PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 06:57:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 589791 times)
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #300 on: 2007 January 20, 22:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's rumblings in the ranks now. They can all put on a happy face and be cheery and keep making things for TSR but I'm sure they are starting to question things, even the actions of their mighty ruler.

I'm sure this whole Atwa thing didn't fare well will some of the FAs. What a slap in the face, especially to the good ones that really deserve the title.
« Reply #301 on: 2007 January 20, 22:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Calico Jack"
Such a shame that many who have to try to be a real bastard only come off sounding as pompous and arrogant imbiciles. While your words may hold some truth and in most circumstances would be accurate, in this particular case you have dramatically missed the mark.

Aw, did I pick on your girlfriend?

If she can spit nastiness to people who aren't present, surely she can do it to someone who is. Cheesy
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2007 January 20, 22:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they'd promoted MsBarrows, sgoobyshack (Chris no no no FA stay free) that I could of see. But Atawa? So I can see why all this gossip and speculation. She needs to go back to nursing she cant design. Their (Chris and Ms Barrows)creations worlds above Atawa. But maybe they approached many in the top artist list and they have been turned down. Ms. Barrows she makes a lot of Maxis matching stuff that is downright great. If I was some of them. I'd stop submitting there, and go stay at Free sites Cool . I have not seen Chris add anything for months, I'm assuming he doesn't want to go pay or have TSR make money off of it. I think, disatisfaction among the FAs, and the other artists, will be the best way to take TSR down.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2007 January 20, 22:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Money talks. Once the group starts to crumble TSR is going to have a hard time picking up the pieces. I think they've made some really dumb moves recently and they've gotten away with it with people, but it's starting to add up. Even I've been over there thinking, "What the hell type of decision is that? Are you TRYING to piss everyone off, even your moneymakers?"
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: 2007 January 20, 22:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Money talks. Once the group starts to crumble TSR is going to have a hard time picking up the pieces. I think they've made some really dumb moves recently and they've gotten away with it with people, but it's starting to add up. Even I've been over there thinking, "What the hell type of decision is that? Are you TRYING to piss everyone off, even your moneymakers?"

I agree. And I want to add something. A lot of people are finding out about this site and coming over to out side (slowly but surely) I mean if someone where to sign up as TSR (i would be willing to do this  Cheesy ) And post on the boards with this site in their siggy i mean who knows how that could turn out.    I haven't been in the sims community long (only since the sims 2 first came out) But I already know that TSR isn't doing as good as they want everyone to think.  Me and 2 of my other friends once had a sub their. But a lot of people (that i know) canceled their subs so we did to. I mean if that site goes down I do not wanna go down with it  :shock:

Okee I'm done  Cheesy

tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2007 January 20, 23:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

I mean if that site goes down I do not wanna go down with it  :shock:

That is something similar to what  I said to TSR when I asked them to delete my first account.  Something like.

"Please delete my account, please remove my uploads (which they didn't for a long time).  I don't want to be part of this site.  I don't want to be responsible for paying your mortgage/rent/car.  When the shit hits the fan I don't want to be part of it."

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: 2007 January 20, 23:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"

I mean if that site goes down I do not wanna go down with it  :shock:

That is something similar to what  I said to TSR when I asked them to delete my first account.  Something like.

"Please delete my account, please remove my uploads (which they didn't for a long time).  I don't want to be part of this site.  I don't want to be responsible for paying your mortgage/rent/car.  When the shit hits the fan I don't want to be part of it."

:lol:  You said that?! *Gives you a cookie....like an american cookie*

Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2007 January 20, 23:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooh, a white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie.  Cheesy

I haven't uploaded in a long time over there. To see where the site has gone from the old days really makes me sad.

I have considered trying to get my stuff off there. Really though, I can make new stuff and forget it all.

If EA is going to take up a lawsuit with them it could become a class action and everyone that is a member of TSR might be able to get something in return for TSR burning in hell. Or, EA will make sure we all burn in hell. I'm still over there and active in the Mac forum, because it's really the only good one around for Macs. Guess that makes me fodder.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2007 January 20, 23:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep numbers growing by day Red, and the new server not switched yet. When the booty back up there will be an exodus.

well eventually when your corrupted by your success you become blind as they say. so if I was FA my enthusiasm would be waning. I was looking through retired lists> Betterbesims, Bitsybus, Dee. They were very talented now gone. They evidently saw the light. I think too it gets old for some. I want to do something new. I go through periods I dont play sims. I need a change you know, and do other stuff. Some of these people been there a while, and may want a break from just creating. I mean if Sim Addict, Mustke, Padre, Cashcraft, No frills, Arenaria...all walked they'd be desperate for replacemts. I mean, Arenaria she hasnt created in a while from what I can tell. No frills kind of does more bussiness stuff, and cute original sets. Padre class modern furniture (good recolors too). Mutske has nice little sets too. And Cashcraft she makes the doll house type furniture, even if your not into her stuff, she is one of the few she packs her sets  with lots of fun things). Sim Addict is very versatile to. But like I said before she works for Simchic to. If I was them see someone make bad designs, and get promoted over me who'd been there longer. I'd be be mad, and they give her a position. Nah thats a recipe for disaster!

I wanted to add, the quality at TSR free stuff is low at times. Lots of wallpaper, floors, bad recolors. If the artists walk and they cant get anybody outside TSR they have to fill from bottom ranks, so quality would diminish.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: 2007 January 20, 23:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if I was one of the artists on TSR (FA preferably it would make it sting more )...I would make a couple of things for TSR. Make it semi good. Then I'd go have my own free site and put up all very good sh*t just to piss them off  :twisted:

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Yep numbers growing by day Red, and the new server not switched yet. When the booty back up there will be an exodus.

well eventually when your corrupted by your success you become blind as they say. so if I was FA my enthusiasm would be waning. I was looking through retired lists> Betterbesims, Bitsybus, Dee. They were very talented now gone. They evidently saw the light. I think too it gets old for some. I want to do something new. I go through periods I dont play sims. I need a change you know, and do other stuff. Some of these people been there a while, and may want a break from just creating. I mean if Sim Addict, Mustke, Padre, Cashcraft, No frills, Arenaria...all walked they'd be desperate for replacemts. I mean, Arenaria she hasnt created in a while from what I can tell. No frills kind of does more bussiness stuff, and cute original sets. Padre class modern furniture (good recolors too). Mutske has nice little sets too. And Cashcraft she makes the doll house type furniture, even if your not into her stuff, she is one of the few she packs her sets  with lots of fun things). Sim Addict is very versatile to. But like I said before she works for Simchic to. If I was them see someone make bad designs, and get promoted over me who'd been there longer. I'd be be mad, and they give her a position. Nah thats a recipe for disaster!

Oh I'd be pissed too. I wonder why nobody over at TSR has ever noticed that some of the FA's getting appointed have crappy sh*t? Dumb sheep. I think its safe to say that TSR only attracts stupid people and pirates

:twisted:

Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2007 January 20, 23:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. That's what I mean. Rumblings in the ranks. FAs have got to be rethinking things.

I could see how you could get burned out from such a high creativity thing. High expectations, probably certain quotas to meet. I know I couldn't be steady as a creator because I work full-time and RL takes its toll and I'll go days or weeks without playing sims. And sometimes I go through a total disinterest phase and go find some book to read or PlayStation game to get into. Then I'll come back. There's no way anyone can continue to pump stuff out at that rate and keep up the quality.

I still see noboy artists over there that do nicer stuff than some FAs, especially Atwa, and they're not promoted yet. Not even to SA. Some people really aspire to be something over there because you can be. If you like to compete and like to be considered the best and bask in the spotlight, it's a good start. Plus, some folks want to share their stuff but don't or can't set up their own site.

Feelings have been hurt all around and I don't see a band-aid in site.

Now if I was one of the artists on TSR (FA preferably it would make it sting more )...I would make a couple of things for TSR. Make it semi good. Then I'd go have my own free site and put up all very good sh*t just to piss them off
:twisted:

Hey, that's what I was going to do.  :lol: Darn, I tried to edit this and it messed up the quote totally. Sorry all.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2007 January 20, 23:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder how they feeel when Sim Addict did that one bedroom series for Simchic, the 1001 Arabian nights, kind of neat based off the expensive velvet pet bed, then turned around and released free that storybook set at MTS2? She then brings it over at TSR releases it with bad recolors. Now I see theres a matching nursery set. But just looking at her recolors, I don't think her heart was in it. Simaddict may be loosing enthusiam or close to burn out.

Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2007 January 20, 23:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One leads to another. I like Simaddict's stuff too. But, I'd lose my enthusiasm too if suddenly the second-raters were promoted to a level you tried really hard to get to. God, that's got to make you feel like shit. Actually, it does. I've been there at work. It's hard to scrape yourself off the floor and put your heart into it again.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2007 January 21, 09:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"
Aw, did I pick on your girlfriend?

This was the best that you can do after all that bitching about 'class' and yadda yadda yadda? You only proved Calico Jack's initial point at any rate.

Quote from: "Renatus"
If she can spit nastiness to people who aren't present, surely she can do it to someone who is. Cheesy

Not if you're not worth my time.  :wink:

Moving on to better things...

It's kinda hard to classify what second-rate is at TSR considering the horribly low standard set by the majority of the FAs.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
« Reply #314 on: 2007 January 21, 10:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to teach you how to sound intelligent when you insult people, and instead you get pissy that I'm picking on you. Oh, Internets!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: