PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 02:23:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite Alert
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite Alert  (Read 39068 times)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #120 on: 2007 May 06, 22:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rickets: I pronounced that how it looks and it's not too bad.

Becky: Well, not the "Ca" as in "Cairn". That would make my name ick. Tongue Ca-r. Not Cair. ^^^^

Pescado: I know someone (by association) called Richard Head. The poor sod. His parents didn't realise until it was way too late...
(Out of insolent curiosity, I desperately want to know what your name actually is. Feel free to attack me for being stupid, or something, or because I'm not awesome enough to know or whatever. If it's hidden somewhere I'll find out. ^^ However, it's something boring like John...*shakes head in regret*)

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #121 on: 2007 May 07, 03:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friends and acquaintances:

Mirhi = Mah Rye Ah
Ziana = Zy Knee
Jerimey= Jeremy
Schulyer=Sky Lar
Siobhan=Shuh Vahhn

etc.

Though there was a kid I went to high school with who was so incredibly dim that he regularly misspelled his own name as "Micheal".

A friend of mine has other people misspell her name as "Shelia" constantly.

My own name has been misspelled so often that it irks. The common misspelling is to put "e"s in it when it has none. Nevermind what it actually is, I don't give out my first name online if I don't have to. Smiley And why someone couldn't cut and paste it when replying to me always baffled me.

The constant mangling of my name's spelling, however, is why I go by a nickname online friends chose for me ages ago ("Milla") online and off these days, as it is harder to spell incorrectly, but pronouncing it (Mee Lah) can be a challenge for some.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #122 on: 2007 May 07, 12:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pirates Like Sapphires"

Becky: Well, not the "Ca" as in "Cairn". That would make my name ick. Tongue Ca-r. Not Cair. ^^^^

I meant to show it as a hard "C" not that the "A" was pronounced the same, just the hard C at the beginning. Cairn has a sound "A" as in Karen, yours has the "A" as you said in Car, but both words have the same hard "C."

Maybe Cairn was not the best choice to show that. It is SO hard to try and spell out how to sound out names. :lol:

Or, maybe we are mispronouncing Cairn, because the emphasis is much like Car. Meaning a very hard "C" (much like the name Karen as above)  with the a very light a (as in air), the I pretty much silent and the r very light and the n short. In fact the whole word is pretty much pronounced like the name Karen here, just without the "E" sound. All said with a distinct roll that I have never been able to master.

Anywho (yes that is a made up word, maybe it needs to go in the other thread.  :lol: ) I think I could pronounce your name with no problems. I think we are both getting at the same sound, I'm just no good at example words for sounds. LOL Cheesy

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #123 on: 2007 May 07, 13:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay okay. Your description confused me. Not the a in "air". Tongue My name sorta rhymes with Karen. Ka-ren, Ka-riss. So much better. ^^ lol ^^^^^^

Lorelei: To me, Siobhan is pronounced Shuh-vaughn, not Shuh-vahn...I have a girl in my class named that, Shiv for short. ^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #124 on: 2007 May 07, 14:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pirates Like Sapphires"

Lorelei: To me, Siobhan is pronounced Shuh-vaughn, not Shuh-vahn...

Same here; I typoed the phonetic attempt and had 2 h's, and the first h should have been a u.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
LDE
Landlubber

disillusioned miscreant

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #125 on: 2007 May 07, 15:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

umm OT: that site is nothing special and isn't really worth the time, which is probably why we are now discussing name pronunciation.

i have had to argue with exactly one person about the spelling of my name and that was simply because she insisted that i was just making up a nickname to suit my own purposes or make me interesting..look, my name is Catherine..i go by Cat..not kat..if i used a k it would be me making shit up...god damn you.

bah i wish i had a more interesting name.

although my oldest daughter is Isabella (ee-sa-bella, accent on the "ee") and i HATE when people call her Is-A-Bella...yes she is a beauty but thats not how you say her name!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #126 on: 2007 May 07, 15:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the name Isabella but pronouncing it like that hurts my throat. Sad I'm all for Italian names, but...*shrugs* The urge to call her "is" rather than "ees" would be too strong...
One of my teachers named her daughter that, Molly Isabella; two of my absolute favourite names. ^^

My cousin is called Catharine and recently she decided to respell it Katharine...it disturbs me because the first is much prettier, and she now gets called Katie a lot, which she hates! I'd go for "Cathie" rather than "Katie" but anyway...

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #127 on: 2007 May 07, 16:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See I agree!  As a Kathleen I feel like only I and Katrina's, are allowed to go by Kat, Kate, or Katie.  I also am deeply annoyed by Kathleens who spell their name with a C.  I have an inherent mistrust of such people Tongue

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #128 on: 2007 May 07, 16:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My niece is named Isabella, pronounced Is-A-Bella, and I don't really care if it's not pronounced correctly, because she is still the most beautiful creature alive!! *proud aunt*

My name is Stephanie and all throughout French in elementary school the teachers would put an accent on the first e in my name. STAY-FAN-EE. But I pronounce it STEFF-AN-EE. It was even worse with the guys named Chris who were called "Christoph" by the teachers. Oi!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #129 on: 2007 May 07, 16:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Electric: I wish our teachers did that! Everyone was called by their name with a very English accent. In primary school I used to say my name was "Christine" in French class. People still ignored me.

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #130 on: 2007 May 07, 16:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is just how foreigners are Smiley  They will never say your name right Wink  It is also how some haughty people are too Tongue  Try having a TH in your name, that always stirs things up.  My name in Japan:Kyasarin.  Korea: Kasleen, Germany:Kazleen.  Lots of fun combos Cheesy

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #131 on: 2007 May 07, 16:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My name is a clusterfuck for both spelling and pronouciation.

My first name is Kimberley, NOT Kimberly. And I HATE the second spelling.

My last name (not gonna tell ya) is a good old German name, which Germans have no problem pronouncing, but Americans do. It is tortured, turned French or Italian or completely changed (people change the U to an OI, for example). And there are lots of consonants that sound alike..the D/P/V/B/T group, so spelling it out doesn't help either.  Oh well. At least it's unusual....I'm not one of a million American Lisa Smiths!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #132 on: 2007 May 07, 16:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last name is also german.  My ancestors had the forethought to shorten it though when they came to the US.  They were that eager to be Americans and forget that they were German.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #133 on: 2007 May 07, 18:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got such a simple name.  Nicole.  That's not difficult, right?

And yet, the man who named me, my dad, frequently spells it Nichole, which makes me want to strangle him.

And yet, though I live in the USA, far too many people use the French pronunciation, which makes me want to kick someone in the teeth.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #134 on: 2007 May 07, 19:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"

Quote from: "Red Love"
When its really supposed to Nar-Kee-Shah. That's why I just said screw that and had them put NiNi or LiLi (Lee Lee not Lily)as my nickname. I have no time to correct people.

I love your name!  Is it spelled Narkeisha, Narkeishia or Narkisha?  I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Narkeasha. =| But for some reason they always add an I before the a which makes it Narkeashia. I asked one teacher why she did that and this was her reply. I swear she said this "Well because all black people have i's in there names right?" I couldn't even be mad at her because she sounded so pitiful and ignorant.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: