PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:06:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 589593 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1800 on: 2007 September 16, 16:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Redikolous"

Thank you, neriana, for not capitalizing.  I wonder if they do monitor the PMs.  Maybe one of us should test it?  Send a PM with the link in it?

Yes and if they do not do that already, then they will now ¬.¬ Great move to give them more ideas, yeesha /head desk/

And guys dont talk about your own or other peoples usernames (at TSR/paysites). They are only going to ban you all and thats just pointless

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: 2007 September 16, 18:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

Well if you'd like to know exactly what she did for them:
Gamasutra - Features - "Postmortem: Postmortem: Pseudo ... The story behind Cel Damage is long, winding, and harrowing, ... And because Cel Damage is our first published title, its story is also the story of our ...
www.gamasutra.com/features/20020227/wu_01.htm

You have to register, but then you can contact them.

I love reading Game Postmortems as I find them a great way to get the info on everything that went on during game development and any problems that might have been had. While there is no way to tell what she did during the making of or for the game from this (if I was curious and knew her real name I suppose I could look her up at mobygames, as they would list her actual position there if she was semi-important...Note: I do not want to know her real name), there was one paragraph that I found very, very interesting. The paragraph is as follows:

As we already mentioned, we switched to a new publisher halfway through development. Going from Microsoft to EA was a mixed blessing. While we were able to improve gameplay and develop our own IP, we lost both our financial backing and our internal focus at a crucial time in the project. We were also forced to reinvent all of our art assets to avoid an IP conflict with Microsoft. (http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20020227/wu_03.htm)
 :lol:
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: 2007 September 16, 18:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"

Snip....And guys dont talk about your own or other peoples usernames (at TSR/paysites). They are only going to ban you all and thats just pointless

This is what I don't get.  Why are people trying to be banned?  It doesn't prove anything.    :roll:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1803 on: 2007 September 16, 19:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"

Snip....And guys dont talk about your own or other peoples usernames (at TSR/paysites). They are only going to ban you all and thats just pointless

This is what I don't get.  Why are people trying to be banned?  It doesn't prove anything.    :roll:

I think they were seeing if using pm's at tsr to send the link to PMBD would result in getting banned to test if tsr was monitoring privates messages.  Unfortunately, by posting their user names here they're already on their way to accomplishing that.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1804 on: 2007 September 16, 20:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ValancySterling"
Quote from: "keirra"

I think they were seeing if using pm's at tsr to send the link to PMBD would result in getting banned to test if tsr was monitoring privates messages.  Unfortunately, by posting their user names here they're already on their way to accomplishing that.

Hasn't that already been proven before? It's still a silly thing to do no matter if you are trying to prove anything or not.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: 2007 September 16, 21:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
Quote from: "missangelica"
Since my computer is currently "the ded," I almost feel like half a woman or something.  It's strange.  I don't have the MOAR FIGHT spirit within me anymore.  /*emo*

Aw, cheer up, emo kid!

We are glad you are back. Have rum!

Thanks for the rum.  I know I waited ten pages to respond but my mind has been on other things.

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Oh, and lulz at the 'half a woman' comment! When my back FIRST went out at the end of December, I spent about three weeks without the computer, until I resigned myself to a bigger problem and had my nephew move my computer next to my bed. I felt renewed! Meanwhile, miss a, is there a new puter in the pipeline? Repairs? Or are you stuck posting via someone else's non-simmified computer for a while?

The computer repairs have been a long hard road.  I may have been on computers since I was 4 and now I'm almost 22 but that knowledge is on the software side of things.  Hardware is so much different.  

When this all started it was just my computer restarting itself, seemingly randomly.  It progressed into the computer restarting itself and saying that it had recovered from a serious error, a memory leak.  Usually this is the cause of a program but I was never able to pinpoint what was doing it.  One day instead of restarting, it froze and never unfroze itself.  My computer from then on just kept going to the loading screen and then restarting, over and over.  

This computer is an Emachine and they gimped me by giving me a restore disk that only had the option to reformat the drive and start all over.  It had no recovery console like a Microsoft recovery disk does.  I ended up having to get a enclosable drive to move a fraction of my files from my hard drive onto my dad's so I could do a clean reinstall of xp home.  

When I finally reinstalled, it would freeze during the set up of the computer where you set your timezone, keyboard settings, etc.  I found out later that it was because that it was trying to connect to the internet.  At the time I thought the restore disks were corrupted so we ordered a new set.  However, this set was different from what I had and it wouldn't even allow me to complete the reinstall.  At about 10% it would give me a BSOD that said, IRQL_not_less_or_equal.  Even pulling out everything unnecessary in the computer could not stop this error.  With much of my hair already pulled, I decided to do a search on why the original disks were making the setup freeze on the "name your computer" screen.  It was trying to connect to the internet so I reinstalled with the original disks and I put the ethernet card back in and much to my relief, it went through.  So, after nearly a month, I finally made it back to the desktop.

The rejoice quickly faded as the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and 0x8e errors sporadically kept popping up.  It also wouldn't let me install the driver for my video card.  It kept on telling me the driver setup I downloaded from Nvidia was corrupted.  I tried re-downloading it many times but to no success.  I pulled the video card out and the computer seemed to stabilize a bit more but the errors still came.  I have been able to uninstall things that came preloaded on the computer but every setup I've tried to do, it either doesn't appear or it BSODs on me.

Ok, gonna ask the stupid here, it's time for my weekly dumb question any how. Miss A, could it by any stretch of the imagination be the motherboard and processor?

As it stands, it seems the motherboard is busted.  It is not regulating the virtual ram or the ram sticks correctly.  The virtual ram is used up when there is only the "bare bones" of programs running.  I keep getting the errors: stop 000000x8e, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, and irql_not_less_or_equal.  

The sound on the motherboard is also broken for sure.  I had to disable it in BIOS.

Other troubleshooting I have done include returning BIOS to default (optimized settings), clearing the CMOS, taking the sticks out and clearing their gold contacts, blowing out the computer..

Any suggestions are welcome.

ETA:  666th post :!:

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1806 on: 2007 September 16, 22:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has happened to three of our computers (Gateway and eMachines) the sudden switching off, in all three cases, it was a fried motherboard. Could not repair the Gateway, as it was proprietary..the only option was to toss it in the recycle bin. Which I did. The other computer was so elderly, we also tossed it into the recycle system (our town has an annual computer recycle day) but the last one, my daughter and I replaced the motherboard all by ourselves! Cost us about 60 dollars, from tigerdirect.com.  Cool

Still watching you guys
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1807 on: 2007 September 17, 00:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "not less than or equal error" is probably NVidia-related. Geek Squad installed the wrong drivers for my NVidia card and it spammed up blue screens and RAID disk failure errors (!!) until the drivers were corrected.

Don't know if this will help you, but it may give you a place to look.

Try Major Geeks, they are good at defucking computers.

Also, if your machine is a lappy, try to get your driver from the laptop manufacturer, not NVidia.

Make sure no one has put the wrong drivers on your machine, that's my advice. If you're running XP, and some tard puts a Vista-specific driver on your rig (*cough cough* Geeks Squad n00bz! *cough*), it will spawn some of the errors you're mentioning. Sometimes driver sites are not helpful about clearly defining which OS they are configured for, so it can be an innocent mistake, and one that is fairly easy to fix.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: 2007 September 17, 03:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
So they haven't banned Kari yet and now they have a thread they can brandish when they get accused of not allowing people to express their opinions.  :roll:
It was certainly educational in some respects. I had not heard Steve say anything on the issue, but it seems that he deserves at least as much hate as Thom-arse gets. Good to see he's as honourable as our other friends at Save The Sims.

That DOT is a treasure. :roll:
Nope, they haven't banned me. But then, you notice I tried super-hard to keep it clean and not really make it about TSR. (Except for the FA payment comment...I'm sorry, DOT, don't give me that "TSR and I have the same goals and that's why I'm here" bullshit. You're there for the $$$).

Perhaps they've figured out that banning the civil ones makes them look like dicks.

And agreed, Steve's comments made me hurl. I was at my parents' in Indiana this weekend (visit every couple months), and my mom heard me cussing his post out. Daily calls to EA and EA Legal my ass. And again, calls are great, but they mean bunk in the end. You need it in writing...which "we" have, thank you. Needless to say, my parents got a run down on paysites, copyright validity, and end user agreements.

Quote from: "shani"
Do TSR read your PM's? {truncated} so I sent a PM to kariminger for the link to this site (shit, I was far too tired last night to come up with any postive google results but managed to find this site this morning).  I find it strange that within a few hours of sending the PM, I was also banned from the forums as well.
Considering the fact that I got no PM, I'd say yeah, they do. Surprise surprise.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: 2007 September 17, 04:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heard the saying... "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" Huh as said by Steve.

Steve if you're reading this...I'm biting TSR right in its goddamned ass. What a load of shite from those sheep. Bitter debate? No, it wouldn't be bitter if they would get their sticks out of their asses.

As for MsBarrows. Alot of people work in game development and most of them can't tell you squat about the EULA only what they do. So most of her blabbing is hot air and FA-ass kissing.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: 2007 September 17, 19:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About going out and deliberatly getting yourselves banned: Grow the fuck up... It's this kind of crap that gets tossed around and fingers pointed at us, because someone takes childish glee in getting banned and seeing what they can get away with. If you're gonna do something, do it with a sense of style, out of the ordinary, not because you were open enough to post the fucking clues for dickheaded spies to see! Don't EVER furnish an enemy with information, duh! Had you kept your accounts pristine and untracable, you could have had many yoks and been able to give heads-up information on bullshit they're saying. As it is, you've fucked yourself over on that. And really, what kind of thrill is it to be thrown out of the book shop for wanking off in the aisles? I've seen that kind of behaviour from teen boys and frankly expected better of you... I'm disappointed.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: 2007 September 17, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I AM SORRY! What more can I say? I didn't think! A human error!
What I don't understand is, if TSR is so much hated, then what's the difference if people get benned or not? And obviously there are to many spies here because I haven't been banned! I'm still up and running!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: 2007 September 17, 19:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand human errror. What I'm not understanding is the thrill of being banned. And you would be surprised at how many of them there are here, just because you are still up and running. They may be waiting to see how far down your throat that you stick your foot, you know? As for TSR having a right to sell content, all I have to say is that when they have a license agreement with EA Games and I can pick the CD up at the local Wally World and it comes with all the rights of customer satisfaction and guarantees, I still won't buy it because it will probably be loaded with Atwat shit. Even if it wasn't, why should I patronize assholes like Steve and Thoma$$ who get their bread selling illegal content in the first place? No legal form from EA means TSR is illegal, to my mind. So, Steve and Tommy Ho? Shuddafugup!! If I can't buy the same thing in the store as I can from your site, it's ain't worth shit. Now go way, you make my cat sneeze!

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1813 on: 2007 September 17, 19:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lollipop"
I AM SORRY! What more can I say?

That you'll do my laundry for starters...

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: 2007 September 17, 20:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil damn duck... I was gonna say start the bar-b-que pit...

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: