PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:17:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  just random thoughts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: just random thoughts  (Read 30918 times)
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #75 on: 2006 November 20, 00:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "yamikuronue"
or in Openjack's case, raiding booty...

I'm going to hell for that one

There'll be a lot of people in that handbasket with you.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #76 on: 2006 November 20, 00:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Blue"
That was the second thread I've read that first day. The first was Pimp my Sims. I like Solander so I posted in his defense (which he didn't need. He did a mighty good job defending himself) Then I read the 'jack' thread. And they were both at the top so naturally I clicked on them first. I stopped at the cum infested floor so I don't know what went on after or who the guy is. But on thing is sure, you guys really hate him.

I don't hate him, he never done anything in my life -- and I'm pretty sure it's the same case for 90% of the members who posted in the thread. "Hate" is too strong to describe what we think of him.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #77 on: 2006 November 20, 02:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The forum should only be open to members. Right now anybody can see it and explore it. That's not good. If you want to protect your members or want your members to feel safe you should change it. Of course there's not much you can do against hackers unless you're a better one.

Since anyone can register anyway, this would defeat the point. Frankly I'd rather people NOT register.

Another thing. Strength is in numbers and if you don't want to be ephemeral  you have to expand and to expand you need members and I don't mean members who come raid your booty and never look back but members who actively participate in the forum. And you wont get that if you give away your booty like you do now. They should get the sets after registering. That's a minimum. And if you want to keep them you should have a variety of topics. Politics, general discussions, you name it.

Members do not need to register to download. The forum is not the purpose of the site and member counts on the forum mean nothing.

And (now you'll probably want to kill me) you should put up a paypal button. In today's world people donate to the most absurd of things. Why not ride that? You don't have to put it in your pockets. You can use it for charity, bandwidth or for helping young talented meshers etc.

Because someone would just bitch and Paypal would likely kill the account anyway because they're a bunch of squeamish wussies. They killed the MTS2 account merely for sim-pr0n, after all.

And I don't think its a good idea letting in kids. Some of the threads are not meant for children. You don't need indignant frothing at the mouth parents screaming SUE, do you? It happened with FF.net and they had to change their policy. I don't know whats the case in Malaysia but the US is well know for its pressurizing abilities. And when they want they can reach far.

Kids are not allowed on the forum. All users are required to convincingly pretend to be older than 12. Says so in the registration agreement. Any kids found here will be banned on sight.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #78 on: 2006 November 20, 03:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't read most of Blue's posts, but now that JM has quoted parts of them, I don't think Blue realises that JM is NOT a social person, and thus more than likely does not expect his members to be social either.
lucy_fell
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #79 on: 2006 November 20, 03:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, don't people come to the forum to collectively point and laugh at the stupid? I know I do.

If you want to protect your members or want your members to feel safe you should change it.

Unless the owners of the other communities I'm in burst into my front door waving a gun, I don't think I need to protect myself, and Pescado doesn't need to protect me. As for being banned from those communities, so what? My world won't stop turning just because I'm banned from some little corner of the interwebs. Besides, if I get banned just for being on here, then someone's an asshole. And guess what? It's not me.
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #80 on: 2006 November 20, 07:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said something to the effect that you seem to be confusing "uneducated" with "stupid."  Your reply:

1. No I don't, but I think to go to highschool and college needs some amount of brain material.

The chicken I had for dinner presumably had "some amount of brain material," so your reply is really a non-reply.  I know what you mean though, and you're still equating stupidity with lack of education.   I've had a high amount of contact with college students over the past few years, and trust me, their presence in college classes was NOT proof of their intelligence.

I'm also quite certain that not all "uneducated" people are also stupid.  Besides, "uneducated" can mean too many different things.   Since no one knows it ALL, everyone is uneducated in some respects, no?  

You should learn to say (write) what you mean--or to do a better job of hiding what you really think behind pretty words.  Take some writing classes perhaps.

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
just random thoughts
« Reply #81 on: 2006 November 20, 07:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This 'Blue' person isn't very bright, is s/h/it?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #82 on: 2006 November 20, 07:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "toomanyguppys"

I'm also quite certain that not all "uneducated" people are also stupid.  Besides, "uneducated" can mean too many different things.   Since no one knows it ALL, everyone is uneducated in some respects, no?

Being uneducated is a bad thing. It means you're short two want slots and a lock, which makes you a very deficient person.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #83 on: 2006 November 20, 07:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Being uneducated is a bad thing. It means you're short two want slots and a lock, which makes you a very deficient person.

Damn, for the first time I'm actually kind of depressed about only having the base game.

:?

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #84 on: 2006 November 20, 08:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So upgrade?

Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #85 on: 2006 November 20, 08:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty easy to track down if people use their wits, one has found who I really am but no one else has either cared, succeeded or tried. Personally, I don't care much if they do. Banned from a forum? Oh ouch, my life is over. I was certainly banned enough places when I fileshared for Sims 1 but I found twice as many folks just like me to chat with.

Scared? Not really. I think I'll survive if a bunch of Sims players blackball me and block my paypal. No one did anything back when it was Sims 1 despite threats of virii, lawsuits and harassment, think that's really changed?

Gah... tl;dr to the rest of it

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #86 on: 2006 November 20, 11:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MMEStalker
The booty. Everything is for the booty. They told me I just didn't want to believe it. The real world, huh? Someone wrote here that she could care less what happens to this site afterwards. And the people? I didn't even reply to that. Its just sad and...empty. I got the best answer from DelMita. It was short:anarchy.

I don't get what is wrong with having a site with stupid stuff on it, that people primarily visit to get the booty and read the gossip. The site may be 'sad and...empty', though I don't see that personally, but that's no reflection on the people here. What people see of me here isn't the whole me. Just because I enjoy gossip and the booty here doesn't mean that's all there is too me. I don't feel the need to have everyone here know everything about me and my opinions and I doubt many of those people care much about making friends here and making it a lasting place to stay in. We have other places to do that, like real life, and every place we post in on the internet doesn't have to be well rounded and 'nice'. Your post seems to imply there is something unpleasant or lacking in that, but there isn't.

I never said that the people who made fun of Jack were bad. Mean yes in this case but not bad or evil etc.. And the method was...not nice if the other word is too harsh. But maybe its just me. I would never intentionally hurt/humiliate someone this way.

Do you know he was hurt or humiliated by the posts here? For all you know he could be an attention whore who loves that people here have been talking about him. Or he could be a rational adult (unlikely, I know) who doesn't care what a group of people who don't even know him, think about him. I've read the thread and I don't see that people were trying to hurt or humiliate him, they were just discussing him and having a laugh at his expense. Despite what you might have been taught as a child, laughing at someone is not intentionally hurting them, and most people get used to being laughed at long before they get to an age where they can post on the internet about how they're whoring themselves out for underwear.
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #87 on: 2006 November 20, 15:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MMEStalker

I don't want to annoy people anymore with my long posts so I'll try to be as short as possible.
We will never see eye to eye in the 'jack' business. Maybe because I'm not that open minded but most probably because of my age. Time will tell but to tell you the truth I don't want to change that much. At least not in this.
 As for the forum...I guess I have to accept it. Its unique and I learned a lot that's for sure. In a way this was an adventure and now I have some perspective about how people think, feel, the level of their tolerance etc outside of my own community.

Thanks for your time and patience.

toomanyguppies

Oh I get by, thank you. Smiley

Blue
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #88 on: 2006 November 20, 16:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have a confession:

I mostly just mark the forum read and be done with it, especially in the case of threads that go on for pages.  At first, reading a funny thread or a good piece of gossip is just that:  fun, but it gets old really quick for me.

If it's a simple request thread I scream about it and then lock it Tongue  And now that I have a thank you thread (that people are abusing *cough*) I don't see threads specifically to thank us anymore.

So for unmoderated forums, that's just the JM Pescado way. MATY is mostly unmoderated and I don't see that changing, and this forum is mostly an extension of RetardoLand really, with an emphasis on paysites and their sometimes evil and sometimes disturbing overlords.

If you don't like the forum, no one expects you to.  And no one forces you to register and read it and you wouldn't even know it was here if you didn't click that link on the front page (or have someone link you, whatever).

Just grab the booty and go; no unmoderated forum reading necessary.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #89 on: 2006 November 20, 16:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the forum...I guess I have to accept it. Its unique and I learned a lot that's for sure. In a way this was an adventure and now I have some perspective about how people think, feel, the level of their tolerance etc outside of my own community.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Blue

I think, above all, this is the point people have been trying to make all along. This isn't a normal Sims community. Never has been, never will be. And you came in here like a missionary, saying 'Unwashed savages, you're doing it wrong, I'll save you and show you how to do it properly!!' then reeled off a bunch of suggestions which, for anywhere else, would have been wonderful and appreciated, but here, they're just not really valid...Because the people who are regulars here are happy being bitchy, and off-topic, and disorganized, and lurky, and everything else, and more importantly, Pescado's happy with this setup.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: