PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 18:27:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 13 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 626674 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1770 on: 2007 September 15, 18:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Redikolous"

I couldn't even finish that closing statement.

Well, then you missed the part where Steve called anyone who says they have talked to EA legal a liar.   How many people here have talked to them? Hawkgirl, for one I know.  Didn't know you were a liar Hawkgirl.  

That was meant sarcastically before anyone jumps on me.  So there. And, yes, I know I picked small, not tiny font.  I hate that tiny font thing

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
piratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: 2007 September 15, 18:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I was all fired up and going to post in that thread this morning, only to find it locked (which was no surprise AT ALL and I'm surprised they let it go for as long as it did. In fact I'm surprised they didn't just delete the whole thread and if anyone asked about it say booty link? What booty link? No booty link here!).

Anywho, my theory is this: EA may have a neutral stance on charging for content (judging by their non-action thus far) but they are clearly in favor of file-sharing. One trip through the horror that is the exchange will yield plenty of pay-content uploaded to sims and houses. A quick traipse through the official BBS (if you can tolerate the 12-ness) in a "Where can I find dis hairz plz" thread has at least one and usually more folks advocating the booty, complete with (non-deleted!) links.

So basically, STFU tsr.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 2007 September 15, 19:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the more they make it out to be as if they are affliated with EA, the more it gets into the open, the better it is for us. Let's hope they do this really often. EA does not want it this kind of publicity. When you have a site breaking everyone's copyrights pretending to be affliated/close to/ allowed by EA, someone's bound to get irriated somewhere.  :wink:

Inactive
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: 2007 September 15, 20:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they haven't banned Kari yet and now they have a thread they can brandish when they get accused of not allowing people to express their opinions.  :roll:
It was certainly educational in some respects. I had not heard Steve say anything on the issue, but it seems that he deserves at least as much hate as Thom-arse gets. Good to see he's as honourable as our other friends at Save The Sims.

That DOT is a treasure. :roll:

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 2007 September 15, 21:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, that whole thing was a load of crap. Really saying that every correspondence anyone here has had with EA is a lie. Well what I would like to know where is his proof that he deals with them on a regular basis?  
   If tsr has such a good relationship with EA the why doesn't EA come out and make a statement in tsr's favor?
   Ack, I really have to fight the urge to post the whole stupid thing from Steve here and pick it a part.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: 2007 September 15, 22:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm of the opinion that they locked it so that certain of their own people wouldn't be able to post anymore and make their creators all look like condescending divas, or that people might give the other side's argument too much merit, but what do I know.

I wasn't expecting it to stay up so long or at all, hence my wall of words, lol.  :oops:   All they need to do is call or write EA themselves for any kind of verification.  Why don't they?  Or have they and they didn't like what they heard?  They're to take Steve's last word for it?  He's pulling a paycheck from that site, so it has zero credence for me.

The JRon comment is hilarious.  Interesting experiment, tho.  Took forever to find my password!   :x

PS - forgot to thank Kari for her compliment in that thread, shame on me!  Thank you, Kari.   Cheesy

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
piratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 2007 September 16, 00:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shani"
Do TSR read your PM's?

I wouldn't be surprised if they "monitored" the account of anyone who posted in the thread in support of PMBD.

Quote from: "The tsr forum rools sez"
Also, while we grant our users the utmost discretion and freedom, there is no guaranteed right of free speech (or right toward anything else, for that matter) in this community, and we make no guarantees at all about its operation, its moderation or its policies; the Forum is operated solely at the leisure of the Forum administrators, in their free time, and no user is guaranteed the right to be here as a participant.

They fight so dirty they may well have read kari's PM's and found you that way.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: 2007 September 16, 01:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"there is no guaranteed right of free speech (or right toward anything else, for that matter) in this community"

They are a business. Their customers do have rights, no matter how much tsr asserts otherwise.

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 2007 September 16, 01:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
"there is no guaranteed right of free speech (or right toward anything else, for that matter) in this community"

They are a business. Their customers do have rights, no matter how much tsr asserts otherwise.

Thank you, neriana, for not capitalizing.  I wonder if they do monitor the PMs.  Maybe one of us should test it?  Send a PM with the link in it?

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 2007 September 16, 01:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redikolous what a ridiculously wonderful idea! But who would do it?
piratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: 2007 September 16, 01:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll do it, who should I send it to?
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 2007 September 16, 02:03:30 »