PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 17:41:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 626612 times)
piratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1785 on: 2007 September 16, 02:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pleasure! :lol:

*tinfoil hat time*

If tsr folk read this thread, and we pretty much know they do, then maybe they'll see your name, and they'll check your PM's, and they'll find me, and then they can ban us both that way because lord forbid we resist their ways privately.

Well, I also have two accounts there (by accident I swear! From when you had to register seperately for the website and the forum!) so they could always just ban me for that too. I would be so heartborken, where would I get my game-breaking advice from? Or my group-wank satisfaction??  :shock:
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 2007 September 16, 02:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I second Redikolous you two are great.
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 2007 September 16, 02:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know who is MsBarrows aka Queen of Idiocy?
Yes, some pay artists create versions of copyrighted characters - but then so do free artists. *Looks at all the versions of Disney characters and TV show actors on MTS2 as one randomly selected example*.

See, unlike a lot of people, I've actually worked in game development, as in "earned money to work on computer games as a level designer and as a 3D Artist", so unlike oh, say, you and the people who run the booty, I have at least half a clue about what terms like "intellectual property", "copyright", "copyright infringement", and "fair use" are about.
Yeah right... maybe the arrogant idiot should take a look at the fair use legislation.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 2007 September 16, 02:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are awsome??? I know! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :lol:

I have a second secret account there too! So they ban me from one, I still have the other! LOL...! Do you know how many new people are there?
Let find me! ROFLMAO!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
piratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 2007 September 16, 02:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"
Yes, some pay artists create versions of copyrighted characters - but then so do free artists. *Looks at all the versions of Disney characters and TV show actors on MTS2 as one randomly selected example*.

See, unlike a lot of people, I've actually worked in game development, as in "earned money to work on computer games as a level designer and as a 3D Artist", so unlike oh, say, you and the people who run the booty, I have at least half a clue about what terms like "intellectual property", "copyright", "copyright infringement", and "fair use" are about.
Yeah right... maybe the arrogant idiot should take a look at the fair use legislation.

No, no, no, I think you missed the point. It's ok for tsr to use licensed characters because they are BFF with EA, and MsBarrows knows absolutely everything about the entire universe.  :roll:

STFU tsr. Especially you, MsBarrows.
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 2007 September 16, 03:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well according to her profile at tsr, she worked on a game named Cel Damage which was published by EA. The way she words it in her profile it was her game, but what she did could be as small as going back over code and looking for glitches. She also said she has another unpublished game under her belt.  Now I do not believe that she did much on this game especially not level design. I have looked around before and you have to have a extensive resume to get hired on at most software companies. With only having two games to her credit I highly doubt that she was given much to do during the production of that game.  Either way having been involved with the production of that game I find it hard to believe she is cool with taking other companies ( Ea in this cases) copyrights and selling them  :roll:
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 2007 September 16, 03:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LilyLocksley"
Well according to her profile at tsr, she worked on a game named Cel Damage which was published by EA. The way she words it in her profile it was her game, but what she did could be as small as going back over code and looking for glitches. She also said she has another unpublished game under her belt.  Now I do not believe that she did much on this game especially not level design. I have looked around before and you have to have a extensive resume to get hired on at most software companies. With only having two games to her credit I highly doubt that she was given much to do during the production of that game.  Either way having been involved with the production of that game I find it hard to believe she is cool with taking other companies ( Ea in this cases) copyrights and selling them  :roll:

Well if you'd like to know exactly what she did for them:
Gamasutra - Features - "Postmortem: Postmortem: Pseudo ... The story behind Cel Damage is long, winding, and harrowing, ... And because Cel Damage is our first published title, its story is also the story of our ...
www.gamasutra.com/features/20020227/wu_01.htm

You have to register, but then you can contact them.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 2007 September 16, 04:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks HawkGirl, I don't really care, but someone asked and I thought I would do a little looking around. Although I would think that having worked in game design she would know a little more about copyrights and such.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 2007 September 16, 05:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She apparently thinks actors are copyrighted. :roll:

Here's a quote from a review of Cel Damage, by the way: "Only in Cel Damage does a guy with an axe beat out a gatling gun." That's from Game Informer, which gave it a  5/10.

Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 2007 September 16, 10:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
She apparently thinks actors are copyrighted. :roll:

Here's a quote from a review of Cel Damage, by the way: "Only in Cel Damage does a guy with an axe beat out a gatling gun." That's from Game Informer, which gave it a  5/10.

Cel Damage as in Brain Cell Damage? That would explain... :twisted:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 2007 September 16, 11:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"

What Barrows does not seem to (ever) want to acknowledge is the DIFFERENCE between a paysite employee who is out to make a profit off of someone else's copyrighted material, and a free artist who is not.

*points and giggles at all the TSR employees who's stuff is in the BOOTY*
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1796 on: 2007 September 16, 13:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the clever people who want to test the shit repository PM system,  :roll:  they do read this site. They have never failed to respond to anything posted here, except complaints that ATWAT is shit. Actually giving them one of the usernames involved was not smart. Try a PM here next time you want to set something up.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 2007 September 16, 14:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep! Your right! I need to start keeping my mouth shut!
piratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 2007 September 16, 16:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was kind of the idea, I thought. They would see the username here and then immediately fun back to happyfunland--I mean the tsr forum  :roll: , and read the PMs and ban us.

As of now I'm not banned yet, but I don't know about lollipop.
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 2007 September 16, 16:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope! Not yet! Still there!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: