PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:33:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Email from Wood for Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Email from Wood for Sims  (Read 28235 times)
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 09, 16:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Whatever"

Wow. I was wrong. Way wrong. She comes right out and says that creating for Sims 2 is her full time job. Wonder why she's not at TSR w/the others yet?

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 09, 19:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how she asks if ea 'object makers' have any other job, besides making objects. Well I would imagine that they also made the code for the game, that she makes her living off of.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 09, 21:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So she wants to make me into a criminal by supporting her illegal activity?  What she is doing is illegal and in direct violation of EA's copyright. She doesn't have a licensing agreement to sell CC, so according to the US copyright office it is illegal to do so. I can't support these criminals, what's wrong with their brain cells?  :wink:

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 09, 22:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love her plants and planters too but found alot of free ones at MTS2.  :lol:  

These are some nice ones:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=247613

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
thecheese
Landlubber

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 10, 00:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her full time job, jeeze, somebody needs to get off their bum and is she really making enough to support herself? Oh, and possibly the chilluns? This is almost as bad as the woman who just begged for money online.

firmly believe in the cat macros.
Petunia
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 10, 01:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here we go again.  Another one with a web site that is being leached for bandwidth.

I guess TSR wants her now too?

Perhaps she told them no already or not.  Just seems funny that now she is getting a LOT of bandwidth usage and we know why donations are down.

If she gets hits with a huge bill she will have no choice but to close down and join TSR to get the money to pay the bill.

I really believe that because donations are down, this plays right into Thomas's hands.  All he has to do is make sure that their bandwidth bill will be bigger then what they are getting for subs.

Just my opinion.

f a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 10, 02:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Thomass is driving up their bandwidth so they are receptive to him when he offers a place. But then I think "he's not that smart" and adjust my tin foil hat.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 10, 02:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Thomass is driving up their bandwidth so they are receptive to him when he offers a place. But then I think "he's not that smart" and adjust my tin foil hat.

I don't know, Hecubus. TSR has been manipulating the sim's community for financial gain from the beginning. We know they're a pack of dishonest, money obsessed creeps, so it's not implausible to imagine them pulling crap on their paysite competitors in order to manipulate them.

You don't have to be smart to be a greedy cretin.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 10, 03:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky, that's very true. I try hard not to jump to the consirpacy conclusion, but the greed answer is very plausible.

Does this mean I have to turn in my tin foil hat?  :lol:

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 10, 03:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wood for Sims is a kinky name. Or maybe I just have one too many kinks in my brain.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 10, 03:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hang onto it, you never know when they'll try to read your mind, Hec, and find out when the next booty update is... Seriously, the pattern is suspicious. Bandwidth goes up, incoming profit goes down. Owner is going to pack it in, Thoma$$ steps in and offers them a spot at his site, where if they're good enough, he'll pay them. Bam! More competition is gone because they now work for him and if they leave over something, he thinks that he can keep their stuff and keep on selling it. Too bad WE can't trace where most of their traffic is coming from, make logs to show it and prove that's what the CENSORED is doing. I know, I sound like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, too, don't I? But it would be possible...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 10, 06:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, trojans can be used as part of DDOS attacks, turning computers of unwitting owners into ROBOT ATTACKERS.  And TSR did just happen to have a trojan alert pop up on its site recently, right?  *TINFOIL*
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 10, 07:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Thomass has the ability to do it, I have no doubt that he would. Never underestimate the assholitude of an asshole (to misquote Jane Austen).

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 10, 08:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or it could be poor design, non-optimized graphics  and/or a shitty web host.

Or, hey, she could just be lying about the cost of bandwidth to justify charging a fee.

*shrug*

Not like THAT's a new trick.

We don't need to give the ratfinks out there more ideas that will help them harass others, do we? When they think for themselves, they are merely annoying and stupid. Why should we think up clever evil plans for them?   :shock:

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 10, 18:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Requip"
I love her plants and planters too but found alot of free ones at MTS2.  :lol:  

These are some nice ones:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=247613
Personally, I'm really fond of everything Macarossi. Wood for Sims is ok, but it just doesn't have the texture quality necessary for running on a high resolution...wood grain looks off. And Bad Paysite Bad!

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: