PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:26:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 101629 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
« Reply #240 on: 2008 December 19, 00:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnant women and women after menopause have no periods. What is your point, that you don't like the extra one shown here? Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2008 December 20, 00:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lawsuits are finally fucking goddamn Securom: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2116/

Those EA games are launched on STEAM DRM only http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=660050&forum=22&sp=120 (Chris Priestly post)

So, if things go this way. We might see The Sims 3 without SuckyRom  Cheesy

ETA: got it, Keirra, thx

to grammar morons: Que os den por el culo
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 01:11:16 by Nightmare » Logged

Die! Securom! Die!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 December 20, 01:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

Seriously, Nightmare, must you post the HUGE bolded words? If you want to be taken seriously, you're doing it wrong.

ETA: Much better. Now, we can see what your post was really about.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 01:22:48 by keirra » Logged

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Kazzandra
Landlubber

Show paysite owners your ass! Fight back!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 December 20, 01:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Steam only allows one registration per game and it it only available in North America.  Undecided

Wanderlust
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 December 20, 21:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is funny, and if EA goes bankrupt or whatever, then I'm seriously not going to feel sorry for them at all.  They brought this upon themselves; greed could be their fatal flaw.
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2008 December 20, 22:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Steam only allows one registration per game and it it only available in North America.  Undecided

A Bioware guy said that they are looking into expanding into more territories http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=660050&forum=22&sp=165  Cheesy

Valve is gonna make so much money from Securom haters...  Cheesy

Die! Securom! Die!
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 December 21, 03:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lawsuits are finally fucking goddamn Securom: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2116/

Huh   Are we looking at the same thing?  What does Steam have to do with "Lawsuits are finally fucking goddamn Securom"

Steam Launches Hit PC Games from EA
December 19, 2008, 12:05 pm - Shawn Zabecki - Product Release
Spore, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and More Available Now

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - December 18, 2008. Just in time for the holidays, Valve announced that, Spore™, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™, Mass Effect®, Need for Speed™ Undercover and EA SPORTS FIFA Manager 2009 are available now to gamers in North America via Steam, a leading platform for PC games and digital content with over 15 million accounts around the world.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2008 December 21, 04:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steam is effectively a -different- drm method than securom.  Doesn't mean they are ditching securom, this might be an additional measure for them, but it is promising.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008 December 21, 04:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steam is an even more invasive form of spyware than SecuROM is: It spies on you EVERY time you fire up the game, and monitors all of your playing habits. This part isn't even a SECRET! The only reason it is more popularly accepted is because it dresses up all these spying features as "Friendly" and is less concerned with keeping you from playing the game at all than it is with spying on you while you do it. And forcing you to have the latest updates, whether you want them or not, refusing to let you run the game if you refuse to drink their kool-aid. Realize of, course, that anything which forcibly modifies and runs executable code on your system is not merely spyware, but a flat out trojan rootkit. DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2008 December 21, 07:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steam is an even more invasive form of spyware than SecuROM is: It spies on you EVERY time you fire up the game, and monitors all of your playing habits. This part isn't even a SECRET! The only reason it is more popularly accepted is because it dresses up all these spying features as "Friendly" and is less concerned with keeping you from playing the game at all than it is with spying on you while you do it. And forcing you to have the latest updates, whether you want them or not, refusing to let you run the game if you refuse to drink their kool-aid. Realize of, course, that anything which forcibly modifies and runs executable code on your system is not merely spyware, but a flat out trojan rootkit. DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID.

My brother has Steam on his computer, but I never paid any attention to it, since I have no clue what its point it. That's...really frightening.

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 2008 December 21, 10:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having never really paid much attention to Steam, I was wondering what exactly it was that kept some people away from it. That's interesting, and indeed concerning. I shall continue to stay away from it.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2008 December 21, 14:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know that, Pes.  I have steam, but only so I could get Eve cheaper.  But I never play anything through Steam.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 December 21, 15:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having never really paid much attention to Steam, I was wondering what exactly it was that kept some people away from it. That's interesting, and indeed concerning. I shall continue to stay away from it.

My room mate had used Steam once. I can't remember the game, but it was only able to run in Steam, and he forgot his Steam password. It literally took them a month to send him his password.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 December 21, 18:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have friends that use Steam. I avoid it like the goddamn plague.

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008 December 21, 19:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Our local "I build computers for people in my spare time" guy will not do a reformat, reload for free if you have steam on your computer, because he claims it can completely bork your system.  He warns people that he won't service if they install Steam at least, but seeing that he actually doesn't mind fixing borked computers, I would say that Steam rates lower on my list of "things I want on my computer" than securom. 

Of course, now that we're going to have Sims3 with MOAR advertising, there's going to be something nasty in the software, just to make sure we get the latest ads!

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: