PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:05:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  just random thoughts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: just random thoughts  (Read 30877 times)
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« on: 2006 November 17, 13:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!

I was hesitating if I should post this or not. After days of sitting on it I decided, why not? First I would like to state that I'm not here to hurt anybody. People are different. Our views, morals,  language and even the way we think differ. That's what makes the world so exciting, no? I don't agree with you on lots of things but that's not a first and I never let it blind me before.

I've found out about this site at another forum where they were discussing Retailsims. I'm not a forum person and usually never comment but I got curious why everybody edited their posts like mad. One minute I read something and after refreshing the page it disappeared. Now THAT got my attention so I PM-ed one of the opposition and asked what the hell is going on. I liked her posts, they were well written and not at all aggressive. Anyway she directed me here. Of course I was flabbergasted. I never in my wildest dreams thought there was a site such as this.
I never wanted to post but then I saw something which made me mad. Oh well, its done and over with.
I looked around and saw that you have more than 500 members but only a handful post regularly. The majority didn't even have the guts to say thank you. I wonder why they registered? I kinda understand them though. Maybe they are afraid of getting banned from other sites but maybe because you don't have different kind of topics. Yeah I know you are pirates who hate paysites and are assholes who do it just because you can, etc. Your words not mine. I've  read your logo. And its dreadfully conceited.  But humorous Smiley
I happen to know two people from another forum who got chastised just for mentioning this site. Another member got banned because somebody saw her here. Of course from the same site. Hm...I wonder what he was doing here and how he found out? There must be a breach in your security.
People are afraid. Not everybody has guts like Solander who doesn't give a damn  what other siteowners say about him. He built a well known name in the simsworld and because of that he can be independent and do as he likes. Not everybody is that lucky.

The forum should only be open to members. Right now anybody can see it and explore it. That's not good. If you want to protect your members or want your members to feel safe you should change it. Of course there's not much you can do against hackers unless you're a better one.

Another thing. Strength is in numbers and if you don't want to be ephemeral  you have to expand and to expand you need members and I don't mean members who come raid your booty and never look back but members who actively participate in the forum. And you wont get that if you give away your booty like you do now. They should get the sets after registering. That's a minimum. And if you want to keep them you should have a variety of topics. Politics, general discussions, you name it. The "Lets destroy this and that" and Openhousejack's sexual adventures wont meet everyones taste.  Not everybody who comes here is a kid or undereducated.* Please read the note below.
And (now you'll probably want to kill me) you should put up a paypal button. In today's world people donate to the most absurd of things. Why not ride that? You don't have to put it in your pockets. You can use it for charity, bandwidth or for helping young talented meshers etc.
And I don't think its a good idea letting in kids. Some of the threads are not meant for children. You don't need indignant frothing at the mouth parents screaming SUE, do you? It happened with FF.net and they had to change their policy. I don't know whats the case in Malaysia but the US is well know for its pressurizing abilities. And when they want they can reach far.

I know this is a new site and well...yeah it verges on illegal. But I see potential in it. I cant say I like what or - more precisely - how  you do what you do but I'm not here to judge. I always try to view both sides of the coin.
And although I'm a member here I'll keep donating to my favorite sites not because I'm so well off but because I like their community some of the really deserve it.

And last but not least I have a question. After you destroyed the paysites what then? There wont be any need for this site and you'll just die with them. So be careful how you go about this.

Sorry if I made some spelling or grammatical mistakes.

1. if you're educated you don't need to get your hackles up. Its not about you.
2. if you're educated and want to prove it please don't. I believe you in advance.
3. if you're not educated but want to prove it otherwise by huffing and puffing in my face, please spare me. I wouldn't believe you anyway.

If I forgot a category please excuse me. Read the thread if you like you may find the answer there but don't put up the same question again and again in a different phrasing.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
just random thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 17, 13:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you at all familiar with Pescado? He set this up.
You read the front page so you know how he feels.

Yes evil spies and traitors are everywhere (look at the top of the page). Those who go by their usual names here accept the consequences. Those more cowardly (myself included) choose to hide behind their favourite pirate. (Well not actually my favourite, but he was taken.)

I will leave the proper rebuttal to those more practised than I.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
postergirl
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: just random thoughts
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 17, 13:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Blue"

And last but not least I have a question. After you destroyed the paysites what then? There wont be any need for this site and you'll just die with them. So be careful how you go about this.

After we snuff them out, we're going to make merry with a hog roast and some rum whilst mourning our fading glory. :roll: The problem with that point is that you seem to be under the impression that anyone here is here for the infamy or some such nonsense. I doubt any of us is going to be sitting around feeling sad that we don't have this particular cause to rally behind anymore. Don't misunderstand, silly rabbit, the point of the whole shebang is that this site shouldn't have to be needed. We really shouldn't have to be here telling everyone that it's something sort of REALLY illegal for these paysite owners to be making a profit and overpricing their oftentimes lackluster custom content. If there no longer is a need for this site, then so what? Mission accomplished.

Duh.

size=9]why we all gotta look, gotta act the same? i say, if you're born a lion don't bother trying to act tame.[/size]
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Re: just random thoughts
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 17, 13:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess you're addressing Pescado not the forum posters, but I'm bored so I'm going to reply anyway.

Another thing. Strength is in numbers and if you don't want to be ephemeral  you have to expand and to expand you need members and I don't mean members who come raid your booty and never look back but members who actively participate in the forum. And you wont get that if you give away your booty like you do now. They should get the sets after registering. That's a minimum.

I don't think they really need members, or members who post, if Pescado wants to put up these files at his own expense then the amount of people registered in the forums doesn't really matter. If people had to register to get the files then the problem you think people have, of being worried that other sites will know they've been here and ban them, would be worse.

And if you want to keep them you should have a variety of topics. Politics, general discussions, you name it. The "Lets destroy this and that" and Openhousejack's sexual adventures wont meet everyones taste. Not everybody who comes here is a kid or undereducated.

Why should he be bothered about keeping them or worried about meeting everybody's taste? And I object to the assumption that everyone who is amused or interested by the topics here is a child or undereducated; being an intelligent adult doesn't preclude you from enjoying gossip and silly things.

After you destroyed the paysites what then? There wont be any need for this site and you'll just die with them. So be careful how you go about this.

So what if it does? I'm enjoying reading and posting here, but if it did become superfluous because there were no more paysites, I wouldn't really care much. I think you're assuming that Pescado wants this to be a huge thriving site, with lots of members all posting like crazy, that lasts a long time. I can't imagine why you would think that, but I doubt that is the case.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 17, 13:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another Blue?  Now I'm confused!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
HapaHaole
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 17, 13:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just what does it mean to be "undereducated"?  are you talking about how many years of school one has and whether it was focused on art or physics? the quality of intellect is not bound by such restraints.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 17, 14:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HapaHaole"
just what does it mean to be "undereducated"?  are you talking about how many years of school one has and whether it was focused on art or physics? the quality of intellect is not bound by such restraints.

I took it to be a badly thought out insult. Since the quality of the spelling and grammar of most of the posters is fairly high and most of them are clearly  capable of having a rational discussion I can't see why anyone would assume that. Of course it could just be a mistake, if Blue isn't a native English speaker then she might have meant something else.
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 17, 14:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MMEStalker

No, I'm not addressing Pescado. I'm fishing for viewpoints from anybody who cares to reply.

I never stated that the people here were undereducated.
Well, yeah gossip can be fun. For as long as you're not the one they are gossiping about. Or am I wrong?

And I happen to know there is a very young kid here.

If I understand correctly you don't give a damn if people come in to say hi, rant about the unfairness of life, share their opinion or whatnot or just grab the booty and get the hell out. I'm sorry. In this case I must have misunderstood something when I was invited. Than whats the point of registering?
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 17, 14:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MMEStalker"

I took it to be a badly thought out insult.

I didn't mean it as an insult. Cool
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
just random thoughts
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 17, 14:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Than whats the point of registering?

To have a cool pirate name and support the cause of course.
Oh, and to post.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 17, 14:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean it as an insult.

Then how did you mean it? I imagine most of the people posting have or will eventually have at least a high school education, so I imagine most of them would be insulted if called 'undereducated'.

I never stated that the people here were undereducated.
Well, yeah gossip can be fun. For as long as you're not the one they are gossiping about. Or am I wrong?

But your phrasing did imply that only kids and the undereducated would enjoy the topics currently on here. If you didn't mean that then I guess I'll accept that it was probably because you aren't a native English speaker, not an intentional insult.
And I don't give a damn if people gossip about me, thanks to someone I thought was a friend, my sex life was a hot gossip topic through most of high school, I learned quickly that it's only harmful if you actually have something to be ashamed of and was in fact highly amused at the ridiculous things I heard about myself.
DelMita
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 17, 15:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand correctly you don't give a damn if people come in to say hi, rant about the unfairness of life, share their opinion or whatnot or just grab the booty and get the hell out. I'm sorry. In this case I must have misunderstood something when I was invited. Than whats the point of registering?

Most people here are here to discuss paysites, paysite owners and defenders of paysites. It's pretty much the focus of conversations.  

Well that and anarchy.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 17, 15:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue, maybe this forum is just not the place for you.
ihavenoteeth
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 17, 15:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was pretty sure people are supposed to know about this site, it wasn't something to be hidden and not everyone cares to hide their identity. and i think you're just bringing up some of the same points that Lizard has also brought up. maybe you should take a better look as those posts. overall, you don't seem to get the sense of humor in a lot of what goes on here.

ps if you're attempting not to insult somenone, i woulnd't call them uneducated.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 17, 15:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The forum wasn't here at first.   It was only about the booty.  I have no idea why Pescado added it, but add it he did.

This is why we would prefer people link others directly to the front page and they only have to come in the forum if they want to.  Otherwise, they can just grab the booty and go.

The forum is not the point of the site.

And make no mistake, Blue is not BlueSoup. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: