PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:08:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reduce Demand! Download from Free Sites Instead!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reduce Demand! Download from Free Sites Instead!  (Read 36275 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Reduce Demand! Download from Free Sites Instead!
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 08, 00:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally pay items are crappy, but they are different. And because people want variety in their game, they wants it.

I am no good at comparison or evaluation anymore since I haven't played in months, but I can offer questions! (and I plan to play tonight at some point)

Who else can offer good wood items? that rival Wood for Sims?
Window sets to rival Windkeeper?
Male custom content to rival Aikea and gelydh?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 08, 00:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bout having some self controll and not download pay crap even if it does look pwetty and shiny?  :roll:
That is never going to work in this community though  :lol:

Inactive
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 08, 00:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bout having some self controll and not download pay crap even if it does look pwetty and shiny?  
That is never going to work in this community though

This goes back to the question I always have about anytime a new Peggy or Raon hair is uploaded (at SFV) it gets downloaded the most of all downloads there. I just don't get that.  :shock: And no one has ever been able to answer me.  :?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 08, 01:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But its common freaking knowledge that Peggy and Rose are scam artists.
In the world of hair and hairstyles.. everyone knows that free is the way to go! And if they don't know, the state of their game is their prerogative!

I'm just offering questions that I know are evident in the sims community

We all know about self control and arguing about quality vs quantity

but there is a reason Britney Spears (and the like) are popular.. they are in your face 24/7... so people are going to like hacks like Paysite owners because they are the ones with most coverage.

I don't like it.. I'm not involved..
I have very little CC that isn't combed through as it is.

:twisted:

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 08, 02:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed it would help. I didn't think Sailor June updated anymore Smiley

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 08, 02:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing what Hecubus suggested for quite a while now. I refuse to even have anything from paysites in my game these days. I think I've only ever downloaded from the booty about five times and none of it is even in my folders anymore.

Free CC is just so much better.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 08, 02:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like the idea of some specifics - in particular, I get frustrated when someone wants a great utility item and defaults to the paysite rather than the free site. Examples for me include the OMSPs - been around for ages on MTS2, so why did Windkeeper make them? Also, Palladin does what SimSlice does...better, and free.

So how DO we proceed? Lists? Random postings? I mean, this could be a major project, or it could be a gentle list of suggestions...

Regarding XM: Flora is the hair creator that does the good stuff...her textures are as good as her meshes. It's the other one that's not so good.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 08, 04:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think yall should see about becoming editors for sims2wiki.info, and expanded off their hair gallery with this palindromes project.  While it wouldn't be the same thing as the hair gallery exactly, it would be in a similar vein; visual indication of fine free content over similar pay content.

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
Pineapplebrain
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 08, 05:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that celebrity Sims are quite popular...although a bit creepy.

So instead of Chaz or Jirka, go to ReginaS

I'm not certain if there is a creator of high-demand pay make-up, but if so, Bruno at MTS2 would clearly be the better option.
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 08, 07:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's unfortunate that there will always be people who think pay is better. I don't understand it but that is a general belief in the Sims community. In many ways this site and the Booty haven't stopped subscriptions, slowed them down but not stop them, instead the booty has offered people who couldn't afford or didn't have access to PayPAl or a credit card an opportunity to get the pay stuff. Win for those people but a null for PMBD.

I think the sites that have felt the impact of the Booty the most are those that offer "donation" packs and not subscription sites like the craptastic TSR - and the reason why is that so many people are simply too impatient to wait until the newest stuff is uploaded to the Booty. Compounding the problem is the fact that SFVs new system doesn't work well for a site like TSR with their inbedded tracking info and people being afraid of getting banned. Basically, TSR has set it up so people are going to pay to download and they are not going to share with more than a few close friends - win for them and a lose for everyone else.

To a certain extent you're not battling pay sites so much as the the people who are willing to pay them - you have to change their perspective and I don't think that will ever really happen.  After Peggy's latest male hair fiasco you would think she wouldn't have a customer left but people still support her (and I mean that literately) and they will continue to support her until she decides she's made enough money and moves on.

Just my buck fifty Wink
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 January 08, 08:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Palladin's stuff. Great place to go for free hacked objects.

A list is a good idea. You could post a free site that offers the same item TSR has for $$$ and compare them.

I'm more than willing to help with it too. Just drop me a line.
nikki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 January 08, 10:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can help, too and I like Markus' idea.  With school almost done, no more thesis, no more finals, I have lots of late nights to spare compiling a list and scouring the net for sites/forums.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 January 08, 10:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from Pescado's hacks, the Insim and Paladin's hacks are the only things I have in my game.  I loves him.  I've never been vaguely tempted to have any simslice crap ingame.  There are plenty of other hacked objects around the place too - no need to pay for simslice at all.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 January 08, 11:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=48335

Inactive
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 January 08, 11:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe someone should do a knockoff of Peggy, like "I Can't Believe It's Not Peggy", of Peggy-lookalike stuff. Without the gaps.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: