PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 08:17:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"  (Read 33959 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
« on: 2007 August 03, 15:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so this is largely a TSR bitch and maybe it should have gone on the TSR thread....but this is...well...odd and different and a little disturbing.

Shino and Kansas City Rose started a new site a few months ago called Sims Kitchen. They have some great stuff, including a Pottery Barn dining set that I simply adore. All free, all great, happy days.

Last month, they joined TSR. Became Select Artists...which in my mind put them on the fast track for becoming FAs. However, the SK site remained free with few updates, and after grabbing the first pile of their uploads, I kinda forgot about their TSR minipage.

Well, today, they have become a Feature Artist. Fine. Whatever. It happens. Makes me crazy, but it happens.

THIS is what makes me go 'wait...what?':

They have uploaded two major sets - the Pottery Barn and the dishes/silverware/glassware set.  They're for PAY at TSR, but still FREE on their site....with no announcements and no sense that the items at SK WILL go pay or close or anything.

I'm very confused. And a bit outraged.

Needless to say, ALL of Shino&KSR's 'subscriber content' is being released in the booty ...but WTF???

This makes NO sense to me.

I think I need a pancake on my head.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 03, 15:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Puts pancake on Hecubus' head* Cheesy

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 03, 16:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no clue, I am just as shocked. I am speechless again. Damn twice in one week. LOL

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 03, 16:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

I just had this thought: can you imagine being an innocent Simmer...seeing the Pottery Barn set and deciding to subscribe to get it....downloading it...the clicking on S & K's site link and find they have the SAME SET FOR FREE?

I'd be fucking PISSED...I suspect that would tip me over the edge. If ever there was a situation that might make me become anti-paysite, that might be it.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 03, 16:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edited because I'm stupid today.

Well, this is really depressing.  I can't help feeling cynical about TSR's success in luring new people.  How much are they paying them??

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 03, 16:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe they're confused about what it means to be owned by TSR. they could be trying to subvert the system but it seems unlikely. its probably just a fluke that will be corrected soon. especially when the spies read this thread.

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 03, 16:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a smart move, though. This way, they can get money from TSR, and at the same time no one can complain because "Hey, you can get it for free!". It's the same thing the paysite supporters, or rather the ones who are happy with the status quo, say.

Still, I imagine lots of people are too sheepish to actually leave TRC, much less follow links to websites... so it's no less of an assy thing to do.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 03, 18:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not the least bit surprised. KansasCityRose is a Simbella-ite. Enough said.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 03, 18:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Shino just registered here.  :wink:

Still watching you guys
djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 03, 18:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if they receive payment at TSR based on downloads or if its a flat fee.  Either way TSR is set up for a single subscription price so maybe getting a flat rate payment and having same items for free works out for them and dosen't make them feel like such a jerk....  :?
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 03, 18:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
And Shino just registered here.  :wink:

It's good to know the spy network is still running smoothly.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
shino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 03, 18:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi i'm the admin of simskitchen.
I just wanted to make a statement on why are now on TSR and why we kept our site on. You pay special attention to the word kept cause if you think that it is unfair to give them out for free we just stop it.
Why we did go to TSR?
After we opened our site (simskitchen) i was stunned by amount of downloads we got. Up until today we have 105959 downloads of sets and 56416 hits. We wanted to make a free site with freewill donation. I thought it whould at least pay for the Server costs which aren't that high. I thought their whould be at least 0.1 % of the people willing to support us, but guess how many donations we got up until now 2!!!!!(and they were both friends of us) out of about 10000 people thought they should support us keeping our site free.
So see it from our perspective we work our ass of to get those sets done and now you think we should pay money on top of that so you can enjoy our work. sry but i don't think so.
TSR has many members and hosts us for free and gives us nice incentives on top of that, why should we not accept that offer?
We wanted to keep our freesite up forever and make even updates for it.
I don't think that is unfair, but since you think it is i will take the site offline today.
And again thx to your post we decided to put the site offline.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 03, 18:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, for Pete's sake. Cry me a fucking river!

Still watching you guys
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 03, 18:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe that Hecubus' post is the reason you're taking your free content offline for a second.  You were going to do it anyway, and now you can say "Ooh - all the pirates fault - see how bad they are" because TSR only pays for an exclusive arrangement.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
shino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 03, 18:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no we had an agreement with TSR. About keeping our old sets up on our freesite.
ps: let the flaming begin i want to see something
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: