different with Helga, who's policy was perfectly clear at the time. Wait, I forgot Kathy, Bloom and some others from the Insim crowd, that all happened before I even heard of the chick. This was all discussed in the same thread. You could have had it proven to you that her intent was probably not as innocent as you thought, especially after reading how she handled it.

One creator forgetting to update a TOS and then a dozen others who didn't but where still ignored? Hmm... what on earth did you need that time, to see what was going on?

Quote from:
I agree with that statement as well. If you have a TOU somewhere, it's your responsibility to update it, not another persons to ask.
Then if you find out the creator made a mistake and you are not actually allowed, you should be responsible enough to handle it where both parties would be happy. Would she have said: "Yo, your TOS is not up to date and I used that, so can I use it anyway?" I would not have been a pain in the ass. But all I got was: "I'll do whatever I want, your TOS was wrong, and EA says I can do it." plus deletion of my message and bannings.

Okay, everyone beat Ry now.
I'm not ruining a perfect silky skin like yours!

BTW, Noukie. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I don't like ya. You do alot for the pirate cause, I just think you were too close to see reasonably on that last fuck up of DL's. If you decide to beat me, I'd like to request whips and chains, please....lol. And maybe a wet noodle or two. Grin
That's never the case sweets, if we can't discuss things without becoming enemies, how the hell would we function in real life Cheesy
*touches inapropriately*

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 11, 17:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are right, I think the wording got to me. It DOES seem like a gift, but then again...

So, do you think s/h/it will make another one for next month? Or turn into a full on paysite?

There will be another for next month - the fact that the title of the thread is called "Donator Gift - April 2008" hints that there will be more in the future, or even one every month. We shall just have to see how low she wishes to sink on this

...Also, it is to be noted that on that thread, it does say that the pictures were taken by Simenroute..so did he make them? Anyone know anything about him? Believe he was anti pay hrm

*If* this is to thank donators after each month, then why not do what WNF do and release a public thank you gift after each months amount is met?!

Her previous scraps with creators have little to do this. Unpleasant as they are, this is a completely different thing so bringing past stuff up is not particularly valid. Focus on this current situation yes Nouk I am talking to you *spanks*

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: