PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 07:20:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite Alert
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite Alert  (Read 40102 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 04, 12:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, 95% free, eh?  Does that mean she could only be 5% hated or feel 5% guilty?  :lol:

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 04, 12:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you know, I don't disrespect paysite owners, but saying you're not a paysite cos you happen to have free things too is like saying you're a vegetarian cos you only eat meat at Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 04, 13:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARGH...I almost hate the 'I only have a little pay content to cover bandwidth' people more than the flat out money making sites like TSR and Peggy. At least with them, you know their motives. Little shit sites like this seems 100 times more smarmy.

Running a free site is SO easy...there are so many ways...finding a friend with a server, using services like freewebs to host the page and mediafire to host the files...or simply absorbing the costs because it's your hobby and everyone spends a little cash on their hobby. (See: mega-craft stores)

But that's not even the worst of it: it's the whining! My content...my stuff..wah....so hard to pay...just a little pay content...wah...why pick on me.....wah...and you don't even like my stuff so why bother....wah....I'm just a LITTLE paysite....you're evil for picking on me...and I'll speak for everyone because you haven't heard these arguments before...wah....

Wah fucking wah.

ETA: Oh, and I STILL can't access this particular site...no matter how much or little of the URL I use. Pretty crappy, IMO.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 04, 13:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"

ETA: Oh, and I STILL can't access this particular site...no matter how much or little of the URL I use. Pretty crappy, IMO.

I had to go in from IE. For some reason it would not display properly in Firefox(hence me not being able to navigate properly and D/L the food processor).

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 04, 14:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use IE7 on this machine and I got a 403 Forbidden 2-3 times before finally loading it.

Craptastic.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 04, 14:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
I use IE7 on this machine and I got a 403 Forbidden 2-3 times before finally loading it.

Craptastic.

HA-HA so much for her quote....

From here

http://www.fairywitchsims.com/content/blogsection/2/9/

Quote from: "From the "I only have a little pay stuff" small change Paysite Owner's web site"
Friday, 30 March 2007

Most internet users, those who don't have anything to do with web-design or coding of internet pages, are not aware of the massive amount of work that goes into designing a web-page that is 1.) accessable in most browsers and 2.) conforms to World-Wide-Web standards. By practising clean web-design and accessability, web-designers make sure that almost all types of media can read a webpage and output it's content in a fashion that all types of users are able to read it, including disabled people. Most users aren't aware that one is even able to design a site that enables disabled users have the web-site be read to them. This is only one of the many reasons to update to a modern browser.

I guess she has not aware either, because it isn't working in "most" browsers. :lol:

BTW see if you all can find the misspelled words in the above quote.  :lol:  :wink:   :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 04, 14:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using IE 7...even tried it WITH a proxy (not to hide, just to load).

She's not doing a good job with her site creation if people can't get in, no matter WHAT she says (and how badly she says it).

FAQ
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 04, 15:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the fairywitch person comes back she needs to make sure her error documents are in an unblocked directory and check her .htaccess file.

Not that I want to necessarily aid a paysite owner but she did come visit us.  In real life I would have offered her pie.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 04, 15:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She can boast about being user friendly all she wants.  Her site is still ugly, and I wouldn't even bother looking at the downloads of a site that looked like that.  (my thought being.. ok.. they can't even design a simple background and banner, how good can their recolors be?)

** edit:  Just got the images to work.  It does look very joomla-y.  I dont' use joomla, but my understanding is that it is kind of like "website for dummies"

My page isn't IE6 friendly.  I toyed with the idea of ditching the cool code that I found that it doesn't work with, but decided that forcing people to upgrade out of the stone age/having a more useful layout was more important.    If people can't see my content without having a seizure then they need to (as advised) upgrade to FF or IE7.  If you can't then you need a new computer, if you can't afford a new computer then you'll just have to risk the seizure.  *shrug*

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 04, 16:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
In real life I would have offered her pie.

Mmmmmm... Pie! The great equalizer. Everybody likes pie!

FAQ
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 04, 16:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using IE 7

Ditto.

She's not doing a good job with her site creation if people can't get in, no matter WHAT she says (and how badly she says it).

Yes, I agree. Cheesy

Quote from: "rickets"
In real life I would have offered her pie.

Mmmmmm... Pie! The great equalizer. Everybody likes pie!

I could go for a piece of chocolate pie right now. Not the cool whip/Jello kind either. The ones like my Mom and MIL makes.... MMMMMMMMMM

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 04, 17:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's "its" not "it's" mate...
But practising was right, Becky...just not in that context. ^^ She misused it. ^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 04, 17:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to take advantage of someone <he practised on their credulity with huge success>

I had to look it up.  My FF spellcheck still thinks it's a misspelling.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 04, 18:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
Most internet users, those who don't have anything to do with web-design or coding of internet pages, are not aware of the massive amount of work that goes into designing a web-page that is 1.) accessable in most browsers and 2.) conforms to World-Wide-Web standards.

Bolognium. Pure and utter weapons-grade bolognium. I mean, look at the great PMBD pages. Those work not only in MOST browsers, but in *ANY* browser, no matter how ancient, antiquated, or text-based, and you know how much work went into making those? Zero!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 04, 18:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got the sky and rainbow website to load.  

And the great internet coder who blogged about her skills is using Joomla to create her site!  Joomla which generates HTML code that rivals Moby Dick in length and complexity.  And makes a heck of a lot of server calls.

If I knew she was using Joomla I would have never mentioned pie.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: