PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:01:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New confirmation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New confirmation  (Read 35086 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New confirmation
« on: 2007 May 31, 00:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New confirmation from EA regarding paysites

Basically saying: why are you asking again, you naughty girl, you posted my convo on your site! Cheesy

But still Tongue

http://www.noukiesims2.net/EAconfirms.gif

Inactive
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 31, 00:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of at the moment is how is Lyric going to find enough dirt on this person to convince us they are evil?

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 31, 00:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a maxoid countered that with, "The jury is still out because legal hasn't said or done anything yet."

Last, but not least: Paysites

The final word on this subject comes from EA Legal. Unless you hear it from EA Legal, then you haven't heard it at all. No one can interpret anything from Legal, but legal.

I don't know about you guys, but I've seen the legal team and they are no joke. I don't pretend to know how to do their job and I don't comment on issues their working on. It's not my place. I'm not a lawyer. I help you guys and I make cool stuff.

Our legal team is aware of A LOT of things. Things we don't know about and sometimes things we can't discuss. The BBS is not the place to start drama. This type of discussion never results in anything nice being said. Peoples feelings are always hurt, that's not cool.

It's not my place, nor yours to do EA Legal's job. They are aware of what's going on and both you and I are in the same boat. Everyone has to wait.

In the meantime, we'll keep running the BBS like it always has. This is a place to share ideas, come together to have fun and talk about why you love The Sims2.

So while I dislike being the bearer of bad news, observe this as a warning. If you bring the drama to my boards, you better be prepared to deal with the llama.

This llama does not dig drama.

Unless it comes in the form of reality tv, because I just can't stop watching it. I know it isn't healty, but it's so much fun!

P.s. Whew! I always try to spellcheck, but in case I've made a grammatical error, my apologies.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 31, 00:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! This is cause for celebration.

I epecially like this part:

(Several countries share and/or recognize US copyright law)

*passes rum*

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 31, 00:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care what Maxisdude says, if you look at the date, this was confirmed AFTER the above statement. They obviously don't work together, and obviously EA legal doesn't give a rats ass what this person has to say.

Inactive
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 31, 00:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet!  Cheesy  *passes out*

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 31, 00:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's his opinion though, but honestly I always fail to see how in the end this matters much.  We have over the years collected many similar letters.  Nothing is ever done to prevent paysites or to stop us from distributing thier files.  I could be mistaken, but I have very little faith anything will happen with this.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 31, 00:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It juist confirms to me that this is 100% real, and that things are starting to move. Don't worry, it might be the start for Sims 3 at least.

Inactive
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 31, 00:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lack of professionalism in that maxoids little address does not inspire much confidence.

missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 31, 00:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I am not advocating at all what the maxoid is saying.  I'm just sharing what's out there.

EA Maxis certainly isn't showing a united front against paysites.. yet.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 31, 00:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
...it might be the start for Sims 3 at least.

That's what I am hoping.

Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 31, 00:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that comment from the sims 2 was by a Sim master, not a maxoid. sim masters are not employed by ea/maxis so they have no idea what really goes on even if they want to pretend they do. maxoids are the only people that even have the right to speak on behalf of ea. sim masters are simply people that ea thought might do a decent job a moderating that shitty BBS, as you can see they are terrible mistaken. sim master drama llama is an idiot and her posts and bannings calling out members is enough to confirm it. she has no info in ea legal at all.

EDIT- Dude, i swear there is one there that has a blue haired avatar and she is simmasterdramallama, lol. i hate her and her goddamned blue hair, she is the epitome of...uh, i just cant stand her

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 31, 02:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"This llama does not dig drama."  :lol:  I'm sorry.  I just had a Breakfast Club flashback.  "You mess with the bull you get the horns."

Thanks for the news Noukie.
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 31, 02:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The drama aint over.

May I suggest asking the following:

"If I were to use products of my own to create items for the sims, am I stil entitled to sell these, even though I am using .package to make them possible to be used within the game. Is this legal for me to sell them? Or is it against the law to sell them when they have been made "useable" for game use?"

Or something along those lines.

THAT is what paysites are arguing about. The fact is, they dont ALL use Homecrafter/Bodyshop etc to make their products, they use 3D programs etc.

So we need confirmation if them using other products, but then turning them into .package (useable form for the game) is legal or illegal.

As it all boils down to that.

I am highly against paysites, but that is the little cloud they are hiding behind right now, and we NEED to know if that is illegal or not. We cannot keep saying that what they are doing is illegal 100% until we know 100% for sure that they are- as I said, it all boils down to what EA says about it.

And finding out that one little thing could show more.

Sorry if im not making great sense, but its freezingcold here and typing is hard lol, and im tired >< (even though its 12:24pm in the arvo..)

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
that comment from the sims 2 was by a Sim master, not a maxoid. sim masters are not employed by ea/maxis so they have no idea what really goes on even if they want to pretend they do. maxoids are the only people that even have the right to speak on behalf of ea. sim masters are simply people that ea thought might do a decent job a moderating that shitty BBS, as you can see they are terrible mistaken. sim master drama llama is an idiot and her posts and bannings calling out members is enough to confirm it. she has no info in ea legal at all.

Actually DramaLlama is a Maxoid- they are employed by EA, they are just one of the developers stuck with the task of watching the BBS with other Simmasters when they arent needed for coding/developing.

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 31, 03:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Gem, once you put your creation into .package format, it is EA Maxis'.  It's as simple as that.

They could sell obj and texture files and it would be legal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: