PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:56:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Killmark: Mdlein Designs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Killmark: Mdlein Designs  (Read 8476 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New Killmark: Mdlein Designs
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 01, 17:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
Quote from: "Quorneater"
So why can't they just make it a normal free download?  Then they won't have to apologise to anyone.

Why would it matter to you? You told us you didn't mind paysites.

As for madeleine, she probably figured she'd save some bandwidth since it's either here or in the graveyard anyway Cheesy

Nouk, we've removed her stuff from the booty, and it's probably not in the graveyard...so she may want to release it.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 01, 18:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why can't they just make it a normal free download?  Then they won't have to apologise to anyone.

Am I supposed to go through life with no opinion or curiosity about anything I don't have an axe to grind over?  I might as well ask you why does it matter to you why it matters to me - just as senseless a comment.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 01, 20:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I supposed to go through life with no opinion or curiosity about anything I don't have an axe to grind over?  I might as well ask you why does it matter to you why it matters to me - just as senseless a comment.

You are actively supporting paysites at the moment, so it just seemed curious to me you'd say that. Wait... not curious... senseless is the right word.
It's like I'd advise Thomas on his business model for a succesfull new year of TSR, while I run around here 'destroying' paysites.

If you don't mind paysites, then it would be logical if you didn't think Mdlein had any reason to be sorry.

In fact she hasn't. Even if she doesn't want to give it out for free. If I make a hair and don't want to share it, no-one cares or thinks I should be sorry.

So this is why I wondered about your comment.

It's not that important, but being told my comment is 'senless' for wondering about something so obviously contradictive, is bull.

I'm not having this conversation anymore, so be sure to get in a good final hit. I will not have a come-back, this is your chance!

Or rather congratulate Madeleine for taking an excellent step.

Sorry for going off topic.

Inactive
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 04, 10:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know Nouk.
It's not like, just because she your friend everything she does is right.
I don't think that taking off her pay stuff make her an hero. She didn't get rid of that because she knew it was wrong. She removed the pay stuff because she was afraid by the possible EA legal actions against her. She's most likely to be a coward to my eyes.

Said that, of course every pay creator that goes free is welcome in the community. Turn the other cheek.

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 04, 19:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leave Nouk alone. She may have had something to do with convincing the woman that paysites are bad. Having realized that she was wrong and taking her stuff down takes some guts. Just like you have a lot of guts today, having pissed some people off with comments that show you don't have any idea of what is going on in people's heads. If you don't know anything about the situation, keep your keyboard still. By the way, that crack you made about HP having some sort of bipolarism really REALLY pissed me off. If you had a clue as to what sufferers go through, maybe you'd be a bit more compassionate and just say that a person was moody, instead of trying to use an illness to describe behaviour that you find baffling. Yeah, I know what it is. I know and love people who suffer from it. And, Nouk is coming from a posistion of knowing what this gal is doing. Are you? As for turning the other cheek, I sure hope you are sitting on the left one cause the right one is going to be sore from it getting kicked if you keep pissing people off.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 04, 22:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about any bipolar cracks and jokes and all, so I'm not going into that.  Cool

What if I wanted you not to be ran over by a train, because of the chilluns. I let you know a train might possibly hit you if you stay walking on the rails, and you woudln't be able to take care of the chilluns. You hear the train coming. You move away from the rails because you don't want to be splattered all over the railroad.
I call you a coward, because you stepped away to save your own tasty behind first instead of thinking of the chilluns.

Does that make sense?

And that is not even a good anology, because she has her site still up, filled with nice free stuff. So she was thinking of the 'chilluns' to start with.

How long are people going to go after paysite owners even AFTER they have agreed with you and removed their pay stuff? Will you keep tracking their motivations, etc. if they are allready doing the right thing, not selling Sims 2 stuff anymore? Or are you simply here for the witch hunt, keep at em no matter what?

Inactive
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 05, 08:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge doesn't really support anything, she just waffles back and forth on her position because she's an incorrigible shit-stirrer. That's her nature as a round mound of gray fatness.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 05, 08:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
Leave Nouk alone. She may have had something to do with convincing the woman that paysites are bad. Having realized that she was wrong and taking her stuff down takes some guts. Just like you have a lot of guts today, having pissed some people off with comments that show you don't have any idea of what is going on in people's heads. If you don't know anything about the situation, keep your keyboard still. By the way, that crack you made about HP having some sort of bipolarism really REALLY pissed me off. If you had a clue as to what sufferers go through, maybe you'd be a bit more compassionate and just say that a person was moody, instead of trying to use an illness to describe behaviour that you find baffling. Yeah, I know what it is. I know and love people who suffer from it. And, Nouk is coming from a posistion of knowing what this gal is doing. Are you? As for turning the other cheek, I sure hope you are sitting on the left one cause the right one is going to be sore from it getting kicked if you keep pissing people off.

Thank you Paden, I also didn't know anything about bipolar jokes, but it really nothers me when I see people on forums calling people bipolar when they are moody, or whatever happened in this situation.  As a person who was diagnosed with bipolar almost ten years ago, I hate seeing such a serious, debilitating mental illness being trivialized by people who have no idea about it.
And, on topic, I think it is great that this person has decided to stop being pay.  I don't know all of the circumstances of this, but I think it is great that they were willing to stop making a profit off of something, and that this person was smart enough to stop having a paysite before EAxis takes legal action.  I also think it is great that when she was saying she was closing down, she actually acknowledged what she once was, by saying "I have taken away all donation packs because EA is thinking about taking legal actions against those with paysites, so I took it away before that will happen."  I think it's great that she is actually referring to herself as a "Paysite" and not a "Site that offers items in exchange for a predetermined donation for bandwidth".
I hope more paysite owners will do this, but I am smart enough not to expect it.  I wouldn't be surprised if the smaller, more uninformed sites will stop this, especially if someone they are friends with kindly explains things, and maybe we will see more of this, but unfortunately we all know that the TSR's and the PeggySims 2's won't be shutting down until they are sued.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 05, 18:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bipolar comment was made here.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 09, 12:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge doesn't really support anything, she just waffles back and forth on her position because she's an incorrigible shit-stirrer. That's her nature as a round mound of gray fatness.

ROFLMAO! :lol:

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 13, 23:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Hee!  :lol:

Anyway, I am of the opinion that for WHATEVER reason a pay site goes free, it is a GOOD thing (in the words of my hero, Martha Stewart) Congrats to Madeline. Congrats to Nouk. Congrats to the community. I am impressed that if Nouk convinced Madeline to go free, she accomplished something the FFFSS (formerly against pay sites) could not. Good work.

Still watching you guys
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: