PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 10:07:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.  (Read 167385 times)
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.
« Reply #465 on: 2007 June 03, 05:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.JPEGs are smaller than .PNGs.

I have a wallpaper that's 83.5 KB when it's a .JPEG.  Just saved it as a .PNG, and it went up to 556 KB.  It's a standard 1024x768 wallpaper.  If you want I can upload it and let you see the sizes for yourself, but it's really kind of a trivial thing to lie about.  :wink:

As for not downloading what you know your computer can't handle--some people can't resist.  Even people with higher speed connections and non-dinosaur computers have some troubles with .PNGs.  In any case, I don't see any real issues with the change--the downside ("OMG, lower quality images") is insignificant compared to the upside (quicker load times for everyone, whether it's slight or a lot).

And I honestly see no significant difference between .JPEG and .PNG.  Your .JPEGs don't even have to highly compressed--you can have them at the lowest compression possible.  It's a Sims forum--you aren't getting paid for it and it's really doubtful that someone is going to come along, looking to hire someone for some lucrative job.  Even then, they'll realise the quality is beyond your control because of the forum rules--anyway, it's all about the creativity that goes into the pictures.  Anyone can make a crisp, clear picture, but you have to do a little bit more work to make something really beautiful and stand out, even with an "inferior" file type like .JPEG.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: 2007 June 03, 05:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PNGs have their uses.  PNGs are good to reduce artifacting, so something text intensive would benefit from a png.  Or really small images.  I'll use pngs for avatars.  They look much better.  Also, they're an option if you want transparency without the compression required for gifs.

But the bigger the picture, the more room for compression.  I find that even a 600x400 size picture can go over 10% compression in a jpg optimizer without much visible loss.  Since pngs tend to be about 3x the file size, there's no reason not to go with a jpg for web posting.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2007 June 03, 05:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ash_Redfern"
Or the endless pictures of smustling. The amusement only lasts for about one (maybe two) pictures.

LIES! Clearly you have not seen the smustling in Awesomeland Reloaded.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2007 June 03, 06:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Or the endless pictures of smustling. The amusement only lasts for about one (maybe two) pictures.

Smustling that includes axes and sims going into bladder failure are very much so exempt from the monotony of the usual round of such pictures.

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2007 June 03, 06:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Quote from: "amazone"
fishing for feedback: did anyone agree/disagree with my post, if they
understood my limited english?

I disagree - I prefer to actually see the pictures, not skip and swear.

Your english is fine most of the time.  Cheesy

Lol. well, thanks Cheesy

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: 2007 June 03, 16:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Smustling that includes axes and sims going into bladder failure are very much so exempt from the monotony of the usual round of such pictures.

I think it can hardly be called the Smustle anymore once axes and bladder failure become part of the dance. In fact, it may no longer be a dance at all by the time Brynne starts to pee. Mêlée is more appropriate.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
.png versus .jpg
« Reply #471 on: 2007 June 03, 17:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, which of a .png and .jpg file is the largest depends on the setting on the files. Sometimes I use .jpg's that are of very high quality and then they are much larger than if I had used the .png format. But I could lower the .jpg format to a very low quality, and then the .png would be larger.
Simply: it depends.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
Re: .png versus .jpg
« Reply #472 on: 2007 June 03, 18:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Navigator"
Guys, which of a .png and .jpg file is the largest depends on the setting on the files. Sometimes I use .jpg's that are of very high quality and then they are much larger than if I had used the .png format. But I could lower the .jpg format to a very low quality, and then the .png would be larger.
Simply: it depends.

I always use "Save for web". Makes for really small jpg filesizes, and doesn't compromise quality. Not so that anyone could tell, anyway. Tongue
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2007 June 03, 19:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "flyingpigeon"
Quote from: "missangelica"
..I still don't get why FP is banned?  She was warned.. who banned her?

He doesn't even know who or why. I -think- it was HP. DK claims it wasn't her and I'll take her word for it. I know it wasn't bP 'cos she PMed me on another forum asking why I was banned. :? Delphy doesn't admin there... although he probably still decided. Y'know what? I don't care. I went there for friends... which I can get at other forums.

Damn those pedophiles and their evil ways.

Ew...

Love how it's all my fault even though I didn't even know you'd been banned till today.   :roll:

But, of course, I'm used to getting blamed for practically everything that goes wrong in this community - whether or not I actually had anything to do with it. Smiley

Damn those stupid annoying 12 year old kids and thier jumping to conclusions....
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: 2007 June 03, 19:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
Love how it's all my fault even though I didn't even know you'd been banned till today.   :roll:

But, of course, I'm used to getting blamed for practically everything that goes wrong in this community - whether or not I actually had anything to do with it. Smiley

Damn those stupid annoying 12 year old kids and thier jumping to conclusions....

Delphy - these 12 year olds are your fault.  You must have fathered every single one or something. Not to mention, it is your fault that I type this post, and by the way, I couldn't get onto Parsimonious earlier, and can only assume you are to blame.

Now, we have been discussing with much relish this cult - and HP kindly informed us that Tiggerypum is the mod to milk for laptop money.

That letter promised me much, and I look forward to free undies, laptop, webcams - Pucci's cult now delivers boobies, Pescado's cult delivers kickings and booty (I'm in it for the kickings) and Kathy offers both rum AND boobies.  Free crap for all!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
obscurity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 2007 June 03, 19:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought everything was pescado's fault  :lol: Unless Delphy is Pescado in disguise  Shocked
Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2007 June 03, 19:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Pucci cult is secretly designing rum dispensing boobies. Take that, other cults!
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2007 June 03, 19:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "obscurity"
I thought everything was pescado's fault  :lol: Unless Delphy is Pescado in disguise  Shocked

Maybe they're twins who haven't worked out who's the evil one yet!

Quote from: "Pucci"
The Pucci cult is secretly designing rum dispensing boobies. Take that, other cults!

Which was the one offering hot men and rum? :lol:
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2007 June 03, 19:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pfft, this happens when you're not up-to-date: till last week, everything was Pescado's fault, nowadays it's all Delphy's fault, instead.

Now, Pescado is clearly jealous of Delphy's weave, and has to do something to score again. So far had tried killing babies, but has focused on the wrong part of the issue: it's not the babies/children, but the sex.

Pescado must consider to go at least into furries, to have his faults back again.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2007 June 03, 19:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pucci"

Boobies and rum, so very tempting. :?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: