PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:53:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Pimp My Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pimp My Sims  (Read 44534 times)
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #90 on: 2006 November 14, 23:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue wasn't grammar mistakes.

I can forgive mispellings and grammar mistakes because I know that not everyone has English as a first language. (Unless you insist on typing in chatspeak. Then I might have to hunt you down and kill you for making my eyes bleed.)

But grammar and spelling? Eh. As long as I can get to the point.

I do, however, have trouble following circular logic. The topic went all over the place and never actually addressed the point.

He has since come here and clarified what he meant. No harm, no foul.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #91 on: 2006 November 14, 23:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance of a Paypal button going back up on your site, Solander? If not, what other ways can we donate?
Noodle
Landlubber

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #92 on: 2006 November 14, 23:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solander, thanks for sharing your opinion without ranting, raving, and cussing up a storm.  It is nice to see an intelligent discussion/debate with such a well-respected custom creator such as yourself.  Your creations are very well done. I haven't visited your site but I do have some of the stuff you have on MTS2.

And I don't think you look like Ben Stiller, I think you have a "Pierce Brosnan as James Bond" pose going on there.   :wink:
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #93 on: 2006 November 14, 23:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "surelyfunke"
Any chance of a Paypal button going back up on your site, Solander? If not, what other ways can we donate?

don't know. In fact, i don't need the money right now. This has been one reason, why i removed the button. I can pay my server bills with my own money without having to sing at the mall with no shoes, so donations are not neccessary.

As pointed out above, some feedback is really enough in my eyes. I enjoy creating stuff but knowing someone likes it, is even better. If you just count numbers like traffic, visitors or something else, you don't know, if they all did put the downloads into the trashcan right after testing them ingame. Unlikely, i know Wink, but i like to "read" than just to "imagine" Smiley

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #94 on: 2006 November 14, 23:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Keijra

"I do, however, have trouble following circular logic."

Maybe he's a lawyer Smiley
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #95 on: 2006 November 14, 23:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Solander"
I can pay my server bills with my own money without having to sing at the mall with no shoes, so donations are not neccessary.

Would you do it anyway?
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #96 on: 2006 November 14, 23:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe i would, but i don't like to be arrested by the police or threatened by an outraged crowd

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #97 on: 2006 November 14, 23:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of people are tough on fellow English speakers for not being able to handle their native language coherently, partially it is just poking fun at them. When someone who is not a naitive speaker makes the effort to communicate, by and large just about everyone here will be more than willing to overlook the errors because writing in a non native language is hard! I would cringe to think of what french speakers would think of my feeble attempts at their language. So no worries Blue, we aren't that mean Tongue

It is kind of weird how your activities around the community make their rounds and people know what you're up to. I remembered Solander being on GSC2 because I've registered and lurked around there to snag some of the creations and things.

Feedback from people who appreciate your stuff IS really nice, I totally agree. I love getting little thank you notes in my guestbook and things. Sure, it may seem like just a trifle, but a little gratitude and appreciation for your efforts really does go a long way.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #98 on: 2006 November 14, 23:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
I can pay my server bills with my own money without having to sing at the mall with no shoes, so donations are not neccessary.

Would you do it anyway?

Eeep! Not if it is that cold!

We don't want him to get frostbite.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #99 on: 2006 November 14, 23:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Keijra"
Eeep! Not if it is that cold!

We don't want him to get frostbite.

Well, surely the mall would be heated when it's cold out.  :wink:

And I had no problem with the spelling and grammar.  I've seen worse, and it wasn't all that terrible.  Like Keijra and some others, it was the logic that was kind of confusing me, and of course it's since been clarified so 's'cool.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #100 on: 2006 November 14, 23:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, i'm not a lawyer. If i was, my circular logic would have been even more circular and noone would have had a chance to understand, what i wanted to say. As some people did, i can't be a laywer. Quod erat demonstrandum.

Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #101 on: 2006 November 14, 23:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Solander

"But if you start a huge party which is know for its fun factor, offer free beer as much as everyone likes and if you then don't charge anything, a little "hey, cool, thanks you did this" by at least some of the guests would be nice, hm? But with the feedback ratio at our site, you had to start a party for 2,500 people to have at least 1 person say thank you.

Ok, maybe that comparison is not that perfect, as you get feedback watching people have fun. But i don't. I never see people enjoy my creations or the ones of my co-workers. I mostly (95%) get support mails of people asking for meshes, general "can you repair my pc and wash my car" mails and those flame mails, i talked about before.'

Now I feel worse. I'm sorry I never pressed that button or wrote a 'thank you'. I have all your CC and they are really one of my favorites. Cant you tell from the number of the downloads that people like your work?
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #102 on: 2006 November 14, 23:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were a lawyer, your circular logic would cease to be circular and become more of a dodecahedron. Or a slinky shape.

Whatever.

It's been a long day and I am not really coherant.

Well, surely the mall would be heated when it's cold out. :wink:

Obviously you have never been to my local mall...
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #103 on: 2006 November 14, 23:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, i'm not a lawyer. If i was, my circular logic would have been even more circular and noone would have had a chance to understand, what i wanted to say. As some people did, i can't be a laywer. Quod erat demonstrandum.

my dad's a lawyer... I learned to get used to losing an argument XD
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #104 on: 2006 November 14, 23:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Blue"
Now I feel worse. I'm sorry I never pressed that button or wrote a 'thank you'. I have all your CC and they are really one of my favorites. Cant you tell from the number of the downloads that people like your work?

That's the only thing I blame lots of users for. It's so easy to browse a site, download everything you like and leave. If the content was created bit by bit with lots of accuracy and a love of details isn't rewarded.

And the hard facts like traffic etc. don't say anything. If you look at people around you in real life, they do tend to grab anything, if it is promoted and free. Place some real crap on a table, scream "free" and you will be left with nothing 5 minutes later.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: