PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 06:25:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Take a look at this!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Take a look at this!  (Read 73244 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #120 on: 2007 August 15, 04:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*throws popcorn to everyone - here have some rum too!  Dances on the table...woohoo what a party*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #121 on: 2007 August 15, 04:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MIKEY"
Quote from: "Pescado"
In Soviet Russia, dead horse beats YOU!

That means a lot coming from a Nation State that had to line up for ass-wipe for decades...

you don't know what a meme is do you?

Seriously. The day that they officially support paysites, is the day that I uninstall all of my Sims games and never buy another piece of EA crap.

for me, that's the day i stop buying ea games and download them for free from torrent sites instead.
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #122 on: 2007 August 15, 04:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks that someone who claimed to be nothing more than amused by any of this, has ultimately popped a vein.
*grabs some popcorn, some rum, and other stuff.  Puts lampshade on head*

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #123 on: 2007 August 15, 04:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
*throws popcorn to everyone - here have some rum too!  Dances on the table...woohoo what a party*

Just don't pass out while dancing on that table.......hate to try and explain your broken body to Pescado..........

*Looks in wallet, pulls out some $20.00's .......hmmm...should I?* :lol:

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #124 on: 2007 August 15, 04:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhmmm - $20?  Surely, you are kidding.  I'm high maintenance, $20 won't even cover "hello".   :lol:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
FrenchOnion
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #125 on: 2007 August 15, 05:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very glad to see that you guys aren't shaken by that silly EULA hoopla here and at SC2. Those anti PSMB people are too funny.

.... Uhm, HI?...the exchange, only here...in a much more usable format and specifically for the files that were previously being held for ransom by human debris calling themselves ARTists. Yeahp, that's PSMB allrighty! Cheesy

Does it hurt them to be THAT stupid. No, really, does it? Sad
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #126 on: 2007 August 15, 05:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hon, a little word before someone uses you for a medicine ball. Paysites Must Be Destroyed, it translates out to PMBD. And armywife, if you don't get down from there, I'm taking the brownies and running!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #127 on: 2007 August 15, 05:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer stirred not shaken.  Anywho, before someone tags you for it, it's PMBD.  *Here have some rum and join the party..*

I love the new shady FreakyBooty!!!

Edit: Chocolate...you brought chocolate?  Chocolate = Female Prozac

You just want me to get off the table because you want it - the table that is - hand over the chocolate.

FrenchOnion
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #128 on: 2007 August 15, 05:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! You expect me to be able to spell and get my acronyms straight AND drink... :shock:  could be a little more than I can handle. Tongue Sorry Dudes Cheesy

(P.S. We really ARE supposed to be actually drinking along at home, right?? :shock: )  

:lol:

OOps! Where are my manners?! Thanks for the rum! Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #129 on: 2007 August 15, 05:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only want the table so I can set the goodies out on it! Brownies, cookies, summer melons, suicide punch, rum, sandwiches with deviled ham (rye bread, btw), popcorn balls, rum, sorbet, sherbert, fudge, divinity, rum... Not to mention rum-soaked watermelon.... rum-raisin icecream.... Hey, I can dream! Now move it or it all stays in the containers!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
hippiechic
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #130 on: 2007 August 15, 05:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't post here very often but I just wanted to share this with all of you. Back in July I posted a theory/ paranoia on SFV about EA and TSR and it just seems like with this change with the EULA my theory may actually come true.  Here is what I wrote.

Bohohippiechic wrote:
I hate to say this and I don't mean to be a killjoy but am I the only one who thinks that TSR will never be shut down because they are paying EA. I mean TSR has been featured at the official sims site countless times since the Sims 1 days and EA has even invited members from that site to Sim premieres and such. Yes we have gotten letters from EA saying that sims creations can't be sold etc. etc. but are they really going to shut down a site that is giving them a kickback? I for one would love to see TSR destroyed, maimed, mangled and just over all GONE but I honestly don't think thats ever going to happen.  Also (this is my paranoia showing) I think that TSR is going around to paysites and buying them off because EA will soon be targeting the paysites that don't pay them. So rather then have the creator of a small paysite (birgit for example) pay EA, TSR just buys her off, her stuff stays available, and EA still gets there money. I hope that made sense its very late and I have mush brain at the moment lol

and here is what myself and another member said

JohnnyChimpo wrote:
I don't understand how people cannot see that TSR and EA are thick as thieves. Steve (the owner of TSR) gets exclusive previews everything Sims related, often on EA's dime. Why in the world would they do that if they planned on shutting them down? I honestly think that you guys are putting too much stock into that letter. It was written by someone in their legal department, not a lawyer. Probably not even a paralegal.

Bohohippiechic wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I have a theory about TSR and EA. I think EA is going to buy TSR. TSR will then become the only official Sims custom content site (kinda like the exchange but with a monthly subscription fee) and anyone caught sharing items from TSR will then be stealing from EA. I know it sounds like a paranoia but think about it.

I'm not going to pretend to completely understand the legalize of the EULA and such because frankly I'm going to fileshare either way. However, if EA was planning on buying TSR and keeping it as a subscribtion site (so they can get there continued kick back) wouldn't they first have to make a change so that pay sites would be ok? I would really like some of your opinions on this.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #131 on: 2007 August 15, 05:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEEDS MOAR CONSPIRACY!!!!

Oh, and I'm glad MIKEY's true personality was immortalised here for everyone to see.  Great business man and joker eh?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #132 on: 2007 August 15, 06:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "hippiechic"

I'm not going to pretend to completely understand the legalize of the EULA and such because frankly I'm going to fileshare either way. However, if EA was planning on buying TSR and keeping it as a subscribtion site (so they can get there continued kick back) wouldn't they first have to make a change so that pay sites would be ok? I would really like some of your opinions on this.

Anything's possible, I suppose. However, if EA bought TSR and was selling their own product through it then no, they would not have to change their EULA. EA is the creator of the EULA and as such is not bound to it in the same way that the rest of us are.

I don't really see EA wanting to take on TSR as it's own business though, as that place would need a major, major clean up (copyright infringement everywhere, loads of unmonitored buggy downloads even from their top "artists", not to mention the incredibly poor consumer service). As well, EA would end up being responsible for these issues in a way they don't have to be now (tough for them to say that you can't make any complaints to them about pay CC or its distributor when they actually ARE the distributor).

Despite the advanced knowledge that TSR claims to have (they have been around for a while and so likely do still have some friends, especially from Maxis days, who are willing to send them info), and this new supposedly paysite friendly EULA, keep in mind that when we make CC we are still working under the original EULA that we agreed to. The new EULA hasn't been attached to anything that could be used to actually make any custom content (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it has been), and it would be next to impossible for EA to try and get people to sign a new agreement that has jurisdiction over the original Sims or Bodyshop at this stage. As I read it I didn't think it gave the carte blanche to paysites that TSR and others seem to think it has either. I think it was really more of an attempt on EA's part to remove themselves from an argument that they don't want to be part of or deal with.
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #133 on: 2007 August 15, 10:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, no speak english

Sehr interessant, nachdem ich die "neue" EUla durchgelesen habe, habe ich auf agree geklickt, also zugestimmt und bin auf dem DL für den Manager gelandert, was für mich bedeutet, diese angeblich neue Eula gehört zu der Software Manager, was auch erklärt, dass weder von Tools noch Materialien gesprochen wird und was auch erklärt, dass auf Websiten - egal ob free oder pay - überhaupt kein Bezug genommen wird. Ich fürchte :lol: , was das Spiel Sims2 anbelangt und die Optionen für das Basteln, da gibt es wohl nach wie vor nur die EULA, die mit dem Spiel mitkommt und der wir als Bastler zugestimmt haben (allerdings nicht alle Bastler).

Sorry :oops:

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #134 on: 2007 August 15, 10:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the best babelfish can do without our lovely German pirates.

Very interesting, after I read the "new" EUla, I agree on clicked, thus agreed and am gelandert on the DL for the manager, which means for me, this allegedly new Eula belonged to the software manager, what also explains that neither of Tools nor materials it is spoken and which also explain that on Websiten - all the same whether free or pay - at all no purchase one takes. I am afraid, what concerns the play Sims2 and gives the options for tinkering, there it probably still only the EULA, which comes along with the play and which we agreed as amateur handicraftsmen (however not all amateur handicraftsmen).

Roxelane: Es ist nicht vollkommen, aber Sie können diesen Übersetzer benutzen http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: