PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:09:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The real cost...results might suprise you
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The real cost...results might suprise you  (Read 27454 times)
feathered
Landlubber

View Profile
The real cost...results might suprise you
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 24, 07:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yikes, that's alot of moolah. People must really like their pixels alot to even consider* paying that much.  Makes you wonder.

Well done on the calculations.

~toodles.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 24, 08:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get all of Rose's donation sets separately, you'd have to pay 145$. But since her older hairs are special gifts now, she has more than 30 gifts and less than 60 sets, you won't get all of the gifts and possibly miss some of the early hairs.
Using her donation plans, you can "save" a lot of money: you can get all hairs (including the newest one) and all gifts for only 47$!!

What's "Donna's tragic death"? Was it one of those people who makes up a fake sick child to gain sympathy? Like in the "Night Listener"? That was a good, but creepy movie and it's based on a true story...wait a minute, was the woman in that named Donna? Is that who you're talking about?

Donna was a creator at eyecandy forum. She was a person who had to suffer a lot of tragic things, her boyfriend died, she had cancer and many, many more things she freely posted about. Several times she said that she'd retire from the Sims2 community.
Then suddenly her "brother" posted that she had commited suicide.
BUT: Apparently there wasn't a "Donna" ever! People say that "she" always was a "he", the "brother" who posted about her death.

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 24, 08:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Apparently he was a teenager who had strong dramawhore tendencies.

And her spectacular suicide was spoiled by the fact that he posted some of the  things he had showcased as donna a few days after his/her 'death' on another forum.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 24, 11:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, I hate dramawhores, beit real shit,or fake shit. In the real world, if someone keeps whining about the same lame ass petty shit, I tell them a quick rundown of my life so far, and then ask if they have any reason to bitch about their petty shit. Works everytime! My life: oh, 25 operations by age 30, quarter pound of titanium in lower face, 2 foot long rods hooked into spine for scoliosis, several suicide attempts as a teen, 2 car wrecks, 2 motorbike wrecks, 1 spectacular mountainbike wreck (road rash all down left side of body), case of scarlet fever at age 15 that nearly killed me................BUT I'M STILL HERE, AND YOU DON'T HEAR ME GRIPING AND WHINING ABOUT ALL THAT, do ya?LOL.........Yeah, that shuts their lil pie-holes real fucking quick!

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Sweetiepie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 24, 11:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While subs do seem to be the best value for money if there is only one item on the site that you actually want then you would be paying more for it than you would on a pay per item site.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 24, 13:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweetiepie, VERY true. If you only want one item from OpenHouseJack, you're paying twenty bucks for that one item.

It's a racket, no matter how you look at it.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 24, 22:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chelle"
I know Carrie, personally. It's true. Aidan was one sick little boy. She quit making stuff for Sims after she went into premature labor brought on by preeclampsia (which half of you can't even SPELL, much less know what it is) and had Aidan. She didn't use him to get money from people. To say she did is sick. Unless you've sat beside an isolette in a NICU for nine weeks, you'll never know what she's gone through. The fact that Aidan is ALIVE is a miracle.

I'm against paysites. But I'm also against defaming other people, especially when I know them. Until some of you become parents, you'll never know the terror, the heartbreak of having a baby that sick. And even after you do become parents, I hope you don't know that heartbreak.

I'm a parent of a disabled child, so there's no reason to tell me I don't know this problem.  And don't treat us like idiots concerning preeclampsia until you can tell me what a sacral region myelomeningocele is.

And I know that when my son was sick, I didn't have time for a website - all of my time was devoted to him, not to making and selling content - simple as that.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 24, 22:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting the pictures of your sick child on a blog for friends is one thing.  Sticking those same photos up on a retail site comes across as mercenary.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 24, 22:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was in the icu for a few weeks when i was little and my mom stayed as much as she could and only left to shower and sleep. And she only did that when i told her to leave since her snoring beside my bed was making it so i couldnt hear the tv lol

If my mom wasnt an e-tard, she might have had time to check her email or post a quick blog update, but not to load up a few programs (photoshop,bodyshop,etc), sit around for awhile making content, wait for the game to load to do screenies, then take screenies and upload the files through FTP and add them to new pages on a website?
That would take up alot of her day right there. Unless you own a website and create things, you dont know how long it actually takes (unless you're doing atwa crap and floodfilling everything). And she seems to be updating pretty frequently and posting frequently for someone who claims to be at the hospital all day everyday.

She has always asked for donations on the site, but now that she has a baby she feels the need to post up a giant slideshow of incredibly closeup pics of her sick baby and say "guess what if you donate now you'll save money!!" She even put that slideshow on the "light version" which is supposed to have less graphics and load quicker for those on dialup or slow internet. That seems like shes trying pretty hard to make money off of peoples emotions.  That's crap. Whether the situation is real or she googled for the images.

And I wonder why Chelle only registered to post in this thread and defend her.
missnaughty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 24, 22:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
ive never paid 9.95 for a stuff pack ive paid 19.95, where are you getting yours from lol.

Well if your location is in the USA, it would be about $19 but as I live in the UK its £9.  Thats about half of $20.  Anyway I was just quoting the original prices, right now you can get the base game and others for much less.
MinLynn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 25, 00:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I've been lurking here for oh so long and I love what y'all are about and I've read some of the funniest shit ever while lurking here.  I finally decided to register just so I could throw in my two cents worth.

I'm offended that Chelle would assume that people here wouldn't know what Preeclampsia is and also assume that not one person here is a parent.  My son who is now 5 was born over 2 months premature (due to PREECLAMPSIA) and weighed in at a whopping 2lbs.  He also lived in the NICU for nearly 9 weeks and I TOO was there with him day and night and the fact that my son is alive now is truely a miracle.  Great we got that all out of the way.  So here's my point.  I was sooo busy spending time in a hospital beside my son that the only pictures that were even TAKEN of him were a couple of polaroids and never did I have the time to get on the computer and even post those pictures let alone run a website and play a video game.  My time at home was spent sleeping and eating the occasional sandwich before heading back up to the hospital.  I don't think anybody was meaning to defame Carrie at all but you have to admit that it does seem maybe a little selfish (if that's even the right word)  to spend free time running a paysite.  Could be just me though.  All my thoughts and time were consumed by my son.  

So please don't disrespect those that are smart enough and can fucking spell and DID spend all their time sitting beside an isolette in the NICU for 9 weeks. Okay? Thanks!

I\\\\\\\'m a damn naggin housewife and mother to 3.  Now where the hell is my Midol at?!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 25, 01:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Carrie, personally. It's true. Aidan was one sick little boy. She quit making stuff for Sims after she went into premature labor brought on by preeclampsia (which half of you can't even SPELL, much less know what it is) and had Aidan. She didn't use him to get money from people. To say she did is sick. Unless you've sat beside an isolette in a NICU for nine weeks, you'll never know what she's gone through. The fact that Aidan is ALIVE is a miracle.

I'm against paysites. But I'm also against defaming other people, especially when I know them. Until some of you become parents, you'll never know the terror, the heartbreak of having a baby that sick. And even after you do become parents, I hope you don't know that heartbreak.

ANd you know that none of us have a clue what preeclampsia is or that none of us have / know of disabled children?  Thanks for the asumptions.

I always love the holier than thou attitude of "Unless you're a parent you don't know the meaning of love!" and even more vomit inducing, "Unless you're the parent of a sick child, you don't know heartache!" I've lost close family members, I've got a mother who's dying of a prelonged illness.  Who the hell are you to discount my pain so easily with this, "Only a parent understands!"  Who are you to say that only losing a child is true grief?

Pain is pain.  Heartache is heartach.  You cannot lable one persons pain less than anothers.  My heart goes out to any parent of a sick child, but my heart is also big enough to go out to anyone with troubles and not to judge one person's heartache more worthy than another.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 25, 01:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't make any assumptions about you whatsoever. Unless you actually know her in real life, you can't be sure of anything and neither am I. It's pretty arrogant of you to assume anything about any of us.

I do know what it's like to have a deathly ill infant, and I sure as hell didn't have time to run a website then. I'm not going to splash my personal story everywhere, but I know what it means to be a parent.

I wish the child and their family all the best but I still find it offensive to put pictures up on a commercial website of a very ill child.
Hekima
ARR!

View Profile
Re: The real cost...results might suprise you
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 25, 02:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
TSR, for all we hate them, does give us the best bang for our buck...with over 70,000 pay items available, you can get them downloaded for under a penny a piece. Of course, you have to pay them a minimum of $8.95 US, but the value is staggering.

Yeah...but then there's the part about giving people like Atwa and Bunteh your bucks. I guess it's better than banging them, though.

(All though, literally banging them with something would work for me...)

emember: The phrase "free gift" is redundant.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 25, 04:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This what I get for not being on the forum in months. I miss all the really great stuff.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: