PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:38:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586226 times)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #315 on: 2007 January 21, 10:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ren I thought she was the instructor :roll:

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2007 January 21, 16:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it is pretty squishy over at TSR when trying to draw a line between first-rate and second-rate. It was a little cleaner cut before Thomas started promoting anyone just so more stuff would be pay only. I think it's really sad he's gotten so desperate that he's pulling people with icky stuff into the FA pool. To me, having 5 really good FAs and maybe a couple ones that could improve is good. So much trash has been added now that it's hard to see the gems under all that crap. And now there's so much nobody would want to pay for. It drags down the rep of the good FAs.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2007 January 21, 16:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had my doubts about the FA system though, ever since Buntah was made one...it seemed to me that if you spammed enough and regularly, you were a dead cert to become an FA...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2007 January 21, 16:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the requirements is regular and steady submissions. At least, that's what Thomas wrote in a thread he made about how FAs become FAs. It was clear as mud but I do remember the steady stream of "good quality" items a plus for getting your foot in the door.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2007 January 21, 21:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
If EA is going to take up a lawsuit with them it could become a class action

That's not how class action suits work. There's also not much customer protection for buying stolen/bootlegged goods. The little that exists applies to unknowingly purchasing them, which is knocked out via everyone having signed the EULA.
Not to mention you'd be trying to get money out of TSR after EA was through getting their money back. Stones only bleed so much.

Those uploading or downloading from TSR wouldn't be sued, by the way- EA would have to be criminally insane / the RIAA to do that.
The FAs are a separate issue, and would depend entirely on EA's mercy if they ignored the Cease and Desist.

Quote from: "jesserocket"
I've always had my doubts about the FA system though, ever since Buntah was made one...it seemed to me that if you spammed enough and regularly, you were a dead cert to become an FA...

I don't see her on the lists- was she demoted?

Regardless, it's to TSR's advantage to promote people who are popular, but will take very low FA pay. Good CCC usually know what they're worth, and fight harder to get it.
Sure, hey may have crap quality, but it encourages the little people to work harder and not complain as much when one of the headhunted goes directly to FA. It also gives the illusion that there's more bang for your subscription buck...even though you were already getting their content for free.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2007 January 21, 21:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buntah is retired.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2007 January 21, 22:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MsBarrows was retired but has returned as an SA. Something must have happened there.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2007 January 22, 01:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Buntah is retired.

Ah, ok. I remembered seeing her in the rotation at some point, but her name isn't in the retired section. Hence, confusion.

Is her stuff entirely gone? I suppose it could be in the TSR Archive, but that's a trainwreck.
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2007 January 27, 20:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Buntah is retired.

Ah, ok. I remembered seeing her in the rotation at some point, but her name isn't in the retired section. Hence, confusion.

Is her stuff entirely gone? I suppose it could be in the TSR Archive, but that's a trainwreck.

She has her own site now. It's pay :shock:  with some free stuff. get the link at simsconnection.com
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2007 January 28, 00:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Blue meant she retired from TSR not the community. Linda's site (Buntah) is here http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/sims2/.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 2007 January 28, 09:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting to see who their promoting next to replace *Fresh Prince*?Netseeker?

I see too their now spamming us there with EA ads. Tongue
i guess you are getting hit in the pocket Thomas now the booty's back. A lot of unsubscribers, so you got to opt for more ads?
 Tongue

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Max_The_Repairman
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2007 February 01, 06:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
Now if I was one of the artists on TSR (FA preferably it would make it sting more )...I would make a couple of things for TSR. Make it semi good. Then I'd go have my own free site and put up all very good sh*t just to piss them off  :twisted:

Heck, if -I- was one of the artists and had the talent to back it up and get into an FA spot, I'd make some things, put them up on TSR, then release the same things on every goddamn free site I could find simultaneously. What're they gonna do, sue me?

Better, if someone could convince a critical mass of the FAs to do that... could they possibly try to cease-and-desist every free site out there?
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2007 February 02, 16:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently they're going to offer "high quality" sets from the FAs for free now. Woo! I'm just dancing in my seat with that news. Actually, I think I guffawed at the screen and came here after I read that. *shrugs*

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2007 February 02, 16:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "blackmars"
Apparently they're going to offer "high quality" sets from the FAs for free now. Woo! I'm just dancing in my seat with that news. Actually, I think I guffawed at the screen and came here after I read that. *shrugs*

Please can I ask, where did you get that snippit of information from?

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
lozzy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2007 February 02, 16:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"
Please can I ask, where did you get that snippit of information from?

From the news on the front page: http://www.thesimsresource.com/news.php?ID=2501
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: