PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:46:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592858 times)
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1035 on: 2008 July 15, 15:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn I miss that show.

It's not quite the same, Joel and some of the other cast members have a new movie riffing project Cinematic Titanic

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2008 July 15, 15:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!!!

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: 2008 July 15, 17:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mike Nelson has been doing commentary tracks to an assortment of movies at rifftrax for a couple of years.  With various co-commentators, from other MST3K alumni to Weird Al Yankovic.

You buy the track and then sync it up to the movie, though they apparently have a player that can do it automatically.

I did ARR a couple before anything else, and they are worth the money.

And Hecubus, the most memorable credits singing I think was Tom Servo singing during the end of The Final Sacrifice.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: 2008 July 15, 18:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I forgot about that one! My favorite two episodes have to be Jack Frost and Puma Man. ("I am a wood nymph!")

I keep looking at the rifftrax, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. But on your recommendation, I shall pursue!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1039 on: 2008 July 15, 20:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My philosophy is always ARR first, buy later.  It's how I got into my favorite band and lord knows how much money I've spent on them over the years, after all.  You might want to try a couple different movies before buying, in case you find there's a certain genre of film you'd rather not see riffed (I don't really understand how riffing could make Roadhouse FUNNIER than it already is).

I liked The Fellowship of the Ring, though I couldn't do it all in one sitting.  And though I think the Star Wars prequels are hilarious on their own, they are even better riffed.  The Fifth Element riff was so-so, but I think the movie laughs at itself enough to where riffs don't add as much as they do to some movies.

I think I'm going to try out the Harry Potter one next.  I already viewed it with Wizard People, Dear Reader as its audio, so I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy riffing.  And I definitely am going to get Jurassic Park because...dude, Weird Al!
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2008 July 15, 22:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have so bookmarked these sites.  Thanks!  Cheesy

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2008 July 15, 23:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mike Nelson has been doing commentary tracks to an assortment of movies at rifftrax for a couple of years.  With various co-commentators, from other MST3K alumni to Weird Al Yankovic.

I checked out a few of the samples. It's a lot like watching MTS3K, I think, but with occasionally-better movies and without the silhouettes in the foreground. I think if I ever sit down to watch a full one, I might need a few cutouts to put in front of the TV screen. Wink

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2008 July 15, 23:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So while everyone else's mind was rotating the dancer clockwise or counterclockwise, mine was trying to decipher the following "sentence"-

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

- Honestly, I scare myself sometimes.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1043 on: 2008 July 16, 08:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's all bullshit.  I swear, the dancing girl slows down and then pauses right before she switches.  First I saw her going ..counter-clockwise, I think?  Then I "unfocused" and stared at her foot, at which point she went the other direction and remained spinning in that direction.  At a certain point, I thought I broke something internally, because I couldn't get her to switch back on command. 

Then, when I wasn't even unfocused - I was staring right at this bitch - she slows down, pauses, and changes direction.

SCAM. Angry

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2008 July 16, 11:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not even going to try the dancing girl--those kinds of things never work for me. Sad

But in unrelated news, while Atwa may be banned/retired/disappeared, BeaSims has a new set up at TSR with a threat of more to follow.  The creative spurt continues. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2008 July 18, 13:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, anymore news on what the deal is with Atwa's bannination? Coconut, care to weigh in on that?
coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1046 on: 2008 July 18, 23:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on the Atwa vs everyone saga. She did not get her apology from Tug, and god knows she's tried every pathetic sympathy raising bullshit she can think of to get it, She's pissed to say the least, she's finally given up reporting her to Tom and has now reported Tug Kath and Tom to Steve. She seems to be under the impression Steve will either force Tug to apologise or force Tom to come down on Tug, However Steve will do nothing of the sort, He's well aware that Atwa has brought on all her problems herself, and indeed that most of them reside in her head.

Her profile has been changed back for some time, but she just will not let it drop, raking up the same old shit she was raking over a year ago, still causing trouble for people like Aikea and the NS crew who have long left TSR, she's like a dog with a bone, but uglier, accusing everyone of being a party to her profile change. Needless to say no one is listening to her, no one gives a rats ass. I am now several people, the latest of my personalities being Tug and Kath. This is the only excuse she can come up with for accusing everyone of being me, and being right about all of them! She reckons that several people post here under the name of Coconut, and it takes all of them to write each post, thus she was correct with all her accusations in the past right up to the present. Earth calling Atwa.... Don't you see how mind numbingly insane you are? Even Jan needs less medication. We/I, the several coconuts, are jealous because she kissed Tom twice in secret.. so she says, if that were true and it was a secret, then how would we/I know? and why do we/I care what happens in her head? She's also accusing Tom of thinking more about his homelife and the house he is building than he does of her and her situation. That may be the one thing she is right about.

She wants everyone to sort out her problems for her, if they don't, she will report them to someone 'higher' and in her words she will 'do what it takes', but who will she report Steve to when he ignores her. It's time she let things go, the only person to blame for her problems is her, Anita reads PMBD on a hourly basis because she wants to, she can't stay away, no one forces her to do so, Steve can not make people like her, a hypnotist couldn't achieve that, Steve can't stop her from reading PMBD, only she can do that, and Steve can't make Tom blind enough to be attracted to her, but maybe her creations could help with that.

Coconut,
(and whoever she wants me to be today)

*AW your inbox is full*

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1047 on: 2008 July 19, 00:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on the Atwa vs everyone saga. She did not get her apology from Tug....

GO Tug! Go Tug! Go Tug!

Thanks coconut, whoever you are this week.  Tell all your personalities I said hello.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1048 on: 2008 July 19, 02:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even Jan needs less medication.

PRICELESS. :::applauds::::

We/I, the several coconuts, are jealous because she kissed Tom twice in secret.. so she says, if that were true and it was a secret, then how would we/I know? and why do we/I care what happens in her head? She's also accusing Tom of thinking more about his homelife and the house he is building than he does of her and her situation. That may be the one thing she is right about.

GASP! you mean... even TSR people have LIVES? Wow. Whodathunkit? (I'm glad, actually, that Thomas is showing signs of humanity.)

Anita reads PMBD on a hourly basis because she wants to, she can't stay away, no one forces her to do so

Anyone have a spare bottle of Obsession to send her?

Coconut,
(and whoever she wants me to be today)

I want you to be Clive Owen. And then I want you to come to my  house. Smiley

*AW your inbox is full*

Her inbox is always full. Silly AWs.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2008 July 19, 03:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mwahahaah. Priceless indeed. Love your posts Coconuts Tongue

Atwa is boasting about two secret kisses? Oh for godsake...
If Tomass isn't careful, he is going to have a Glen Close on his hands. I can see it now...

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: