PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:45:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 736352 times)
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #2130 on: 2008 February 28, 16:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dachs, how long have you been breeding dachshunds?  And my concern about getting a mate for Dabney is that my maternal instincts will kick in and I'll want to keep the entire litter, LOL.  Is it really tough letting the puppies go, even though I'm sure you make certain they are going to good homes?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/euterpe410/dabney.jpg  I don't have one of Jefferson on this computer, but I'll try to get one out of storage...
The baby in the photo is a cutie pattootie.  We have been breeding dogs on and off from over 20 years now. Dachshunds for 4 years now going on 5. I was a vet tech for a while too. I have always been in the dog world so to speak all my life and have had dachshunds since I was only 14. My Mom us to breed and show toy poodles and we are hoping to get back into the show world with our dachshunds. I find finding the good homes the hardest part and we have turned folks down as far as selling to them. I won't sell to folks who own certain breeds of dogs already and I wont sometimes sell to folks with little children as dachshunds and their back tend to get hurt easily and toddlers can be too ruff with them. So we do choose carefully but it does hurt when you find out one of your babies maybe did not get as good of home as you thought it was. I thank goodness with the dachshunds have not had but two of those and that was one person who kept her pinned up 24 hours a day. And one let her son let one of the babies loose and it got hit by a car. I try to keep in contact with everyone who gets a puppy from us and I do hear from most. We try to be responsible as these babies do not ask to enter this world. That hardest part about breeding is when we loose a puppy at birth or when we have c-sections and have to worry but thank goodness this last c-section came out beautiful. I do spay and neuter any of our dogs that I do not breed or choose to not breed any longer. I also control all the breedings. I do not just throw a male and female together. The breedings are done in such a way to improve on the dachshund breed and to provide dachshunds that are true to the AKC standard of what a perfect dachshund should be. So there is a lot of thought and process that go into every breeding.

You have to just get in the mind set that these puppies will be sold and try your best to not get attached but that does not usually happen as I attach myself to every puppy. Some are more special then others such as the ones that were bottle fed and such. It makes it all worth while when folks thank you for the best dog they have ever had. Most of my dachshunds come 85 percent already housebroke as we work hard with them to get them this way as we find most dogs end up at the shelter due to not being able to get the dog housebroken.

I think you will find it very rewarding to breed your dog as he is very handsome. But I do not know of many breeders that do not already have their own studs and need one from outside. Their are STD's that are in dogs as well so most breeders use only their own studs. They call this a closed kennel. You may have to end up buying that female if you want to breed your boy. I would just go back to the breeder you bought your two boys from as you are very happy with them and she will know of a good female to match your male as she will know her bloodlines well. Good luck and I hope things go well for you if you do decide to breed.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: 2008 February 28, 18:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one pure bred dog I had was a Shih Tzu named Houdini, and he wasn't show quality so the owner never bred him. He wound up in the Animal Rescue League when she passed away and her daughter didn't want him because he wasn't breeding material. Some friends of mine got him three hours before his death sentence was carried out and they of course, had to neuter him. When the woman got preggers, they got rid of him because she thought he was going to hurt the baby because he was kind of a jealous boy.

I came along after losing a dog that was a Shih Tzu/Pekenese cross due to my ex hating it and running it over while I was away from home, so I wanted another dog. (Yet another reason he is the first ex-husband!) I saw the ad in the paper, called and asked to meet the dog. I got there and lo and behold, I knew these peoples! When I got into the house, the dog was locked behind a baby gate straining to get out, so I sat on the floor and said to let him come in. He made a straight line dash to my lap and didn't leave it until I left with him. He claimed me then and there, which surprised my friends because he wasn't even very fond of them!

He rode beside me while I drove home with him and he slept with me every night. He was four when I got him and was my best friend for fourteen years. He was there through all the ups and downs and my first child and my two cats. He was the most gentle and loving nanny mutt to my daughter and never once growled at her or nipped. Same with the cats. When he went blind from cataracts, the cats would lead him around the house like they were his seeing eye kitties. He got very ill with cancer when he was eighteen and I had to put him to sleep because I couldn't make my best friend suffer like that. Dini had been there through it all and I just couldn't bear to see him hurt. It's been twelve years and I miss him so much to this day. I only  hope the next dog I get will be as sweet but I do think that he was a once in a lifetime buddy. I've not had a dog of my own since he passed, but when I get another, the animal will pick me, not me picking it. That's how I get all of my pets, they choose me.

As for the dentist, next week he is pulling one broken molar and one wisdom tooth, with an option to go for another molar as well... Owie!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: 2008 February 28, 19:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only one word.. and that word is dogggeeee!!  Grin *in tones slightly less peircing than when I see a cute penguin*

Oh and I've been playing with the new meshes from Freetime.. The Spanish dress specifically.
Black http://sublimesims.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=574&Itemid=61
red, purple, green http://sublimesims.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=575&Itemid=61
I will eventually do a white version, but I'm off playing with the gypsy mesh next I think..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2133 on: 2008 February 28, 20:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omg Sara! I love that dress and your recolors. I'm gonna get these thanks so much<3

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: 2008 February 28, 20:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Thank you so much Red Cheesy I'm going to do a white one for Skadi soon, but before I do that I'm gonna seguay off into having a play with the gypsy mesh..

WonderRik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: 2008 February 29, 04:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are so pretty!

But you know, the thing I like best about the dress is that there's finally something to go with that short hair with the flower. 
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: 2008 February 29, 05:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden good luck with your teeth and also I am sorry about you losing your best pet. I know it has been 12 years but sometimes it feels like just yesterday. I do know how that feels and have some dogs I have lost that I still to this day cry and miss them terribly. I am glad you were about to find a dog like that as most people do not know that kind of bond between a dog and the one he owns. I say he owns as when they are that close to their human they own us not the other way around. I feel sorry for the people who think a dog is just a dog as they are much more then just that and those people no matter what you do will never be able to understand that bond. I do hope someday you find that special dog again as I am sure there is another one out there in need of a home that will pick you out again if you give him/her a chance.

Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: 2008 February 29, 07:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saraswati, those recolors are simply DE-vine.  I'm gonna have to get FT just for them.  Thanks for giving me a fully justified reason! Cheesy

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: 2008 February 29, 08:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, I too love the dress!  Downloaded.  Thank you!

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: 2008 February 29, 11:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Thank you so much WonderRik, Vod Kaknockers and Kierra.. I'll try to do as nice a job with the gypsy outfit..

Puppygirl, I actually understand completely how you feel about your dogs.. I have a Cockateil I feel the same way about and I felt the same way about a Chuiaha (sp) we had when I was a kid.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2140 on: 2008 February 29, 14:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mom bred Huskies and Poms.
I hate Poms. Nasty little creatures.
Huskies are FTW.

No pertinent input. Proceed...lol.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
MinLynn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: 2008 February 29, 15:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ry, we had a Pom for years and he was the most hateful little dog! I fell in love with him as a pup and just haaaad to have him.  I quickly learned just how tempermental those little fuzzballs are! He would torment our 17 year old cocker and when he was in a really foul mood he would get up onto our dining table and pee and poop.  No reason, really.  Just because we would have to go somewhere for a couple of hours.  My mother-in-law fell in love with him (makes sense since she's just as foul as he is!) and when she bought our house from us, he stayed with the house.

I\\\\\\\'m a damn naggin housewife and mother to 3.  Now where the hell is my Midol at?!
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2142 on: 2008 February 29, 21:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my friends had a Pom and it was a vile, hateful little beast too. It tolerated HER and no one else. Anyone else, it would bite if they so much as tried to go near it. Sometimes even if they didn't, and would go out of it's way to nip people. Evil creature.

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
   Grouch cop, "Elmo in Grouchland"
devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: 2008 February 29, 23:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't all evil. I know a pom who's very sweet, playful, and extremely social with adults, children, and other crittery types. Not particularily well-behaved, but of course he can't be faulted for lack of training. Not that he's terribly-behaved either, just that he's not been taught even the basic commands. Overall, he's a good pup.

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2144 on: 2008 February 29, 23:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara I'm so waiting for that white recolor. You did such a good job. We can haz Sara cult?

Here's my baby

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: