PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:10:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"  (Read 33964 times)
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
« Reply #30 on: 2007 August 03, 20:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shino"
let the flaming begin i want to see something

Keep hoping. You're frankly too unknown and irrelevant to have me even remotely interested in flaming you.

Jesus, you people who go pay are all so predictable.

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 August 03, 22:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't look to see how long it took for Shino to post after I did....I assume that they hve someone at TSR who watches us as soon as Thomas promotes someone to see how long it will take for us to notice.

Not long, as you can see.

In fact, when Elize was promoted yesterday, I had her stuff in the booty before Thomas could finish updating her minisite. Shino & KCR took a tad longer for me since I really didn't expect them to be next.

But no matter.

Sparkle, the card cracked me up ...and cheered me up. Of course, I"m heartbroken...and in a very real sense, it bothers me that (a) they went to TSR at all and (b) Shino had to ruin my affection for their stuff. I try very hard to separate the art from the creator...hence, I can watch most Tom Cruise movies despite his insanity.... but sometimes, well, when it is personal (which this apparently is), I feel like taking all their stuff out of my game.

Too bad, too. I sent lots of people to your site, Shino. I sent at least two emails to you complimenting you on the objects AND on the free status. No more. It's too bad. While Duckie wasn't fond of your stuff, I adored it.

No flame. Just utter disappointment.

By the way...and this is a comment to all paysite creators who come here looking to 'tell their story' or 'set the record straight'. You may have some credibility with other pay creators, but most of hte community, including the free-sims-for-all people, have little respect for you. And we're not talking minor people either. We're talking major sites, with top designers. Just so you know. You don't win friends when you go pay. is a few dollars/euros/pounds in your pocket worth that?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 August 03, 22:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately for some, Hecubus, it is.
I'm still in shock over how quickly this woman came over here to start shit and blame it all on PMBD *yay, that's right!*
It's obvious she had atleast that part planned from the get-go., the blaming it on file-sharers and pirates drivel.
She could have atleast tried some originality and told, I don't know...the truth about it all, maybe?
Bah.
To hell with you, simkitchen lady.
You just go ahead and take your toys...their here already anyway.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 August 04, 01:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shino, I'm not going to flame you. Won't even blow tobacco smoke at you. Know why? You're beyond pathetic and need some boosting. Too bad you'll have to put up with back-stabbers and assholes to try and get it at TSR... shame, really.
Yeah, I'm feeling mellow. It's the after-glow from seeing the first two Pirates of the Carribean movies for the first tme...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 August 04, 01:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never heard of that site before...
and I've been around since the Sims1 came out  :?

oh well, maybe I will check out their stuff in the booty   :wink:
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 August 04, 01:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So see it from our perspective we work our ass of to get those sets done and now you think we should pay money on top of that so you can enjoy our work. sry but i don't think so.

See, this is what always gets me. A few years ago I was active in the cartoon doll community (little pixel dollies modified from the original Palace dolls) and nobody EVER felt like their visitors owed them something for their creations. They paid out of their own pockets to keep their sites up for their own enjoyment and others', and while it may be different from Sims 2 sites, there were a few extremely popular sites that had to shell out extra money for bandwidth. It was rare to even see a donation button on a doll site. (I know running a pixel doll site without downloads would probably be cheaper for the most part than running a Sims 2 download site, but there were some that hosted their own [large] forums, hosted other sites, etc.)

Where I'm getting with this is -- people sometimes have to spend money on their hobbies. If you don't have the money, go to MTS2, contact Jessica of Wicked Sims, ask us pirates for help, etc.

But I guess it really is all about the extra perks for some people.
Lwerszva
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 August 04, 02:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It blows my mind when people think they have to earn a living selling pixels illegally to uninformed people instead of getting a real fucking job. How much more lazy can you get? I totally agree with MizzKitty. I can't make custom content to save my life, but if I could, I'd be thrilled to receive any number of downloads of it. It makes me happy to give nice people stuff.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 August 04, 03:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing the world's tiniest violin for you right now, Shino.
Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 August 04, 04:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

at this point i think we're just feeding an ego by continuing to post in this thread. so let us fix this:

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 August 04, 04:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
let the flaming begin i want to see something

Keep hoping. You're frankly too unknown and irrelevant to have me even remotely interested in flaming you.

Jesus, you people who go pay are all so predictable.

My thoughts exactly. I've never heard of the site, so I went there and was NOT impressed. No loss.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 August 04, 05:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last word about this topic and then I'm gonna do my damnedest to derail it. Shino, your name reminds me of something. Like Shinola! Which my dad said means bullshit. You're proving it more and more.

Now, for my derailment. Did no one notice that I had written in tiny type that I had just seen the first two Pirates of the Carribean for the first time tonight? I am no longer a POTA virgin! And at my age, there isn't a whole lot of virginities to lose... I loved those movies, they fucking rocked and ripped apart the screen. Wish I could have seen them at the theater, but this way I can pause the damn thing to get more popcorn or visit the can. Yeah! Now I can't wait to see the third one! We borrowed my nephew's copies and are going to get our own, along with the third one. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! But, I will say that while Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom looked very good as pirates, nothing will ever replace Kevin Kline as the Pirate King of my heart! Yummy!
One line from the first movie reminded me of this site, it's when Jack told Will to "hide the rum!" Can you draw the conclusion as to why that would be? Lol!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 August 04, 12:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, there is an old saying, which my father used to use all the time, "That fool doesn't know shit from shinola." Which means that the person is an ignorant ass, of course. But I asked him (he would have been 84 this year, so you know how old this product is) about shinola back in the 60s when I was a kid, and he said that back when HE was a kid, Shinola was a shoe polish. Therefore, someone who doesn't know shit from shinola might be smearing shit all over his shoes!  :lol:  Because he is an ignorant ass.

Also, I love Pirates of the Carribbean so much I have bought them all, and in the third one, Orlando Bloom is so hot, and Kierra Knightley is so annoying, that even though I have to buy it, I will fast forward through the parts where Kierra is gassing on and on with her one facial expression.

I also have Pirates of Penzance on DVD. I even memorized the songs at one point. My kids gave me a CD for listening to in the car of all the Disney pirate songs~
 Smiley

Still watching you guys
shino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 August 04, 14:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As some of you may have noticed, i didn't take the our Site off and i never intended to. I posted the way i did for 2 main reason.
1. To give you a big target that feeds your expectation of us.
This part should provoke reaction and worked out pretty well i think.
2. To raise the question "Why is it bad move to keep your old content free even if you go pay?"
That part didn't work as i expected cause, i guess i made the target to preeminent.
So i ask the questions now more direct. Yes we did go to TSR for selfish reasons, but how do you think keeping our free site up is selfish too. I really don't get it, we don't get money out of it, we don't get praised for it, and we have to pay money for it. On top of we restrict the download potential of our sets at TSR and giving you an easy way to get them in your booty. So how is this a selfish and evil move from our side?

My reasons for being here and talk to you despite the fact that expect you to just flame me. I want to know if there is more reason to your actions then just greed, jealousy and the i hate everything attitude that comes naturally with the puberty.
I mean you speak so low of the people the sims community is build on and i don't talk about us in particular. The way i understand you everyone that donates something or subscribes to TSR is an idiot cause he could get it for free. I mean without people donating there would be no MTS2 for example.
And you think creators are your peons who work all day for you.
You talk about the community, hide behind sentences like, we want to protect the community from the evil that paysites are, don't make me laugh. All that drives you is greed. The thing that drives a community is the give and take of its members. You take and take and take and the second somebody stops giving it to you turn into a little child running in circles crying "i want i want i want".
I hope my words weren't too insulting, but i wanted to show you the 2d picture i have of you. I hope you can prove me wrong but i don't expect it.

There are only a few people in this thread i want exclude out of this picture and i want to address some good point made.
First of all the all time favorite you learned it on MTS2 for free and now you want money for it. Of course we took something namely knowledge out of the MTS2 community, but i think we gave something back too, in form of the sets we uploaded and donations.
Then there is you should be willing to spend a little money on your hobbies. As i understand it, one of your hobbies is playing sims, so why aren't you willing to spend some money on it? And if you do something you like and someone gives you money for it why shouldn't you take it.
And last but not least "You don't win friends when you go pay". You don't win friends by paying for them.

ps: to all the flamers posting that you don't bother to post is just stupid and was the entertainment i wanted to get out of my last ps
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 August 04, 14:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then there is you should be willing to spend a little money on your hobbies. As i understand it, one of your hobbies is playing sims, so why aren't you willing to spend some money on it? And if you do something you like and someone gives you money for it why shouldn't you take it.

Actually, uh, I think paying for the games themselves is enough. No one owes YOU any money.

That's enough of that.

Also, I love Pirates of the Carribbean so much I have bought them all, and in the third one, Orlando Bloom is so hot, and Kierra Knightley is so annoying, that even though I have to buy it, I will fast forward through the parts where Kierra is gassing on and on with her one facial expression.

Oh, thank you. I can't stand her, and it makes me sad she'd be paired up with someone like Johnny Depp. (Whom I will never grow tired of, despite his being the most stereotypical object of girls' lust.. besides Brad Pitt.) It also makes me so angry she was cast as Elizabeth in the newer Pride and Prejudice.  :evil:

I need to see the other two POTC movies. Are they worth it, despite my hatred for Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom? Can my lust for Johnny Depp make up for them?
shino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 August 04, 14:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again the same thing is true the other way around
a creator doesn't owe you any of its work.
And you didn't answer the question we need to pay for the game to you know. The point is not that you have to give me money, it's why am i evil if i don't give you something?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: