PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:21:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 744858 times)
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #1725 on: 2008 January 17, 09:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Rose"
I'm helping out I See Drones with that freestuff e-zine idea. And this is a room I'm considering putting up as part of it:

It was a pain in the butt filling those shelves with content from 100%-free-site objects hah! But I think it looks okay.

I WANT THE CORNER SHELVES OMG!!!

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
DeeDee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 2008 January 17, 09:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that room, and i ADORE the corner shelves. Great job there.

harmari, where the sharmy keepsh itsh weaponsh.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 2008 January 17, 10:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

John Doe... your alien is really cute  :wink:

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1728 on: 2008 January 17, 11:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want those corner shelves too! Where are they from?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 2008 January 17, 12:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have the right ones, the corner shelves are from http://simwardrobe.com/ look under Sims 2/Objects/Furniture.

Cheesy
Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2008 January 17, 13:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Need an opinion or two guys...

I'm working on recreating a bunch of outfits from the movie Serenity for the game and I'm starting with Inara's...this is what I have so far.

It's not entirely exact but it's close enough for my liking - does this look 'clothy' enough? It's kinda blurry towards the bottom but I suspect that to be crappy maxian mapping rather then my incompetence with a wacom Cheesy

This on the other hand is ugly and wrong for some reason...looks like the bones of some sort of Alien creature >< Has anyone any ideas of how to fix this?

This is the original if it helps :/ I'm just not going for the seethrough effect with the fabric :/
Jess Maree
Pedobait
ARR!

Leader of the PMBD Lesbian Militia.

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 2008 January 17, 15:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG I want that hair, Nouk! It's georgeous! *swoons*

I also looove those corner shelves. Thy download addict hath returneth! Tongue

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 2008 January 17, 15:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikane - the front is fine, but the back is a little regular, if you get what I mean.  Fabric tends to be a little more random and bunched.  If both sides are a little bit different, then it'll look fine.  Not photographic, but very well painted, I think.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1733 on: 2008 January 17, 15:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aikane"
Need an opinion or two guys...

The rear texture does not show a gathering point. Fabric has to be gathered in order to drape, and that is usually at the shoulder. There really is no reason for the back of this dress to be draped. It would not naturally fall that way, unless it was gathered at the top of the shoulder.
If you look at a real dress, the pleated front is purposely gathered at certain points to create a pleated/draped effect. Then the front piece is attached to a flat back piece. I advise that you make the back texture flat, and make a seam at the sides.

Still watching you guys
Rose
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2008 January 17, 18:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Irish Wench"
If I have the right ones, the corner shelves are from http://simwardrobe.com/ look under Sims 2/Objects/Furniture.

Cheesy

Correct! Also, that dark wood recolor is from Piggi's Sims. Check under Downloads/Recolors from other sites/Surfaces. It's the middle picture.

I guess the picture worked then! Cheesy  Yay!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2008 January 17, 21:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would smoothen it out with the smudge tool here and there, make some slight shade and lighter spots, smooth it out again.

Inactive
Dballx
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 2008 January 17, 21:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk I love the new hairstyle I hope it gets released soon. Have you tried to doing hair streaks?  Smiley
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 2008 January 17, 21:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall, I *think* that dress was gathered in the back, hence the regularity of the lines. However, even on gathered fabric, it shouldn't be exactly symmetrical, which is what gives it that "alien bones" look. Also, I don't think it should drape quite that much, maybe a little less curvature would help. The top seems like the texture was cut off a bit, which makes it look a little odd. Gathered and draped textures are tough to do by hand, and Inara's clothes are full of both.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 2008 January 17, 21:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"

The rear texture does not show a gathering point. Fabric has to be gathered in order to drape, and that is usually at the shoulder. There really is no reason for the back of this dress to be draped. It would not naturally fall that way, unless it was gathered at the top of the shoulder.
If you look at a real dress, the pleated front is purposely gathered at certain points to create a pleated/draped effect. Then the front piece is attached to a flat back piece. I advise that you make the back texture flat, and make a seam at the sides.

That sounds right to me, you could have ruching along the back of a dress but you will notice that instead of it being pulled along the zipper, at the top it is just cut with no indication of how it is sewn in. As well, you will notice that the pleating and draping on the back is very organized, symmetrical and all of the shadowing is the exact same shade, this is what is contributing to the "ribbed" look. At the front you can see that the shadows are uneven (lightness, darkness, and thickness of shadows is varied) and the fabric drapes in a much less organized fashion (although still all going in the same direction). This is what is giving the impression of a much more layered, soft, correct fabric look.

On the back the shadows are all the exact same width and darkness, and there appears to be far too many of them (probably due to their similarity). The evenness and amount of the shadows is really adding to a very drawn, flat look as well. My recommendation is to add both darker and lighter shadowed elements and to tone down the amount you are putting on the dress. As well, you should really think about adding stitching and the impression of sewn elements (say along the top of the dress and the shoulders) as this will add to the "reality" (well, Sims reality anyway) of the dress. Take a look at some pictures of dresses like the one you are making in order to get an idea of the kind of stiching used (or at least how the fabric is fitted together as seams may not be obvious), as well as how shadows and highlights react with that kind of draping.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 2008 January 17, 21:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mando said it better than me Smiley

I am trying to remember the details of the outfit, but I thought the bodice fabric was gathered at the sides and middle back at the zipper, which is why the gathers look that way in the back. They would drape just a bit at the center point between seams, but the curve shouldn't be quite that drastic since the gathers are relatively close together. I'm probably not explaining very well.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: